Could you pass this test?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could you pass this test?

These are the guidelines for the Physical Agility test that I will be taking on Saturday morning to qualify for my Police Officer job. You get 1 minute to do the sit-ups with someone holding your feet. Hands behind your head, fingers interlaced. You must touch your elbows to your knees and come back down for 1 complete sit-up. They will not count the sit-up if form is broken in any way.
    The push-ups are not a timed exercise. Your back must remain straight and unpiked and your knees cannot touch the ground. A fist is placed below your chest and you must come down onto it and go back up locking out your elbows

AGE/SEX..........................SIT-UP.....................PUSH-UP.................1.5MILE RUN
    MALE
    20-29.....................................38......... .....................29........................... .12:29
    30-39.....................................35......... .....................24........................... .12:53
    40-49.....................................29......... .....................18........................... .13:50
    50-59.....................................24......... .....................13........................... .15:14
    60+........................................19..... .........................10....................... .....17:19

FEMALE

20-29.....................................32......... .....................15........................... .15:05
    30-39.....................................25......... .....................11........................... .15:56
    40-49.....................................20......... .......................9.......................... ..17:11
    50-59.....................................14......... .......................9.......................... ..19:10
    60+.........................................6..... ............................9..................... .......20:55

Anybody else get sick to their stomach when they see how the test differs from Male to Female.
    BTW I am currently teasting at home at 54 sit-ups, 38 push-ups and about 11:45 in the mile and a half.
    Last year I was at 42 sit-ups, 35 push-ups and 10:19 in the mile and a half. I was 230lbs then, now I'm 245lbs.
    I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

Seems kinda easy. Good Luck BBJ, you sound very dedicated to the task at hand..
    Im sure youll make a great law enforcement officer...

Comment

Originally posted by Big Bad John

AGE/SEX..........................SIT-UP.....................PUSH-UP.................1.5MILE RUN
      MALE

60+........................................19..... .........................10....................... .....17:19

FEMALE

50-59.....................................14......... .......................9.......................... ..19:10

Here is where I stand!!! sad I know.
      ---IZAAK

Comment

Originally posted by Big Bad John
        These are the guidelines for the Physical Agility test that I will be taking on Saturday morning to qualify for my Police Officer job. You get 1 minute to do the sit-ups with someone holding your feet. Hands behind your head, fingers interlaced. You must touch your elbows to your knees and come back down for 1 complete sit-up. They will not count the sit-up if form is broken in any way.
        The push-ups are not a timed exercise. Your back must remain straight and unpiked and your knees cannot touch the ground. A fist is placed below your chest and you must come down onto it and go back up locking out your elbows

MALE
        20-29.....................................38......... .....................29........................... .12:29
        30-39.....................................35......... .....................24........................... .12:53
        40-49.....................................29......... .....................18........................... .13:50
        50-59.....................................24......... .....................13........................... .15:14

FEMALE

20-29.....................................32......... .....................15........................... .15:05
        30-39.....................................25......... .....................11........................... .15:56
        40-49.....................................20......... .......................9.......................... ..17:11
        60+.........................................6..... ............................9..................... .......20:55

Anybody else get sick to their stomach when they see how the test differs from Male to Female.
        BTW I am currently teasting at home at 54 sit-ups, 38 push-ups and about 11:45 in the mile and a half.
        Last year I was at 42 sit-ups, 35 push-ups and 10:19 in the mile and a half. I was 230lbs then, now I'm 245lbs.

Yeah, that should be no problem for me.

Comment

i can do the situps/pushups part pretty easily . . . but the 1.5 mile part would be hard i think. which is really pathetic. but thats what i get for having this lifestyle: drive - sit - eat - drive - sit - eat.
          sigpic
          go broncos
          share the sidewalk
          liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

doesn't sound too bad...™
            This space for rent

Comment

That's it; are you joking?

I'm going to be eighteen and I can do over 75 crunches in a minute.

I might have some problem with the push ups though, but I could manage.

I run a mile in the late sixth minute or the early seventh, that'd be easy pie.

I should be a policeman already.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncology
                That's it; are you joking?

I'm going to be eighteen and I can do over 75 crunches in a minute.

I might have some problem with the push ups though, but I could manage.

I run a mile in the late sixth minute or the early seventh, that'd be easy pie.

I should be a policeman already.

I hate to sound like an old man but when I was your age.....

ahh **** it. I'm too late.

Nevermind.

Comment

EASY!!!!!

I can do about 65 situps in a minute span...---passed

I did 50 push ups last year in PE..---passed

I ran the mile in 6:24 plus half of that and some extra seconds due to fatigue..10:30...--passed

very easy

Comment

Seems not too hard.. unless you have to do wide grip pullups. before I started lifting I Ran the mile in 5:54, but I weighed 135.. now im about 170 and probably do a mile in 6:20 or so. Sit ups and push ups shouldnt be a problem.
                    R.I.P. Darrent Williams

R.I.P. Damien Nash

Comment

I could do the Sit-Ups and the 1.5 mile run. Push-ups are the hardest for me. By the way, Good Luck, Big Bad John.
                      sigpic

Comment

Man, I'm the worst runner in the world, but i was a pushup machine in high school, i did 75 in grade 9. Too bad i can't become a cop because i'm colourblind

I like my defensive tackles like I like my women: well over 300 lbs.
                        ABWRFRC

Comment

Nope! Too old, too lazy, too tired!

But I can shoot sitting down!

Good luck BBJ!!!!!

Comment

I intend to become a police officer, the test for us is much different, but I could pass that one. The hardest part would be the run, but I could do it with a few minutes to spare. It's amazingly stupid that the female's have an easier test, are they not expected to do the same duties in the course of duty?

I'll try to find the offical police test for up here and post it...

Comment

Working...
                            X