Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doggy personality changes?

Earlier today my puppy Ali...

...was spayed, she's still very tired from anesthetic so I can't tell anything yet, but I've heard that sometimes dogs can have serious personality changes after the surgery. Has anyone experienced this?

I've only had male dogs, but let me tell you, they were a little down after they got "snipped."

Comment

My dogs personality hasn't changed since hes gotten "fixed". He is still a playful puppy and he still rides girls, if you know what I mean.
      sigpic

Comment

Mine just got snipped like 3 wekks ago (male). He sleeps more but he has the same'ol hyper activity personality like before. My other 2 males are the same also.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EMCF
          Earlier today my puppy Ali...

...was spayed, she's still very tired from anesthetic so I can't tell anything yet, but I've heard that sometimes dogs can have serious personality changes after the surgery. Has anyone experienced this?
          Adorable puppy, I was a Vet asst. for 7 years, as a rule they tend to calm down but not always.

Comment

how old is your puppy EMCF?

i was just curious when the best time is to have them spayed, perhaps you might have a good answer as well jovi?

that's a very cute dog you have there EMCF, I recently just got one myself. a border collie who I named Bailey (yes, after Champ ) don't ya just love 'em?

Check out Goal Line Blitz

WINNER of Elevation INC's Pick Your 53 Challenge....Sig to come!

Comment

Originally posted by twotone
              how old is your puppy EMCF?

i was just curious when the best time is to have them spayed, perhaps you might have a good answer as well jovi?

that's a very cute dog you have there EMCF, I recently just got one myself. a border collie who I named Bailey (yes, after Champ ) don't ya just love 'em?
              Err, Ali is seven months old. Which I believe is a good time to spay. But Jovi seems like he would know more than I.

Comment

Yea, I think dogs can be spayed at about 8-9 weeks and at a certain weight.
                sigpic

Comment

My dog is just is bad as ever after we got him fixed. Damn border collies
                  "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
                  Ayrton Senna..

Comment

I thought they have to be at least six months old before you can get them spayed/neutered. I had mine spayed about a month ago. She laid around for a day or so and gradually got back to being herself. I think it took about five days for her to seem "normal" again. No problems since.

Comment

Working...
                    X