Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Constructive criticism

Here's an interesting little game that I came up with. These are the rules:

1.) Whomever answers the first post must provide some "Constructive criticism" to me. Find and articulate a method of identifying 1 flaw that (in your honest opinion) I have.

2.) This is not a Smack thread. Please be kind and consider the words that you use.

3.) If you cannot find a nice way to say your piece, save it please!

4.) Once you post, you will become the subject of evaluation.

5.) The last poster will always become the subject of evaluation.

6.) Do not post about a member who is not involved in this thread.

7.) If this gets out of hand, I will remove this thread.

8.) Please understand that once you post, things will then be posted about you, even if you post in reply; By posting last you leave yourself open.

I thought it would be a good exercise in self-effacement.
    Last edited by Johnny Law Man; 03-05-2005, 08:48 AM.
    I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

You tend to be a little more firm/ stubborn in your views, then some here. At the same time, it is good that you are, but even when I think you are wrong, you think your right. I guess it just comes down to who ever is really right.
    ---IZAAK

Comment

Originally posted by EMCF-2
      Well, I am really nit-picking here. But you are almost too agreeable at times. I'd like to see you just flat-out explode at someone sometime, you can't agree with everyone. Heh, that's the best I can do. Shouldn't be hard for someone to find a fault for me though.

EMCF, I feel that at times you don't really think about what you say before you say it. Maybe why we are banned? (Temporarily)
      I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by zero1307
        You tend to be a little more firm/ stubborn in your views, then some here. At the same time, it is good that you are, but even when I think you are wrong, you think your right. I guess it just comes down to who ever is really right.

I tend to "Stick to my guns" ( Jovi) until I am disarmed with undeniable truth. You'll get no argument from me, thanks for the input!

Comment

EMCF you tend to take things too seriously and tend to get into TOO MANY arguements

Comment

im sorry my brain isnt working today...what does patronize mean?

Comment

Please rememeber that when you post, you also leave yourself open, as I just did.

Patronize - treat with condescension

Condescend - act haughtily

Haughty - disdainfully proud

Disdain - feeling of dislike

He is implying that you treat people like your doing them a favor by addressing them because you believe that you are better.

As for EMCF, I think that sometimes you lower your intelligence level to argue a point. (A compliment of sorts)

Comment

BBJ, while firm in your beliefs which are also well grounded in my view - you are reluctant to lay down the harsher tones that are sometimes needed in the interest of intellectual integrity and true persuasive argument.

In other words, you're too interested in everyone loving you - to the point where even when you see someone behaving like an idiot you won't call them out, even if they're doing it directly to you. You... "dodge" the confrontation. Not always a bad thing, but sometimes it costs you opportunities to sell your points or drive them home if that makes sense.

You're too worried about how others feel about you I think. Of course... some might argue I need to care more too - so everything is relative.

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor
                  BBJ, while firm in your beliefs which are also well grounded in my view - you are reluctant to lay down the harsher tones that are sometimes needed in the interest of intellectual integrity and true persuasive argument.

In other words, you're too interested in everyone loving you - to the point where even when you see someone behaving like an idiot you won't call them out, even if they're doing it directly to you. You... "dodge" the confrontation. Not always a bad thing, but sometimes it costs you opportunities to sell your points or drive them home if that makes sense.

You're too worried about how others feel about you I think. Of course... some might argue I need to care more too - so everything is relative.
                  i too try to make everyone happy and i care about what other people think of me but i also lash out if i see some idiotcy

now the only flaw that i can muster about you Alastor is that you post very good posts but you need to post a lil more football sometimes, not saying your posts in ABF are bad just that we're here to talk football...i hope you see what im saying

Comment

This one doesn't count (for the game). I'm hijacking for a second. Ya'll had your shot, BBJ beat you to it.

now the only flaw that i can muster about you Alastor is that you post very good posts but you need to post a lil more football sometimes, not saying your posts in ABF are bad just that we're here to talk football...i hope you see what im saying.
                    I feel ya. I have three truly in-depth threads I wanted to start, but for reasons that would bore you, I haven't. But yeah, I'm feelin' ya.

Comment

I'm not up on politics or anything so it would probably would...ok that ends the hijacking so back to the game

Comment

Originally posted by West
                        I'm not up on politics or anything so it would probably would...ok that ends the hijacking so back to the game

I criticize you again West for showing this exquisite peice of tail on your sig with beautiful cleavage and not telling us her name. Somebody hit me again.....

Comment

Originally posted by Big Bad John

I criticize you again West for showing this exquisite peice of tail on your sig with beautiful cleavage and not telling us her name. Somebody hit me again.....
                          well youv got to take some criticism for your obvious objectification of women. "Piece of Tail"? come on man
                          Superintendent Chalmers: "Thank the Lord"? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer in a public school. God has no place within these walls, just like facts don't have a place within an organized religion."

Comment

Originally posted by chickennob2
                            well youv got to take some criticism for your obvious objectification of women. "Piece of Tail"? come on man

Point well taken Chickennob2; I'll save that little piece of growing up for when I'm retired. Besides it is obvious that the picture was presented in a way that was meant to objectify her. I'm sure that the pay-day helped her with the grief associated with selling out her sisters.

Chcikennob, some times you present yourself to be aloof.

Comment

I critize you for not knowing that its....wait for it..................BEYONCE! i think that means i get a CS point from BBJ and 'Nob

Comment

Working...
                              X