X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tough Love vs. Spanking

Tough Love Versus Spanking

Most of America's populace think it is very improper to spank children,
    so I have tried other methods to control my kids when they have one of "those
    moments."

One that I found very effective is for me to just take the child for a
    car ride and talk.

They usually calm down and stop misbehaving after our little car ride
    together.

I've included the photo below of one of my sessions, with my son, in
    case you
    would like to use the technique.

It's very effective!
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Your a walking mystery sometimes man...
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DBfan4lyfe
      Your a walking mystery sometimes man...

Typing mystery***

But on a serious note, spanking is the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by JWinn
        Now just how did I see something like that coming?

Very funny RC!!!!!

But I will say one thing very serious here.

Luckily, I have never had reason to hit my kids, even if I had wanted to.I've never ever hit them in punishment! NEVER!

People who hit their kids shouldnt have kids!

I got spanked when I deserved it and it worked.

There's a difference between spanking as a form of disciplne when needed, along with explanation as to why the spaking and grounding happened, and just hitting your kids.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
        You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by JWinn
          I agree with that, but I dont believe in violence where children are concerned. As I said, I havent yet had to resort to that.

BTW, Is there a reason I cant get into that "You lost me" thread. I keep getting invalid thread messeges when I try to get in. Maybe something to do with a recently moved thread? It looks open to me.

I deleted it, so I am not sure how it looks open. He was a one post and fly guy. Just posted to stir up the pot. That's a troll to me. Had he stayed to post elsewhere or to at least respond in his own thread, then I probably would have just moved it.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
          You should check these guys out

Comment

Hahaha, awesome pic.

Seriously though, me and my ex-wife never spanked our children, spanking teaches kids to solve their problems through violents. They hardly ever missbehaved, but when they got in trouble we put them in timeout. People always say we have the most well behaved kids they've seen.
            I was spanked as a kid, and it just made me angry, my ex-wife was never spanked and I've never met many kinder woman than her.

The earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens
            Baha'u'llah

"Everyone takes turns making mistakes in poker. The trick is to skip your turn."
            Mike Caro

"The all-in play works every time but once"

You can observe a lot just by watching.
            Yogi Berra

every year.

Comment

My parents used to beat the **** out of me. And, looking back on it, I'm glad they did. I'm looking forward to beating the **** out of my own kids, for no reason whatsoever.

Dennis Leary

Comment

Thats the problem with society, to many bleeding hearts. Beating children is unacceptable, however children are not rational thinkers therefore trying to reason with them is dificult if not impossible. Spanking is a means of discipline that if used properly will not scar a child but will reinforce the pecking order of the hoousehold.

If I have to spank my kids (not very often) we always have a discussion afterward, again not always able to reason with the kid but the same bad behavior rarely happens twice.
                Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by pikman
                  Thats the problem with society, to many bleeding hearts. Beating children is unacceptable, however children are not rational thinkers therefore trying to reason with them is dificult if not impossible. Spanking is a means of discipline that if used properly will not scar a child but will reinforce the pecking order of the hoousehold.

If I have to spank my kids (not very often) we always have a discussion afterward, again not always able to reason with the kid but the same bad behavior rarely happens twice.

If only my daughter were that compliant. She has got a very strong willpower. When she was about 2 1/2 she had a sledding accident and we rushed to the ER afraid that she had broken her nose or worse. Lots of blood involved.

When the doctor ordered a CAT scan my wife and I advised the nurse to break out the IV coz we knew our daughter wouldn't hold still. After the nurse's failed attempts at sepository (sp?) seditives failed they broke out the IVs. One adult dose of Verced (sp?) didn't knock her out. Thirty minutes later they gave her a second adult dose. All of her muscles but two were completely pliable. She was not going to close her eyes! She was awake through the whole CAT scan and carried on like a soldier but I am shocked at her determination to stay awake.

Comment

I got the belt when I stepped out of line, but I know damn well that I deserved it, and I'm glad it was done. I look forward to doing the same one day.

Comment

I only got smacked once when I was little for calling my brother a b*tch... I never did anything to get smacked again and I wouldn't swear in front of my parents until I was like 17... So it does in fact work, in my case. Nice thread RC...
                      ---IZAAK

Comment

Our granddaughter who was living with us was disciplined by spankings but they were not hard or violent ones not to mention she wore padding (diapers) being 2 years old. She came to learn quickly and it got to the point all we had to do was mention the word.

But the "time out chair" method became very effective and that is what has been being used as of late. She hates that chair.
                        :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

I have a saying:

Spare the rod, spoil the child...™
                          This space for rent

Comment

Originally posted by urinal_cake
                            I have a saying:

....as do many others.....
                            "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                            tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                            men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by urinal_cake
                              I have a saying:

I have a saying too "Spare the child spoil the rod"
                              Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                              X