Ala's Pub #7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ala's Pub #7

Do you think the world will be a better or worse place 100 years from now? Why?

Well, i personally don't feel there will be any human life on earth in 100 years.

Whether that's a good or bad thing probably depends on who you ask lol.

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

I hope the world will be not much different that it is today, but I think it'll be much different. I think because of so many possibilities, not only natural disasters, but human disasters could change the climate drasticly.

The earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens
      Baha'u'llah

"Everyone takes turns making mistakes in poker. The trick is to skip your turn."
      Mike Caro

"The all-in play works every time but once"

You can observe a lot just by watching.
      Yogi Berra

every year.

Comment

I believe that humans will still be around in 100 years. I'm sure that the people in the first few centuries after the birth of Christ, thought the same thing and as the people 100 years before them most likely did too and so. We humans are capable of almost anything, even surviving nuclear attacks, natural disaster etc... Now is there going to be as many of us as there is today? I'm not sure, but we will be here. Count on it.
        ---IZAAK

Comment

Worse.

I think humanity will hit rock bottom in about 100-150 years. Then after billions of people die in a major world conflict, we will put our differences aside and work on improving ourselves. The pursuit of wealth and power will no longer be the driving force of our exsistance.

At least that's what they tell me on Star Trek.

Comment

Originally posted by EMCF-2
            In 100 years you'll all bow to EMCF, just you wait.

I hope not, you'll be one old mofo by then.
            ---IZAAK

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor

Better is a relative term.

In some ways, we will progress, but I am sure in someways, to us, it will seem like things have gotten worse.

Sort of like there are people who swear up and down about the 'good old days', when life was slower, yet they have cell phones and high speed internet to talk to their children or grandchildren whenever they want.....

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
              You should check these guys out

Comment

Well, I'd say I'm not sure about better or worse...but technology continues to advance, etc, but I don't think it will be MUCH different.

If you asked someone this question in 1905 they probably would have come up with all sorts of outrageous ideas (ie, all of those "futuristic movies" etc).

I think things will look a little different and if anything be more populated unless something drastic happens. As for the better or worse thing. It's hard to say because are things better or worse today than they were in 1905? That may depend on who you ask. Technology has advanced with great strides in that time, but in a way it has also complicated life. We spend half of our days stuck in traffic or talking on cell phones or watching television when we could have a much better quality of life, and work ethic etc...

In the end it will just be interesting to see what things will be like...however I don't even know why I'm answering because I won't be here in a hundred years so it doesn't matter. However for my children I hope it is not a terrible world for them to live in.
                sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

I have to think that it will be worse. There are too many factors working against world peace at this point without any sign of let-up. Nuclear proliferation, religious zealotry, disease, over-population, greed, racism. (Just to name a few) As a Christian I also believe that Christ's return will come in my lifetime, which means armegeddon.
                  Hopefully, I will be in a better place in 100 years, and for the sake of my grandchildren I sincerely hope that I am wrong and the world exists and is a wonderful place to conduct life.
                  I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

Comment

Worse. I am sure that technology will solve a lot of problems, so in ways it will seem better. But I do not underestimate man's depravity. Our society has gotten worse in the last 100 years. There is no reason to believe that this will change in the next hundred years.
                    Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

How has society gotten worse in the last 100 years?

Comment

I believe that he is speaking from a moral point of view. He just forgot the IMO, that's all.
                        I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

Comment

I understood that. I'd like to hear those views. I appreciate the cover though. When I am indeed off-base, it's nice to know there are folks that will keep my ship a-righted.

Comment

I understood that. I'd like to hear those views. I appreciate the cover though. When I am indeed off-base, it's nice to know there are folks that will keep my ship a-righted.

I can't believe that he forgot the IMO. Was he trying to put the board in total uproar? IMO, he should know better than that as a Christian in this forum.

Comment

???

We live longer, and in general, have much less workload on our bodies, and this despite higher levels of pollution.

Of course, we are fatter nwo too.

So everything is atrade off.

But I wouldn't say soceity is worse than 100 years ago.

100 years ago:

A black person was considered a person for population purposes, but could not vote or do a lot that whites could.

All non-white males were second class citizens.

Women couldn't vote.

In many places, women legally couldn't work once they got married.

Women couldn't divorce a man, no matter how abusive or philandering, but a man could divorce a woman.

In some places, nothing was open at all on Sundays or after 4pm. So if you had an emergency, too bad. Not that it mattered, since you didn't have a phone to tell anyone you had an emergency.

So please tell me how society has gotten worse in the last 100 years?

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                              You should check these guys out

Comment

Working...
                              X