No announcement yet.

What were/are you like in high school?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What were/are you like in high school?

I hung out with stoners, had friends who were nerds, goths, geeks and preps but fit in best with the jocks. I was not a true jock in the sense that I smoked cigarettes. I was voted the class clown. I was also voted the most likely to start a full-scale riot by flaring his left nostril.
    I pretty much got along with everybody, except for the Preps. These were the rich, student government type. I was suspended 3 times, all in-school suspensions which were kind of nice because you could finish the work that you have been meaning to.
    My grades were crap, because I did absolutely zero homework and fooled around in class. I always tested great though.
    What were/are you like in high school?
    I was a Jock (Heavy into sports)
    33.33%
    I was a Prep (Well dressed ans snooty)
    0.00%
    I was a stoner
    4.76%
    I was a nerd (Good grades, picked on)
    4.76%
    I was a geek (Picked on, no grades)
    0.00%
    Goth/Head-banger (Dressed in black, strange hair-do's)
    9.52%
    I was rarely in school
    4.76%
    I was home-schooled
    0.00%
    OTHER
    42.86%
    I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

well....i lived in a very affluent area....so, there were the jocks/preps, (one in the same), the dirt (haha, that's what we called them!) and everyone in between...I was in between, definitely got along with most people....I played baseball so i was friends with some of the jocks ,i got really really good grades, up until i got my license...then it went all down hill...I had a bit of a transformation..senoir year i i was in all honors and a.p courses, but i was skipping class all the time...I did nothing senior year!
    I never smoked cigs in high school, nor did i ever try pot in high school.

If i went back to high school now, that would be interesting...i'm very very preppy, not THAT snotty, but i'm a stoner.
    Last edited by NJBRONCOSFAN; 03-22-2005, 05:48 AM.

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

I was in the background most of the time making fun of everyone from the populars to the dregs. Much like I do on this board.

I wore big glasses with Public Enemy T-shirt's and got suspended often for fighting and cursing at the teachers.

I got decent grades and never studied. I never had to. I've always been able to pick things up quick and bull**** my way through the rest.

I was physically fit. I broke the record for pullups in my school(56). I didn't weigh much and I was strong like Spider-Man. I worked out alot. I liked the fact that I looked like a nerd but I wore tight t-shirts to show off my body. I thought that was cool.

Eh, that's all for now.

Comment

come on benny....public enemy or bugle boy?

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

Originally posted by NJBRONCOSFAN
          come on benny....public enemy or bugle boy?

No, I had Z-cavs and Guess jeans!

Comment

I was kind of a "Jekyll and Hyde" character getting good grades but always getting into trouble for talking too much and being cheeky. By the time I was 14 it got so bad I wasn't even allowed to some lessons such as Religious Education. I was "sent out" even before the lesson began. I think the teacher figured why bother wait for this "silly girl" to mess up just get rid of her before she get's a chance.
            I enjoyed sports especially netball. Being a foot or so taller than the other girls it was quite easy for me. i just had to stand there like a tower and block their shots. The only problem was I kept getting sent off all the time for messing around and foul play!
            Aged 14 onwards we used to sneak out of school lunchtime and go downtown to smoke ciggies. We thought we were really really hard!
            Anyway nowadays after qualifying as a teacher myself I feel sorry for those poor souls who had to put up with us day by day. Come to think of it - the way things are going - if I'd been in School right now instead of twenty years ago I think I'd have been considered quite a well behaved student.

Comment

I was a Manson follower! How naive I was at that age. I wear black clothing, nail polish, that's right, nail polish (only black). I never did the make up thing though, I wasn't that stupid. I loved it though, fun times!!!
              ---IZAAK

Comment

By 11 grade, I switched from gothic towards druggy stoner slightly hippie type.
                ---IZAAK

Comment

I was friends with most everyone except the preps and smart guys.
                  I wasn't really a jock. Played baseball is all.
                  My wardrobe consisted of t-shirts, hooded sweatshirts, baggy jeans, gym shoes and Timberlands. Guess that rules out preppy.
                  Never smoked weed or did any drugs. Dealt a little, but that was about it.
                  Was picked on twice. The first time the dude wouldn't fight me. The second prick whipped my ass. Never picked on me again though.
                  And I my overall was 2.25 GPA when I graduated.
                  I got suspended once (for that fight). Had in school suspension twice (both for skipping). And I spent six straight weeks in detention for multiple minor offenses.

Comment

I had a mullet for a hairdo. I wore Metallica shirts and tore-up jeans. I just saw a picture of myself at my mom's over the weekend. I had the little darkness over my upper-lip that I hoped would be a moustache some day. That was definately my ugly phase. My wife, kids and I had our family pictures taken a while back. We gave my mother an 8 x 11. While my wife had her distracted in the dinig room, I slid the new picture into the frame over the old picture of me with my mullet and cheesey moustache. After a few days, mom called me and asked me where I put the old picture. I told her that I should have burnt it, but it was located behind the family photo.
                    Do you believe that my High School principal is writing me a letter of recommendation for Police work. I guess as bad as I was, I was never truly evil.
                    I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

Comment

I was little guy. Barley 5ft and hardly 90 lbs. I wrestled but hated the other wrestlers, and played football my sophmore year, but only to help me with wrestling. I smoked pot, and tried a variety of other drugs too. Only got in one fight and beat the guys ass good. He made the mistake of grabbing one of my sisters on her ass while we were in school. I pummeled him, and from then on I was left alone. I did get suspended for it, but my folks never said a word. I got decent grades graduating with a 3.2 GPA but only cause I took what was required, nothing AP or college prep. I joined the Army delayed entry program my senior year and left for basic training weeks after graduating and days after losing my virginity to my best friends older sister..

Comment

i hit high school at the height of the grunge scene. that's what i would have fell under i guess - except i was alot different than the standard grunge kid i suppose - christian, liked my parents, etc.
                        sigpic
                        go broncos
                        share the sidewalk
                        liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

I don't know, just a dude.
                          sigpic

Comment

High School eh! Fun times. Got along pretty well with everyone, played a lot of sports till my junior year when I discovered good old MJ and beer. Got booted halfway thru my senior year and spent the next decade enjoying good old MJ and beer.

Eventually grew up (smartened up) got me a education and a real job.

In hindsite if I'd of been smarter and finished high school at 18 i'd have ten more years of retirement savings, on the flip side I wouldn't have the ten years of ass kicking life experience I collected.
                            Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Why does this matter? It's still good to know we have people who feel the need to "label" -- pathetic.

Comment

Working...
                              X