Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could this be the end?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Could this be the end?

    So I know cats on here love B HP (bernard hopkins) i'm a philly guy and I love him to death met him a few times and the guys cool as hell not one of those celebrity types but i've been saying for a long time that Jermaine Taylor aint no pushover. Now they've signed to fight this summer and I've got the feeling that B HOP may have bitten off a bit more than he can chew. Dont get me wrong he may easily go down as one of the top five boxers of all time and his legacy is safe . But this is a dangerous fight. Jermaine (bad intentions) Taylor dont play, he comes to fight and isnt easily intimidated. So could taylor be the man who finally dethrones B HOP?
    Only a fool allows another's opinion to anger him to the point of hurling insults.

  • #2
    B-HOP is a wilely veteran that knows all the tricks. He's been in the ring with big punchers before and made them look absolutely foolish. B-HOP is going to give Bad Intentions a lesson, but I think Bad Intentions is definitely the future of the Middleweight division.



    *By the way, they'll probably move this to ABF.*

    Comment


    • #3
      i believe bernard is the best in weight of all time, or top three,,, but i do believe age catches up with us all and b hop is no exception,, taylor is unlike any guy he ever fought before, sure he fought big punchers, felix, oscar, jones, but noone compares to the relentless aggression of taylor,, he could be in trouble on this one,, but thats what makes bernard great he doesnt hide from anyone
      sigpic
      when do native Americans become human and not mascots

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by DPg2003
        but I think Bad Intentions is definitely the future of the Middleweight division.



        *By the way, they'll probably move this to ABF.*

        I don't know if I would make that statement yet until we see him against B-HOP this summer. Felix Trinidad looks very sharp and he is still relatively young(32 yrs). I think the middleweight division is full of very good fighters and will be for the next 6 or 7 years for sure. Winky Wright is making a name for himself, Fernando Vargas is making his comeback from his back injury, and De La Hoya is always going to be floating around and you never know when he will pop up with a PayPerview fight.

        Hopkins over Taylor by decision,
        Trinidad over Wright by KO,

        Hopkins vs Trinidad in the fight of the year!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by buchosiete
          I don't know if I would make that statement yet until we see him against B-HOP this summer. Felix Trinidad looks very sharp and he is still relatively young(32 yrs). I think the middleweight division is full of very good fighters and will be for the next 6 or 7 years for sure. Winky Wright is making a name for himself, Fernando Vargas is making his comeback from his back injury, and De La Hoya is always going to be floating around and you never know when he will pop up with a PayPerview fight.

          Hopkins over Taylor by decision,
          Trinidad over Wright by KO,

          Hopkins vs Trinidad in the fight of the year!!!
          This is what I'm talking 'bout, some educated boxing discussion.

          Taylor is in my opinion, as of right now, the clear cut winner for future of the division. He is still raw and at times displays horrible defense and he is still relatively untested, but his power, combinations, and counter-punching put him on the fast track to the top. This fight with Hopkins will be the ultimate learning experience for Bad Intentions and with his talent it could give him the edge in the long run to dominate the Middleweight division for years to come.

          As you mentioned, Trinadad is no pup and I think he might retire again next year if he gets the Hopkins fight at the end of this year.

          De La Hoya and Shane Mosley just recently returned to 147 and I don't see either of them going back up again due to their lack of success at bigger weights.

          Fernando Vargas is a question mark due to his back problems. If he has 3 or 4 good fights at 154 then he will put himself in back in the picture for a title.

          Winky Wright has excellent defense, a solid chin, and he is an excellent jabber and counter-puncher, but he lacks the speed, quickness, and power to be a major force in the division. He will give Trinadad a good battle, but I too see Tito beating him and getting B-Hop in an epic rematch.

          So far at this point in his career Taylor has lived up to the massive hype that was made about him. He is still raw and developing, but he is very young and he has the drive and determination to go to the top, but only after B-Hop hangs 'em up.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by DPg2003
            This is what I'm talking 'bout, some educated boxing discussion.

            Taylor is in my opinion, as of right now, the clear cut winner for future of the division. He is still raw and at times displays horrible defense and he is still relatively untested, but his power, combinations, and counter-punching put him on the fast track to the top. This fight with Hopkins will be the ultimate learning experience for Bad Intentions and with his talent it could give him the edge in the long run to dominate the Middleweight division for years to come.

            As you mentioned, Trinadad is no pup and I think he might retire again next year if he gets the Hopkins fight at the end of this year.

            De La Hoya and Shane Mosley just recently returned to 147 and I don't see either of them going back up again due to their lack of success at bigger weights.

            Fernando Vargas is a question mark due to his back problems. If he has 3 or 4 good fights at 154 then he will put himself in back in the picture for a title.

            Winky Wright has excellent defense, a solid chin, and he is an excellent jabber and counter-puncher, but he lacks the speed, quickness, and power to be a major force in the division. He will give Trinadad a good battle, but I too see Tito beating him and getting B-Hop in an epic rematch.

            So far at this point in his career Taylor has lived up to the massive hype that was made about him. He is still raw and developing, but he is very young and he has the drive and determination to go to the top, but only after B-Hop hangs 'em up.
            I take my hat off to Taylor for taking this fight. It is unfortunate that he had to take this fight right now because he isn't in his prime yet. The only reason he took it was because he knows BHOP has one foot out of the door and Taylor doesn't want to be compared to Hopkins for the rest of his career. It is still going to be a great fight and I am nervous for BHOP because Taylor has talent.

            I'm a DLH fan and thank God he is going back down to 147 or 154 because he is a soft middleweight. IMO he would have a better shot at Vargas, Trinidad, or Wright at 160. Hopkins and Taylor are true middleweights so that is their advantage.

            I think Winky Wright definitely is going to have trouble with the power at 160, however I think he still has the speed. When a boxer moves up in weight, power seems to play more of a role than speed, especially when fighting guys like Trinidad who has 35 KO's out of his 42 wins and is more of a naturaly middleweight than Winky. Trinidad is a much different fighter than Mosely who likes to win on the cards rather than by KO.

            Last time I saw Vargas he didn't look too good but that was way back in 2003 and his back might have played a factor. He fights on Saturday so I am excited to see how he looks. I hope he is healthy now so he can mix it up with these other top notch fighters.

            Comment


            • #7
              Moved to "Anything But Football".

              Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

              The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
              You should check these guys out

              Comment


              • #8
                Bernard is a truly great fighter but even he realises the end is here with jermaine Taylor has the ower and mostly quickness to defy the great hopkins. It might be a brief stay at the top for Taylor cause i see trinidad(who has looked spectacular in his beat down of mayorga)setting his sights on Taylor after he dispatches bernard in an inevitable rematch. Vargas is never gonna be great if he maintains his Psyhcotic obsession with Delahoya.Winky wright is good but is definately not capable of keeping up with the power punchers in the division except mosley. I dont think we can still call mosley a powerpuncher since he came upto middleweight.

                Comment

                Working...
                X