Minnesota school shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota school shooting

Sad, sad news. It seems like it never stops.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...chool_shooting

I caught this story as soon as I got home today. They strange thing I thought was on an Indian Reservation.

Another example of kids/teenagers desperate, lost, confused, who knows. Truly another sad event. I have always wondered if more kids would attempt to beat the Littleton "record" if you want to call it that.

But, I have no idea yet what the motivational factor was here or if it was just a desperate cry for help, a disgusting display of anger or just a plain act of terrorism?
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

There are days like this when I feel that we should just repeal the 2nd amendment.

Radical, I know, but that's just how I feel sometimes.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
      You should check these guys out

Comment

That sucks for me (and them of course), since I am a substitute teacher.

It's too bad that people have to resort to killing each other. Especially at that age, what could have possibly been so important? Girlfriend trouble, bullies etc.. None of it is worth killing each other over.
        ---IZAAK

Comment

Aye, not far from here. Didn't the coward shoot himself?

They call it an amendment for a reason folks, you people need to make changes.

Comment

Originally posted by EMCF

It will never happen.

I have no opinion on guns either way, other than I will never own one and they make me perosnly uncomfortable.

But I tire of all the rhetoric on 'gun-control' from both sides of the issue. In my mind, no liberal political figure is serious about true gun control until they at east mention the 2nd amendment. I am not saying I would agree, but at least you would know that someone was really serious.

On the flip side, no true conservative is serious about being pro-gun ownership until they at least suggest getting rid of all federal gun control laws. Why you ask? First of all, it should be state issue. The Constitution only guarantees the right to have them, not under what conditions. Secondly, because the overwhelming problem in the US is not legally owned guns, but the black market. Never hear anyone mention the illegal gun trade, now do you? Ergo, arguing over what laws to create is stupid. Arrest the cops who sell confiscated guns for federal crimes, and THEN I'll take you seriously.

They are all just looking to get re-elected, not do any real work on this issue.

My brother in law, who lives in Europe, tells me that because of our gun laws, there is a misconception that we all carry guns and there are shootouts everywhere. That's a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by Jared

My brother in law, who lives in Europe, tells me that because of our gun laws, there is a misconception that we all carry guns and there are shootouts everywhere. That's a shame.
              Oh, I know that for sure. Yet the last time there was a school shooting up here in involved several water pistols. We still hunt, I know many people who own guns, yet our gun related crimes are much lower per capita.

Comment

Oh, I know that for sure. Yet the last time there was a school shooting up here in involved several water pistols. We still hunt, I know many people who own guns, yet our gun related crimes are much lower per capita.

You know what for sure that we all carry guns and have shootouts everywhere? That's not true at all. I personally have never even seen a gun except on a police officer.

You have less crimes per capita because you probably have less handguns per capita. They are the biggest offender in gun related crimes. It harder to hide a shotgun or rifle, although, that still happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
                  You know what for sure that we all carry guns and have shootouts everywhere? That's not true at all. I personally have never even seen a gun except on a police officer.

You have less crimes per capita because you probably have less handguns per capita. They are the biggest offender in gun related crimes. It harder to hide a shotgun or rifle, although, that still happens.
                  I meant to say I know for sure that you don't all carry guns...

Comment

you guys catch that story on 60 minutes sunday about the albanian american who bought over 200 50 caliber rifles in america and shipped them to kosovo rebels? its just too easy.
                    Superintendent Chalmers: "Thank the Lord"? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer in a public school. God has no place within these walls, just like facts don't have a place within an organized religion."

Comment

Repealing the second amendment would not have any effect in this case. The cop (grandfather) this kid got them from would still have had them.

Comment

Originally posted by Perry1977
                        Repealing the second amendment would not have any effect in this case. The cop (grandfather) this kid got them from would still have had them.
                        True that.

I was just saying that as an example of how ridiculous politicians are. I am not espousing a repeal. Just saying that anyone who really cared about getting rid of guns, and not re-election, would at least enter it into discussion.

Which means it will never happen.

Comment

No, were fine. It's a risk I'm willing to deal with. I think parents need to raise their kids better. That's the real problem. This kid was screwed in the head. Getting rid of most are guns may cause more harm then good.

Two of the reasons we never get invaded is we have huge natural borders (two giant oceans is a logistical nightmare) AND that we're the most heavily armed country in the world.

Troops from a foreign country would face nearly 300 million citizens that already have their own guns.

No country wants to face that.

Comment

what is this world coming to?

Comment

Originally posted by Bulldawg
                              what is this world coming to?
                              Don't worry, it'll be gone in about 4-1/2 billion years.

Comment

Working...
                              X