If you could write a novel...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you could write a novel...

If you could write a novel, what would the plot be? Would the main character be just like you or would he/she be a version of a friend or someone else? Would it be a gripping story about something that happened in your life or something really far from normal like jewel thieving ninjas? Would the end be happy or sad? Would it be set down the street or in a coal mine on the dark side of the moon? Give us some details..
    My Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey

My character is going to be an insect. Lets say it's a cockroach. One day the cockroach discovers a button on the side of one of his legs. So he takes a chance and decides to push the button. After he pushes it, there is a mighty flash and BOOM! The cockroach is 500ft tall. Cockroach is pissed and cockroach has power. So, cockroach starts killing everyone by smashing their skulls with his big clipper legs. Pretty soon, cockroach tells all his other cockroach relatives that they have buttons too. They all push their buttons and become 500ft tall. The giant cockroaches go around eating everyone and smashing their skulls with their clippers until the human race is extinct. Later on in their lives, the cockroaches start getting smarter. They learn how to build bombs, guns, and all other kinds of crazy death bringing ****. Eventually, different cockroach families start getting pissed at each other, so a nuclear holocaust erupts. The cockroaches destroy each other like fools. After the dust settles, nothing is moving on Earth. 500yrs later, aliens discover the planet and decide to live there. The end.

sigpic

Comment

I am writng one, but will never tell the plot!!!

The character has a lot of traits that I myself have. Some of the events in the story reflect my life. The story takes place in the past. It will end happy for some and sad for others...

I have 65,000 words, which is about 100 microsoft word pages, single spaced 12 font . it's about 11 chapters...
      ---IZAAK

Comment

a book that will stand the test of time

how about this:

SHE WAS SHOT PROTECTING THE PRESIDENT, AND SHE WOKE UP NAKED, IN THE ARMS OF A HUNK...

now there's high literature. its a real book. don't believe me? go here and go down to the "an amusing coda" topic.

http://voxday.blogspot.com/

further description at the "taking one for the team" topic:

A hunk named Kahn, who told Secret Service agent Tessa Camen an outlandish story about traveling through time, saving the world, and a Challenge only she can accept. Kahn offers her proof she can't refute: Tessa has been brought forward through time to save Earth by winning an intergalactic challenge.

Kahn only has a few weeks to train Tessa to use the psi-abilities he insists she has. He is confident in the success of a time-honored method that uses sexual frustration to bring out her powers, but Tessa is dubious. She's a martial arts expert and can fight her way through anything, but she's never had much luck with emotions.

Luckily for Earth, Kahn can be very convincing...
        sigpic
        go broncos
        share the sidewalk
        liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

The plot would be about a sniper taking out Raider players at each away game. The sniper would travel with the team without their knowledge, rent a sky box and use a silcencer so he would never get caught.

Seriously though, I love murder mystery type novels and movies so I would go that route.
          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

I've always thought it would be easier to write a novel where the characters are heavily based off of people I know and friends of mine. I feel like once I have the characters I could figure out what they would do if I put them in a certain situation. After that ideas aren't a problem its just getting it all written down.

Comment

Originally posted by ARBroncos
              If you could write a novel, what would the plot be? Would the main character be just like you or would he/she be a version of a friend or someone else? Would it be a gripping story about something that happened in your life or something really far from normal like jewel thieving ninjas? Would the end be happy or sad? Would it be set down the street or in a coal mine on the dark side of the moon? Give us some details..

actually i have writtin two novels, just never bothered to get em copyrighted or published although my friends who read em say that i should get em published. both of em are dark and morbid, but one is just a look into my warped mind.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zmabe
                actually i have writtin two novels, just never bothered to get em copyrighted or published although my friends who read em say that i should get em published. both of em are dark and morbid, but one is just a look into my warped mind.
                Dark and morbid, huh? Never would have guessed that from looking at your avatar and sig graphic.
                "You can't take the sky from me..."
                ------
                "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

What, do you have writer's block and want to steal the plot lines of your fellow Broncomaniacs?
                  "You can't take the sky from me..."
                  ------
                  "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

This is what I'd right about.

A boy, a boy who is addicted to poker. Poker gives him great highs. Poker gives him great lows.

I could write a fantastic novel.

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
                      Dark and morbid, huh? Never would have guessed that from looking at your avatar and sig graphic.

its just my personality. lol
                      sigpic

Comment

nah not stealing.... plot isn't the problem.. research and ability to make yourself crank out about a 1000 pages is...

One of my three major outlines I have done on novels is similar (though I had the idea years before it came out) to the basis for the game painkiller. There is a guy who is sent back from pergatory and basically his job is to slay demons and such. I have always really liked the idea but I feel like the concept is played out at the moment. Every time that something comes out thats in any way at all similar to something that I am writing I freak out and stop writing because I would hate to write a novel then read it and realize its just a lame copy of another book.

Part of the only reason I think that I can write a novel is that I've read so many books that I think I can get the knack. Its worked for long compositions for all of my english classes so I think there's a shot. I also feel like since I am heading to law school next year that I will not have the time to devote to it for the next foreseeable 20 years once I start down that path.

Comment

Angelo Keeler, the main character, is interested in the local "tournament of strength", known as the Ganean Tournament. He enters the Junior Division and wins easily. He thens challenges the winner of the Adult Division and wins, again. The crowd is suprised and thus starts his legacy of becoming one of the most powerful Tournamenté, or someone that competes in a Tournament, ever known.

That's just the first book. The rest of the series follows other Tournamentés, and the last book places them against each other. I've been thinking about this for nearly 3 years.
                          sigpic

Comment

I've always thought it would be easier to write a novel where the characters are heavily based off of people I know and friends of mine. I feel like once I have the characters I could figure out what they would do if I put them in a certain situation. After that ideas aren't a problem its just getting it all written down.

Keeping everything straight and sounding like you know what you are talking about are the hardest things about writing a novel.
                            ---IZAAK

Comment

Working...
                            X