Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name 10 things you've done that nobody else here has done...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jared
    Well, it was white meat, but it tastes something like chicken dark meat...or maybe duck? It was gator scampi, so the other flavors were hard to filter out. You can tell its not chicken by the texture though. Leaner and a little chewier. I liked it.

I have also had snake.
    Forget to take food on a hike and got desperate, eh?
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
      No kidding. Any details?

Hey, cool. Tell us which ones and where to look for you!
      http://www.securityoncampus.org/aboutsoc/didntknow.html

http://www.cbcag.edu/view.asp?id=220

http://www.roxanneconlinlaw.com/CM/F...cus=topic&id=4

I was the guy's paper boy. I lived across the street and 6 doors down (he lived at 508 with other students, I lived at 514) You could see this door from his front porch. I am still conflicted about my part in this trial. Since it is public record by now, I think, I will tell you that I testified, in 1987 and early 1988, that I saw that door open more times than not on my morning deliveries ij 1986. I can also tell you that there were times that I definitely suspected alcohol or drug use in that house bacsue of the weird behavior of its residents. Yet, the suspect was always the quiet, polite one when I came to collect my fees or offer to shovel snow for money. I was not allowed to stay for the whole trial, because my parents wouldn't allow it. The defense attorney attempted to upset me, but he was a smug jerkl, and I just looked right at the jury and answered yes or no. When he asked non yes or no questions, I simply aksed him to rephrase the question, because I wasn't sure what he was asking. Worst crime in the city ever. I still am not sure if he was capable of it. One of his roomates, though, was always outside, drunk, yelling at attractive women as the left the corner bar.

But the jury found him guilty in less than 1 day.

He was put to death.

Liek I said, I am conflicted as to whether I helped him get convicted or was just stating the facts. His defense attorney probably didn't win him any sympathy.

I had trouble sleeping through high shcool because of this. And, unfortunately, once people found out here I lived, very few of my friend's parents allowed them to come over. Even 8 years later when I graudated high school.

And, most sadly, every single African-American in town who knew who I was, was not noce to me (the guilty party was African-American)....which is a shame, because they all lived in my neighboorhood, and I played baskektball with them and their kids. Prejudice does go two ways, don't let anyone ever tell you any different.

I hadn't thought about this for years before tonight......I am kinda shaking now....

The two Bon Jovi videos are the live portion of "Bed Of Roses" and "In These Arms" from the "Keep The Faith" album. "In These Arms" was also on Beavis & Butthead, and it became fodder for a practical joke pulled on me on our college TV show. I was doing the weather on our newscast (we actually had cable access, not closed circuit, so it was all over NE PA), and instead of my 5 day forecast, there's a freeeze frame of me doing the rock devil horns in the front row. It had been blown up....everyone laughed.....I did too, once I looked at my studio monitor. I had been reading my teleprompter as I walked back to the anchor desk, so I couldn't see the monitor until I got there....I wondered why everyone was laughing.

The vids were flimed at Lehigh University (which as you can tell, I lived very close too).

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
      You should check these guys out

Comment

Forget to take food on a hike and got desperate, eh?
        Nah.

Restaurant in Erie, PA served 'snakebites' as an appertizer. I thought...huh? the drink.....?

Bite sized pieces of snake with a jalapeno jam/jelly for dipping.

Very yummy.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
        You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
          I hadn't thought about this for years before tonight......I am kinda shaking now....
          Man, I'm sorry I caused you to dredge up some bad childhood memories. If I had known it was that traumatic for you, I wouldn't have asked.

The two Bon Jovi videos are the live portion of "Bed Of Roses" and "In These Arms" from the "Keep The Faith" album. "In These Arms" was also on Beavis & Butthead, and it became fodder for a practical joke pulled on me on our college TV show. I was doing the weather on our newscast (we actually had cable access, not closed circuit, so it was all over NE PA), and instead of my 5 day forecast, there's a freeeze frame of me doing the rock devil horns in the front row. It had been blown up....everyone laughed.....I did too, once I looked at my studio monitor. I had been reading my teleprompter as I walked back to the anchor desk, so I couldn't see the monitor until I got there....I wondered why everyone was laughing.

The vids were flimed at Lehigh University (which as you can tell, I lived very close too).
          Cool. I'll try to keep a look out for you on VH1-Classic.
          ------

Comment

So, did you you cook it and eat it? ( Referring to the hunting thread.)
            you silly ......kix are for trids.....

Well, I'd hope #9 to be true otherwise you are one dedicated Bronco fan to be still posting from the other side. So what's the story on that one?
            Yeah...s'pose I could have left it off.......and checked whether anybody figured it out.
            I had related the experience on another thread some time back, though......
            ..long/short of it:
            got drunk, dove into the pool(shallow end)

To this day, I have spinal problems......stupid/stupid/stupid.
            "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
            tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
            men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
              Yeah...s'pose I could have left it off.......and checked whether anybody figured it out.
              I had related the experience on another thread some time back, though......
              ..long/short of it:
              got drunk, dove into the pool(shallow end)

To this day, I have spinal problems......stupid/stupid/stupid.
              Well, as "they" say: Live and learn. Glad you made it out alive, although sorry to hear about your spinal problems. I'll bet your car wasn't in great shape either...
              ------

Comment

Well, as "they" say: Live and learn. Glad you made it out alive, although sorry to hear about your spinal problems. I'll bet your car wasn't in great shape either...
                DOVE, Jav....D-O-V-E!
                "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X