Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey

If I won the lottery, and had 1 million dollars after taxes. I would;

1) Pay all debt, and thus own my house outright and be debt free.

2) I'd invite all friends and family who I planned to bump to a party. At the party, I would distribute matching amount gift checks to everyone. After they all had the check in their hands, I'd make a toast. After the cheers died down, I'd then announce "Now do not ask me for money ever again!"

3) I'd dress in old clothes, go to a family homeless shelter. I'd find a family that suited me, and I would then rent them a house for 1 year, give them a nominal amount of cash, set up the folks for some type of employment, make sure the kids got enrolled in school. I would set up another small fund they did not know about, to be given to them in 12 months, for a down payment on a home purchase. I would meet with them every month for the next year to help them plan and move forward.

4) I'd invest most of it, for financial stability.

5) I'd have a small portion for a fun/slush fund for PAINTER and FAMILY

6) I'd still have to work.

Deal is, nowadays a million don't go as far as years ago. This plan is toned down. If PAINTER won, say 15 million after taxes, the plan would be upsized. There would be funds invested, that would fund a foundation to help 2 or 3 homeless families a year, for many years to come. Single moms with 3 kids who had Pa run off. They would find help and job training and a future to work towords with PAINTERINC. With this larger sum, the foundation would be my new job. I would still work, but it would be buying rundown homes, fixing them up, and providing them to the foundation for purchase by the rehabilitated families. The fixing part would become fun, instead of work. It would provide jobs for some of the folks. It would be a place where young men could learn a trade.

The whole plan would grow and change, I'm sure.

And of course, if there were more dough, like scenario #2, there would be much more fun and travel for PAINTER and FAMILY.

7) would definitly see a purchase of acreage and equine activity. PAINTER would get himself a damn ranch. Buy horses at auction in the spring, ride 'em, train 'em, make good cutting horses out of 'em, sell 'em come the fall. In fact, few would hear much about PAINTERDAVE any more. The more obscure COWBOYDAVE would emerge right quick. I'd go out to my Uncle John's ranch on the western slope, and buy from him my Grandpa's brand, the Double Lazy Y. YessireeBob! I reckon a large sum of greenbacks would make a right sweet addition to my life.
    - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

if i had a mill. id pay off my car, have the sterio system touched up a bit. trick it out. get a nice house, and buy jives studio in orlando, id bet set.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NJBRONCOSFAN
        "Shyt, I'd tell you what i'd do...two chicks at the same time"

LOL! the neighbor from Office Space. "F'ckin' A man!"
        I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by EMCF
          I'd live comfortably. Modest house, a nice car or two. A dog. Nothing much, the financial security would be fine. Oh, I'd also do everything my power to make everyone I know jealous. (I've got to have some fun.)

You lucky dog, he said a million dollars! That would mean that you got $1,280,000 at today's exchange rate. Thats a bunch of horse pucky!
          I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

Comment

If I had a million dollars I would seize the opportunity to tell my current boss where to stick his head, maybe even pay a couple of Mediteranian gentleman (If you know what I mean ) to stick it there for him. I would go to college and study Psychology long enough to recieve a PHD and become a shrink.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
              "And I think if I had a million dollars I could hook that up too."
              ...cause chicks dig a dude with money."
              Peter Gibbons: Well, not all chicks.
              " Well the kind of chicks that'd double up on a dude like me do. "
              "Good point"

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

Originally posted by ABC-How to be a Millionaire

Tell me the truth sir, someone just bought it
                Say mr. whispers! here come the click of dice
                Roulette and blackjacks - gonna build us a paradise
                Larger than life and twice as ugly
                If we have to live there, you’ll have to drug me

Maybe these luxuries can only compensate
                For all the cards you were dealt at the hands of fate
                So tell me
                Tell me! tell me! how to be a millionaire
                Tell me! tell me! how to be a millionaire!

Millionaire! billionaire! trillionaire!
                Hardly surprising if you might consider
                Loyalties go to the highest of bidders
                What’s my opinion? I’d give you ten to one
                Give me a million, a franchise on fun
                But there are millions who often get nowhere
                And there’s just one secret I think you should share

Maybe these luxuries can only compensate
                For all the cards you were dealt at the hands of fate
                So tell me
                Tell me! tell me! how to be a millionaire
                Tell me! tell me! how to be a millionaire!

Who wants to be millionaire?
                I do! - I don’t! - I do!
                Who wants to be millionaire?
                I do! - I don’t!

I’ve seen the future
                I can’t afford it
                I think the last line says it all.

Comment

I'd pay off all my debt, buy a new house and new car, give my immediate family enough to pay off debt and hold them over for a bit, and take about 10 of my closest friends on a week long vacation, donate to charity...then invest the rest (half low risk, half high risk). I'd actually keep my same job to gain the needed accounting experience and the normal lifestyle. Otherwise all I'd do is workout and smoke bud everyday (wait, so what'd be different )

debt - @ $35,000
                  house - $200,000
                  car - $35,000
                  family - $200,000
                  vacation - $20,000
                  charity - $10,000 (probably end up being more over time)
                  invest - $500,000
                  My other love...
                  sigpic
                  305 HP / 273 TQ / SH-AWD / 6MT

Comment

Sell my house and buy a bigger one, get an Acura TL for me & A 4 Runner for my wife, put the rest in intrest-bearing accounts and do some traveling™
                    Last edited by urinal_cake; 03-03-2005, 02:23 PM.
                    This space for rent

Comment

Working...
                    X