Ala's Pub #6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alastor
    Well, okay... so what would you guys want to do if the mistake had gone undiscovered until your child was 4 years old?
    I dont' think I could give this child up....nor do I believe I could take another child away from their family (even if it is biologically mine)...so long as that second child is well-taken care of (i.e.-parents not on crack, etc.)

After all, for four years, you would have cared for this child as if it was your own...you have shown it love and sacrificed much...If you found out this child wasn't really yours, would it change things? Would you think 'well, i dont want this child.' Everyday for four years you looked at this child and thoughts of happiness ran through your head...I think the memories created would be far greater than any truth you had found out along the way.

Same goes for the other family...so long as they had genuinely cared and loved for that child, they are it's parents...they've made the same sacrifices I would have for my (mistakenly-given) child and I just couldn't be the person to seperate them.

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

But what about things like, "My child is smarter" or "My child doesn't have this health problem, and cancer runs in the other child's family" and that sort of thing?

And then there's a matter of genes... if a kid grows up to be a pro football star or an astronaut... "That's my boy; sort of."

Awkward.

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor
        But what about things like, "My child is smarter" or "My child doesn't have this health problem, and cancer runs in the other child's family" and that sort of thing?

And then there's a matter of genes... if a kid grows up to be a pro football star or an astronaut... "That's my boy; sort of."

Awkward.
        I suppose, but I like to believe true love would see past that....and I would like to think my love for this child (whether it was mine or not) was true.

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

Working...
        X