Yet another CP thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another CP thread

What is it that makes you give someone CP's?

I have had threads were there is over 100 replies and still have recieved zero CP's for it. I was just wondering what it takes, in your view, for someone to get a CP from you.

This is not a plea for CP's, I simply want to know your opinion. (But I'll take any that I can get)
    ---IZAAK

Hey I cant complain - Im almost a bench warmer or is it practice squad - oh well its almost to the next step where I can post my pic (if I had one )

Comment

Originally posted by orangenblue420
      Hey I cant complain - Im almost a bench warmer or is it practice squad - oh well its almost to the next step where I can post my pic (if I had one )

That completely does not answer the question!
      ---IZAAK

Comment

Heres how I get mine

http://www.club3g.com/forum/images/s...brownnoser.gif

or

http://www.club3g.com/forum/images/smilies/ky.gif

whichever suits you best

Comment

Originally posted by orangenblue420
          So, I have to kiss your @ss or do what the other one showed?
          ---IZAAK

Comment

Well... honestly what will most likely get me to give someone points is if they disagree with me, but do it maturely; possibly a reaction to the idiocy I have met in some of the threads we've had.

The second biggest way is to make a succinct and potent statement that I agree with about something, or raise an issue that I didn't think of on my own.

The third best way can be defined as "Ye ole' guilt trip." This is the system by which one gives me points for something and signs their name, and I then feel compelled to reciprocate. Yes, I'm a softy underneath; Bite me.

This is also why I've stopped signing the ones I give out mostly - because I don't want to be guilting people into points. I want to EARN mah braggin' rights.

The fourth best way is to post a neat link. Like the mini-golf game, and some of the random stuff we see posted on here.

I don't generally do it for jokes, and I don't generally do it for those that just post everywhere in one-line remarks. I certainly don't do it if I think the person is a moron. Other than that though, I think I'm pretty loose with my standards.

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor
              Well... honestly what will most likely get me to give someone points is if they disagree with me, but do it maturely; possibly a reaction to the idiocy I have met in some of the threads we've had.

The second biggest way is to make a succinct and potent statement that I agree with about something, or raise an issue that I didn't think of on my own.

The third best way can be defined as "Ye ole' guilt trip." This is the system by which one gives me points for something and signs their name, and I then feel compelled to reciprocate. Yes, I'm a softy underneath; Bite me.

This is also why I've stopped signing the ones I give out mostly - because I don't want to be guilting people into points. I want to EARN mah braggin' rights.

The fourth best way is to post a neat link. Like the mini-golf game, and some of the random stuff we see posted on here.

I don't generally do it for jokes, and I don't generally do it for those that just post everywhere in one-line remarks. I certainly don't do it if I think the person is a moron. Other than that though, I think I'm pretty loose with my standards.

Awsome, thanks for the reply. I appreciate it!
              ---IZAAK

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor

Generally the same guidelines for me as well.

1) Engage in a good coversation with mature responses. Over 90% of the points I give out are by this means.

2) Post something cool that makes me laugh (but it's gotta be good, no points for a joke) or think of something in a way I've never thought about it before.

Comment

Simple, I do it for any post that I like.

I have been known to reward original thinking and interesting topics.

I don't usually reward people that just post news articles or links to games because any of us can go to a news or game website if we want to. If they make an insightfull or original comment of the news article than I may reward that but I won't for just putting the link up.

Bottom line though, I give em out for any post that I like.

Comment

Originally posted by zero1307

I have had threads were there is over 100 replies and still have recieved zero CP's for it. I was just wondering what it takes, in your view, for someone to get a CP from you.

This is not a plea for CP's, I simply want to know your opinion. (But I'll take any that I can get)
                    hey ive givin you points, i think. im almost a benchwarmer, i think even more
                    sigpic

Comment

I think people are a little reluctant to people who ask for it.

All kidding aside, it just depends on the post really.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
                      2. Taxes
                      3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

Originally posted by zero1307

I wouldn't worry about this too much. Out of all the members on the board (besides Mods and Admins) your in 18th place in Contributor Points. That's pretty good.

Comment

Not flaming, but the 2-3 word replies you post, and the constant crying about them, won't lure any more your way, imo......

Nor will constantly putting up threads.....in fact, that usually works in reverse.

Just participate in threads, speak your mind, and watch what happens.....
                          "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                          tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                          men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
                            Not flaming, but the 2-3 word replies you post, and the constant crying about them, won't lure any more your way, imo......
                            What are you talking about here? I think I'm feeling a little slow tonight. Are you saying I actually do this?
                            ---IZAAK

Comment

No i think he's talking about someone else with an unusually high CP Status for as little as he posts in a post

Comment

Working...
                              X