Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name 10 things you've done that nobody else here has done...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Javalon
    No kidding. Was that an official USCF rating?

I've really wanted to play in some sanctioned tournaments just to see how I'd do but I never got around to it. Now I haven't even played a game in a couple years. I'm thinking I should start it back up and give it a go. That's assuming I can take time away from Broncomania to hone my chess skills again.
    No it wasn't official.

I had to play like 4-6 hours a day for a couple years to get that good. I haven't played since 96. All those old chess servers are down I think.

I don't know anything anymore. I forgot all my openings except a couple.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
      Nah, each post is stamped with a time and date to give it context. It will still be a fact that on March 1st 2005 @ 02:41 PM, That Dark Knight was the only member to attain "Benchwarmer".

Ah, I see. At this current moment in time.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
      2. Taxes
      3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

No it wasn't official.

I had to play like 4-6 hours a day for a couple years to get that good. I haven't played since 96. All those old chess servers are down I think.

Chess is complicated, if you don't play in a while, you'll lose your playing ability.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
        2. Taxes
        3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

1) Predicted the first shorthanded goal for the Avs of the 2003 season. Avs shorthanded 3 - 5. (I've got witnesses to the fact too! )

ummm..
          2) Stand within 10 ft of former President Bush without getting busted by the secret service.

uhh...
          3) Ride in a hot air balloon before age 15.

dang this is hard!
          4) Visit all states west of the Mississippi River except for Alaska & Louisiana.

Hmmm... What else...
          5) Have major surgery performed to remove colon before the age of 20.

Let's see...
          6) The second member of Vulcan's new message board. Go register today! (You're welcome Vulcan.)

Ouch! This is starting to hurt.
          7) Forget my head on a daily basis if it weren't attached.

That's it. I don't want to sprain my brain, I'm dain bramaged enough already.

Here's another one...

8) Highest score (2516) on the game at this site:
          http://www.deviantart.com/view/8666529/

[edit]
          Just thought of this one...

9) Own a Lego collection of over 5,000 pieces. Man these are the greatest toy ever invented!

Almost got ten. Maybe it'll come to me in a dream tonight.
          [/edit]
          Last edited by TheGlue Factory; 03-01-2005, 02:29 PM.

Comment

No it wasn't official.

Gotcha. Yeah I played for a long time on Yahoo Games because there's always a ton of people there and because nobody I knew personally could beat me. I got up to about a 2300 rating there but that doesn't really mean too much since it's difficult to judge the quality of your opponents.

I love Chess but I can't figure out how a purely mental game could seriously stress me out, pump my adrenaline, and make me sweat buckets. Man, I need to start playing again.
            "You can't take the sky from me..."
            ------
            "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by TheGlue Factory
              1) Predicted the first shorthanded goal for the Avs of the 2003 season. Avs shorthanded 3 - 5. (I've got witnesses to the fact too! )

ummm..
              2) Stand within 10 ft of former President Bush without getting busted by the secret service.

uhh...
              3) Ride in a hot air balloon before age 15.

dang this is hard!
              4) Visit all states west of the Mississippi River except for Alaska & Louisiana.

Hmmm... What else...
              5) Have major surgery performed to remove colon before the age of 20.

Let's see...
              6) The second member of Vulcan's new message board. Go register today! (You're welcome Vulcan.)

Ouch! This is starting to hurt.
              7) Forget my head on a daily basis if it weren't attached.

That's it. I don't want to sprain my brain, I'm dain bramaged enough already.

Here's another one...

8) Highest score (2516) on the game at this site:
              http://www.deviantart.com/view/8666529/
              Sorry to sprain your brain. How was the hot air balloon? I haven't ever done that.
              "You can't take the sky from me..."
              ------
              "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Gotcha. Yeah I played for a long time on Yahoo Games because there's always a ton of people there and because nobody I knew personally could beat me. I got up to about a 2300 rating there but that doesn't really mean too much since it's difficult to judge the quality of your opponents.

I love Chess but I can't figure out how a purely mental game could seriously stress me out, pump my adrenaline, and make me sweat buckets. Man, I need to start playing again.

Yeah, there is an arguement to be said about Chess being a sport. The adrenaline, stress and sweat can really make you lose focus and make you hastie. Also, aggressive play can intimidate your opponent so it's kinda good and bad.

Comment

Sorry to sprain your brain. How was the hot air balloon? I haven't ever done that.
                  Don't worry about it. I was hurtin' trying to come up with all those things.

It was a blast! It's a really gentle ride. You slowly ascend and descend. The roughest part is a little jolt at the landing which isn't as bad as jumping off a chair if you have a good pilot (which we had.) A friend of mine's dad owned his own hot air balloon and gave us rides in 5th grade!

Comment

1) Played on four undefeated baseball teams.

2) Get picks #1 - #10 on Madden 2005 every year of your franchise until you decided to quit it.

3) Win a Golf tournament (local) with adults at the age of 12.

4) Win 3 Boy Scouts' Pinewood Derby's.

5) Shoot a bird with a BB Gun and strap it to a $20.00 Firework Rocket and shoot it to Heaven.

6) Beat Megaman for N64 (Took me a whole day)

7) Be held as a hostage.

8) Give a stone-cold stunner to my science teacher and give my classmates the "Hell Yeah."

9) Give my principal a tombstone piledriver and the People's Elbow.

10) Learn and master the "Hadoken" attack on Street Fighter and perform it on a group of kids who're autistic.

Okay, so some of them aren't true; but I'll leave that up to you!

Comment

Originally posted by Broncology
                      1) Played on four undefeated baseball teams.

2) Get picks #1 - #10 on Madden 2005 every year of your franchise until you decided to quit it.

3) Win a Golf tournament (local) with adults at the age of 12.

4) Win 3 Boy Scouts' Pinewood Derby's.

5) Shoot a bird with a BB Gun and strap it to a $20.00 Firework Rocket and shoot it to Heaven.

6) Beat Megaman for N64 (Took me a whole day)

7) Be held as a hostage.

8) Give a stone-cold stunner to my science teacher and give my classmates the "Hell Yeah."

9) Give my principal a tombstone piledriver and the People's Elbow.

10) Learn and master the "Hadoken" attack on Street Fighter and perform it on a group of kids who're autistic.

Okay, so some of them aren't true; but I'll leave that up to you!
                      8 and 9 were part of a school bet or some other celebratory reason. I'm willing to bet #10 isn't true.

Comment

hmmm, i definitely don't have 10.

1) Tried a space-cake in Amsterdam

2) Seen a papal mass at the Vatican.

3) Taken a gondola ride in Venice

4) Rushed the court after a big east basketball game

5) Danced in the presence of Gwen Stefani

6) Partied with a former member of the Real World

7) Been within 5 feet of a barracuda while snorkeling

8) Had a martini at Harry's Bar (made famous by La Dolce Vita)

9) Witness a game 7 collapse (NYY vs. BOS)

10) Witness Roger Clemens win his 300th game and achieve his 5000 strikeout (same game, against St. Louis Cardinals)

11. Driven through the tunnel at the Monaco Grand Prix

Maybe some of you have done some of these things as well.
                        Last edited by NJBRONCOSFAN; 03-01-2005, 05:32 PM.

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

Hey dark knight, have you ever played shredder on hard mode? That thing is insane.. I am still getting pwnt on the low lvl.. the high lvl is imposible to beat. Every move I make it has a diff scenario to beat it!
                          R.I.P. Darrent Williams

R.I.P. Damien Nash

Comment

Originally posted by NJBRONCOSFAN

6) Partied with a former member of the Real World

Yay, did that! With Cameron. Not that I knew who she was at the time, but everyone else did. =p

Doubt I can get to 10...

1) Stood on a corner in Winslow, Arizona.

2) Saw myself in the same mirror that Wyatt Earp, Virgil Earp, Morgan Earp, and Doc Holliday saw themselves in.

3) Fallen through the ice on a frozen lake.

4) Set a world record in points playing "Commando" on my Commodore 128.

5) Caught a hummingbird.

6) Left my home for an entirely new city where I had no ties whatsoever (Friends or family).

7) Reviewed a movie with Greg Moody.

8) Sat with the Marshall Tucker band on an airplane.

9) Been to the real Cheers.

10) Driven a Viper.

Comment

1. completely tore my ligaments in my ankle and played the entire game

2. 6 straight undefeated NCAA tourneys with my boys

3. Caught a 35 lbs Amberjack

4. Didnt get out of my bed for a whole day (got 100 bucks off bets for that one )

5. 15 Consecutive Swishs in a basketball game

6. Managing to take crap from TDK without from exploding

7. Jumping Rope for a full 20 minutes

8. Standing on top of Mount Everest

9. Falling into a volcano and living

10. My first hour of living i couldnt breathe

so what if i made 8-10 up...i couldnt come up with anymore

Comment

Originally posted by West
                                1. completely tore my ligaments in my ankle and played the entire game

2. 6 straight undefeated NCAA tourneys with my boys

3. Caught a 35 lbs Amberjack

4. Didnt get out of my bed for a whole day (got 100 bucks off bets for that one )

5. 15 Consecutive Swishs in a basketball game

6. Managing to take crap from TDK without from exploding

7. Jumping Rope for a full 20 minutes

8. Standing on top of Mount Everest

9. Falling into a volcano and living

10. My first hour of living i couldnt breathe

so what if i made 8-10 up...i couldnt come up with anymore
                                hhmmm..... didnt know you were in college....

Comment

Working...
                                X