• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JWinn
    Your the only one who doesnt sign his points. lol
    Really?

How do you know that?

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
    You should check these guys out

Comment

At least of those who point me. Everyone else signs them.

I was wondering who was giving me two points per hit without signing them. Now I know who at least one the people is.

Why does everyone sign their points? Isn't that redundant?

Comment

THAT, I cant answer. I used to not sign them, and then read in some thread why people do it and saw that they were doing it for me. So I figured I would too. It is kind of nice to see who is giving them sometimes. Maybe they want one in return? Maybe they just want you to know who it was? I cant say for anyone else, but I sign them now, just so people know it was I who liked their post.

I know, it defeats the anonimity of it, but it would appear most dont really care about that. Not all, but most of the ones I get.

Anyway, I believe you did it again! In answer, I really just want to see if there is any change in anything if I were to receive a negative hit. It doesnt really matter to me that much. If things stay the way they are, I'll get the benefits of the higher ratings soon enough. I'm in no hurry.

Anyway, back to road rage...........

I really try not to pay attention to other drivers out there. I try to mind my own business and see that my driving isnt offensive to others. The phone can come in handy for one big reason, & thats to report people who should NOT be out on the road.

One example. I always wait just a second or two at an intersection when I am in the lead when the light turns green. Of course, this only applies in heavy traffic when you cant see everyone. But once I saw this lady next to me go when the light turned green and not make it half way thru the intersection before some idiot ran his red and broadsided here, killing her and almost himself. It was the first (and only) time I had seen someone die right in front of me! Something I will never forget, sort of similar to your experience.

People need to slow down and realize they affect everyone around them with their actions. When you see someone do something, report it if you can, but never, never react. When you do, YOU are the one who is responsible for road rage, not the person who made you angry to begin with!! He or she may be trying to kill him or herself, but they dont need any help from you or me!

Wait, no, you don't understand, I didn't know you guys had anonymous viewers. Mine is not anonymous. I was unaware of that. I thought you could all see who left you what. That's why I never sign.
        And no, I haven't hit you up again recently, pos or neg. I am going to try a neg on you again though, because I handed out some pos yesterday and today.

And I say if its green go, someone hits you, too bad for them, I'll see them in court or jail. I got flipped off in SD and Atlanta for NOT running red lights..... They have that understood 3 second rule, but when you are new or from out of town..........

You must spread some Contributor Status around before giving it to JWinn again.

Comment

Hmmm. I learn something new here everyday. lol. You can SEE who leaves you points anyway? COOL! We cant. I thought you knew that. I was wondering why you thought that was redundant. I understand now.

As for just going on a green light in traffic, be careful bud. You may not make it to court or jail. That lady went striaght to the morgue. He hit her right in her door. I stopped to help, but there was nothing to be done. I froze when I saw that she was gone. He was probably going about 50 or 60. Trust me here, you dont want to see if you can make it.

Anyway, Hit me brother!!
          I don't understand why you would have a signal if traffic is light enough that you can get up to 50 or 60 in the first place. That meant no one was in front of him

I'd rather be right and dead, than give into some jackass breaking the law.

Comment

I wont ever understand what happened either. It was HEAVY traffic at rush hour! I guess his lane was open. He was really flying.

I would rather not be dead and right. Id prefer to let someone else do that and that was my point so long ago, lol.

Let the people with no concern for others kill themselves and those around them not paying attention. Id prefer to get home to my family.

I bet your daughter would rather have you home than bury you and say, "Well, he was right though" Sounds like a pretty crappy consolation prize to me.........
            I have to be me. I am a stubborn fool. I just believe that if the light is green, I go. I beleive that if I am doing 75 and passing people pretty quickly, the guy behind me can wait until I get a traffic break to merge right.

I just am really anal about principles, even about little things. Its hard to deny your true nature. People can literally go insane doing that.

Comment

Funny story

Back when I used to work on the Tower crew, we wuold drive all over the northeast in our work trucks. We were road warriors.
              One time while coming home from an Albany job, I was driving, a co-worker named Dave was sitting in the passenger seat and our supervisor was catching some Z's in the back. Dave was a surly, heavy M******* (From Massachusetts and an ***hole)
              We were coming up on a rival companies work truck in the right lane. We discussed our plans. Just as I pulled up along side of the rival companies truck I beeped the horn. Dave had his big ol' keyster up on the window giving them what M*******s call a "pressed ham". I almost pee'ed myself I was laughing so hard.
              I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
                In California, they allow motorcyles to ride in bwtween teh lanes during times of slow or non-moving traffic. Some appreantly think that this applys to all speeds, all of teh time.

You have not been scared until a motorcyle that was not behind you mysteriously shoots out of your blind spot on the right in between you and the person you are passing at 75 mph, only to cut in front of your bumper by about 3 inches while leaning with his knee 6 incher from the road in order to pass.

I thought for sure he was going to crash. My heart was in my throat.

Why the rush dude? You couldn't wait 3 extra seconds for me to finish my pass? And where did you come from anyway, the far right lane? Because he sure as hell wasn't behind me.

But the craziest hing I ever saw was not even something I could get mad at. It important to note that this stretch of highway has a left hand shoulder. About 6 weeks ago, whilst driving CA-101 southbound into LA, going up the mountain that seperates me from LA County near Thousand Oaks, I was trying to get up the 9% grade hill, but like most vehicles, my car couldn't accelerate unless I downshifted. So as I laid on the clutch in order to do so, my speed drops maybe 1 or 2 MPH. I can't get over to the right because there is a truck there. I am trying to pass the truck to allow the jerk tailgating me to pass me. Well, jerk couldn't wait. He dropped speed, and suddenly disappeared behind the truck. I figure he went to the FAR right lane and would pass over there. Not a good idea, but hey, whatever. The truck shouldn't be in the middle lane anyway, but I can't see if he has traffic over on his right. I downshift and accelerate, because I know I shouldn't be in the left lane at 60 mph in a 65, even if it is up a massive hill. I start to gain some speed in 4th, and am just about at 70 or so, and quickly passing the truck, when the guy who was behind me suddenly darts out from in front of the truck. I don't know if he cut it too close and got bumped by the rig, or was going too fast, but he got into my lane and kept drifting left. He hit the divider full speed......I don't even remember thinking about it, but I could see the truck's headlights in my rearview so I just swerved right and prayed. I heard the sound of gravel hitting my windshield and window, only it was glass fragments......but then it stopped. My daughter is crying at this sudden movement. I keep driving, pissed off...until I look back and see the car on it's roof in the lane. Then I kept driving, kinda freaked out about what would have happened if I hadn't kept trying to pass the truck, or had been unable to swerve.

In the paper it said he was dead at the scene. Guess that's what you get for being a tailgating jackass.

I keep expecting to have a cop come and say that someone saw my car at the scence, but the paper said the guy was high on drugs, so I don't think I did anything at fault to cause the accident. He was a jerk who couldn't wait while I downshifted. I would have merged right once I passed teh 18 wheeler.

You should see my hood...all these chips of paint are gone.
                I believe that is what they call "cleaning the gene pool". You were in the right in my opinion. If people can't wait a few seconds for someone to finish a pass, they are headed for an early death anyways from all the stress they will undoubtedly have in their lifetime.

Comment

Stupid drivers angry me some much that murder goes through my head from time to time!
                  ---IZAAK

Comment

Working...
                  X