Help a Bronco Fan Out!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help a Bronco Fan Out!!

I am a loyal broncos fan from San Diego and I am looking to make a trip next season to first snowboard then watch the Chargers get beat. But since I am not from the area I was woudering if there was any resorts around that area, and if so how far away from invesco? I am tryint to put this trip together and this is the first place I am starting. Any help would be apreciated.

Hi and welcome Unfortunately I'm not living in Colorado right now, but I'm sure some folks here can help you out, good of you to plan ahead

Comment

Originally posted by djhspawn
      I am a loyal broncos fan from San Diego and I am looking to make a trip next season to first snowboard then watch the Chargers get beat. But since I am not from the area I was woudering if there was any resorts around that area, and if so how far away from invesco? I am tryint to put this trip together and this is the first place I am starting. Any help would be apreciated.
      Can you be more specific with what You want to do? I can help you out, but are you rlooking to stay in the mountains and drive to denver for the game? Or are you looking for a place around denver to stay? And what are some of your plans?
      R.I.P. Darrent Williams

R.I.P. Damien Nash

Comment

Well, Since I am going to be gone for a few days, I figured I'd post assuming your going to the mountains or staying in denver..

As for the mountains make SURE you do not drive up on a saturday morning, it will ruin your whole day snowboarding, the traffic is hoorible. Drive up on a friday MORNING or thursday night to beat traffic. As for cheap ski areas, arapahoe basin loveland valley are the cheapest and closest to denver. As for more expensive, aspen, vail, beaver creek, winter park, copper mountain. The expensives are a little further away from denver. 2 hours+ to expensives, 1 hour 30 mins to cheap ski areas.

As for staying in denver, around invesco field there is the red lion hotel, which you will probably need to book ahead of time. It is also very expensive during broncos games b/c it is so close to stadium. If not, you can find places on the east side of I-25 for much cheaper I assume. I would suggest getting a map from AAA if your a member. And If you are driving back from the mountains, give yourself plenty of time because you may get stuck in traffic and not want to miss the game. (this has happened to me). As for fun things to do, I'm not really sure.. we have a lot of wierd crap downtown. I don't really do much touristy stuff tho. IMO denver sucks for touristy things. The skiing and snowboarding kicks azz tho.

hope this helps a lil.

Lou.
        R.I.P. Darrent Williams

R.I.P. Damien Nash

Comment

There is plenty of resorts out in the mountains...Copper Mountain is a hot spot, Keystone is also popular, Breckinridge, Vail...theres plenty

http://www.resortsandlodges.com/lodg...ado/index.html

heres something that should help you..i hope you have fun and be safe

Comment

Working...
          X