Ala's Pub #6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ala's Pub #6

You discover that your wonderful one-year-old child is, because of a mixup at the hospital, not yours.

Would you want to exchange the child to correct the mistake?

Originally posted by Alastor
    You discover that your wonderful one-year-old child is, because of a mixup at the hospital, not yours.

Would you want to exchange the child to correct the mistake?

Good question Alastor. The only logical solution for me would be to contact the parents of my biological child. (Might I assume that I have theirs as well?) Then I would sanction a meeting with those folks and arrange for a straight-up trade. I would be sure to keep a relationship with my former child and provide a meduim for my biological child to interact with his/her former parents as well.
    I think that the settlement that we acquired from the Hospital would help pay for any future counseling as well as a lifetime of family fun at Chuck E Cheese's.
    I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by Big Bad John

Good question Alastor. The only logical solution for me would be to contact the parents of my biological child. (Might I assume that I have theirs as well?) Then I would sanction a meeting with those folks and arrange for a straight-up trade. I would be sure to keep a relationship with my former child and provide a meduim for my biological child to interact with his/her former parents as well.
      I think that the settlement that we acquired from the Hospital would help pay for any future counseling as well as a lifetime of family fun at Chuck E Cheese's.

Perfectly stated!
      ---IZAAK

Comment

I think i'd probably go a similar route as BBJ.

However, this question becomes infinitely more complex if this one year old is actually five or six...and has an understanding of 'mom' and 'dad'...has memories with his family.

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

Originally posted by zero1307
          Perfectly stated!

Why thank you Zero! Change your name to +1 for today!
          I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

Comment

Don't spoil my follow-up, NJ.

Comment

BBJis right.

Excpet, for a one year old, I would cut off all contact. It would make it too difficult to let go and build a relationship with your child.

An older child may understand and may need the contact.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
              You should check these guys out

Comment

I would probably force a trade. I mean, do you remember anything from when you were one year old? Just keep the whole deal on the DL.

Edit: And then I'd sue the hospital.
                My Broncomania Adopt-a-Bronco: Rod Smith

Elway stops, loads up, throws deep down the middle of the field and Rod Smith's got it!

America is like your team, and if your not gonna root for your team then get the hell outta the stadium.

Madden Online Record 109-90 (7-3 L10)

Comment

yeah, I'd want my biological child back. Even if they were older I'd still want them back, but if they were older I'd still keep in contact with the kid that lived with me for several years.

The earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens
                  Baha'u'llah

"Everyone takes turns making mistakes in poker. The trick is to skip your turn."
                  Mike Caro

"The all-in play works every time but once"

You can observe a lot just by watching.
                  Yogi Berra

every year.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosB2B
                    I would probably force a trade. I mean, do you remember anything from when you were one year old? Just keep the whole deal on the DL.

Edit: And then I'd sue the hospital.
                    I perfectly agree with this. I mean, at one year old, it doesn't seem like the child would remember, or grasp what was happening. And this would save tons of explaining and therapy later on in life if the child were to find out the hospital messed up and we have no idea who he or she belongs to.

I would want my real child back, I mean you'd think you'd notice that the baby sort of doesn't resemble either parent...

After or before all of that, I would sue the hospital for neglegence or improper care. If they're not paying attention, how many other children are growing up in the wrong home?
                    sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Well, okay... so what would you guys want to do if the mistake had gone undiscovered until your child was 4 years old?

Comment

Well, okay... so what would you guys want to do if the mistake had gone undiscovered until your child was 4 years old?
                        Keep the child I have and get mine back.

I'm greedy!

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                        You should check these guys out

Comment

Contact the other parents and discuss their preferences. I would like to think that a straight-up exchange could be made if both parties agreed and maintain a relationship with your former child and his/her newly wealthy parents. Spend one weekend on your yacht and the next on thiers.

Comment

...a relationship with your former child and his/her newly wealthy parents. Spend one weekend on your yacht and the next on thiers.
                            That's funny. It made me chuckle.

Comment

Both questions require def. knowing what my biological childs parents are like - At one - I would think we could trade - at 4 or 5 I still think its possible but there would need to be continuing interaction, IMO, dependent upon the other people, of course - I mean if they were freaks or crack heads or something I would want both kids

Although 4 and 5 is young, you tend to start to be able to remember tragic moments (I still remember them telling me my dad died and I was only 4) although it honestly doesnt have an emotional impact on me cause I have a great dad who raised me from the day my bio-dad died - so I was extremely blessed cause he not only raised me as his own he loves me even more than his bio-kids - LOL (family joke)

Comment

Working...
                              X