Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very important question...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Very important question...

    What is the ideal breakfast food?

    Oatmeal? Lucky Charms? Cream of Wheat? Budweiser? Eggs? French Toast? Flap-jacks? (Pancakes) Grits? Greens? Cold-pizza?

    When I used to work on a dairy farm about 10 years ago. (A far better choice than college, I might add ) I used to eat the same breakfast as my boss, the farmer.
    We ate 3 eggs prepared any way that you prefer by his wife Virginia, 2 slices of wheat toast, bacon or sausage, a bowl of corn flakes with raisins added, a glass of Orange juice and a couple of cups of coffee. I have yet to find a rival to that breakfast.
    There should be some interesting responses because of regional traditions.
    I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

  • #2
    It used to be a Mt Dew and a ciggarette but not that I quit smoking, it's just a Mt Dew.

    Comment


    • #3
      I like pretty standard stuff...either toast or pancakes with two sunny-side up eggs....some bacon or sausage, and some home fries...home fries are key...to dirnk, either o.j, but preferably chocolate milk.

      "The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

      Comment


      • #4
        Depends on the day. I love french toast...mmm

        But for cereal (which is what I eat the most) it's Golden Grahams
        sigpic

        DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

        Comment


        • #5
          step 1: go to waffle house (this can be done at home as well)

          step 2: order double or triple order of hash browns (single orders are for pansies)

          step 3: order 1 or 2 eggs over light.

          (edit) step 4: enjoy watery coffee until your order is up while avoiding the everpresent 1-2 black/brown specks in the coffee cup . . . lets just assume those are coffee grains.

          step 5: mix said hashbrowns and eggs until yolk is equally distributed.

          step 6: cover in ketchup

          step 7: experience breakfast excellence
          Last edited by mattos; 03-08-2005, 10:22 AM.
          sigpic
          go broncos
          share the sidewalk
          liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by RealBronco
            Depends on the day. I love french toast...mmm

            But for cereal (which is what I eat the most) it's Golden Grahams

            I would have to go with RealBronco french toast is the best and cereal, except I love Lucky Charms!
            ---IZAAK

            Comment


            • #7
              My mom makes the best breakfast - two eggs, sunnyside up, bacon, grits and homemade biscuits and gravy. Now that's a good southern breakfast!
              Broncos Girl for Life

              Comment


              • #8
                If ever there was a close rival to the afforementioned late-morning feast, I would have to say Diner pancakes, slathered in butter and maple syrup..and bacon, thank God for bacon! I'm not talkin' about bacon where after it has been cooked there are still ditinguishing characteristics like whiteness of fat...If you cook it on low heat for an extra 5 minutes it becomes (the modern day version of "manna" as the lord presented to the Isrealites when they were starving) crisp entirely and melts into this thick bacon flavored liquid, the very second that it touches your tongue. That's what I'm talkin' about!
                I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

                Comment


                • #9
                  I have to agree with you Big Bad John. Bacon is the best and the way you described it . . . YUMMY!!!!!
                  Broncos Girl for Life

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    2 words....

                    Swedish Crepes! Mmmmmmmmmm....

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Big Bad John
                      If ever there was a close rival to the afforementioned late-morning feast, I would have to say Diner pancakes, slathered in butter and maple syrup..and bacon, thank God for bacon! I'm not talkin' about bacon where after it has been cooked there are still ditinguishing characteristics like whiteness of fat...If you cook it on low heat for an extra 5 minutes it becomes (the modern day version of "manna" as the lord presented to the Isrealites when they were starving) crisp entirely and melts into this thick bacon flavored liquid, the very second that it touches your tongue. That's what I'm talkin' about!

                      As Emeril says...

                      It's all about the pork fat, baby."

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Buckwheat vanilla pancakes, topped with butter, raspberry sauce and powdered sugar.

                        On the side, 2 eggs over easy

                        two slices of toast, preferaby sourdough (english muffins are a good substitute)

                        4-6 slices of either pepper or maple bacon

                        water

                        Good, strong, Spanish coffee, cream, no sugar

                        OJ or cranberry juice.

                        1/2 flute of champagne to pour the juice into (for a nice, Euro style mimosa).


                        Repeat as needed until satisfied.

                        For Sunday brunch, simply substitute the bacon with ham or roast beef, and have omelettes to order.


                        However, on most days, a box of Fruity Pebbles will suffice. The only non-negotiable thing is the the coffee. It has to be fresh, hot, and strong.

                        Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

                        The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                        You should check these guys out

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          depends on who's cooking

                          me: 2 eggs over medium, 2 pieces of toast, orange juice
                          my brother: chocolate pancakes with chocolate chips in them and chocolate spray cream on top and chocolate milk...ever have one of those days?
                          my mom: biscuits and gravy, bacon, scrambled eggs, orange juice
                          my dad: ham and cheese omelet (look guys, i cant spell omelet..you know what im talking about tho) and orange juice

                          or of course,most times it ends up i'm lazy and so is everyone else in my house, so i have a bagel or some fruity pebbles, or just a banana im living life on the edge..lol

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Big Bad John
                            What is the ideal breakfast food?

                            Oatmeal? Lucky Charms? Cream of Wheat? Budweiser? Eggs? French Toast? Flap-jacks? (Pancakes) Grits? Greens? Cold-pizza?

                            When I used to work on a dairy farm about 10 years ago. (A far better choice than college, I might add ) I used to eat the same breakfast as my boss, the farmer.
                            We ate 3 eggs prepared any way that you prefer by his wife Virginia, 2 slices of wheat toast, bacon or sausage, a bowl of corn flakes with raisins added, a glass of Orange juice and a couple of cups of coffee. I have yet to find a rival to that breakfast.
                            There should be some interesting responses because of regional traditions.
                            me, i prefer an omlet w/ bacon, ham, tomatoes, mushrooms, and plenty of cheese. only you cant buy the best ones, because i make em muahahahahaha
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by The Dark Knight
                              It used to be a Mt Dew and a ciggarette but not that I quit smoking, it's just a Mt Dew.
                              Damn TDK! Me too!
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X