Crazy Horse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy Horse

Anybody living in South Dakota or been in South Dakota recently, do you know if the Crazy Horse memorial has been finished yet? I am going there this summer and want to know if it is going to be finished.
    sigpic

Originally posted by BVP
    Anybody living in South Dakota or been in South Dakota recently, do you know if the Crazy Horse memorial has been finished yet? I am going there this summer and want to know if it is going to be finished.
    They still building it? I thought I went to it about 8 years ago. Or are they building another one? Or maybe they were still building it then.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueDevilsDB
      They still building it? I thought I went to it about 8 years ago. Or are they building another one? Or maybe they were still building it then.
      Oh, I read a newspaper article a couple months ago saying that it was under construction. Maybe they are making a new one.
      sigpic

Comment

In illinois Crazy Horse is a strip bar/restruant.
        Darrent Williams #27 R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by KnightOLB53
          In illinois Crazy Horse is a strip bar/restruant.
          Do you go there??
          sigpic

Comment

http://www.crazyhorse.org/story/chrono.shtml

http://www.crazyhorse.org/story/future.shtml

Not even close to being done.
            Last edited by Jared; 04-03-2005, 07:44 PM.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
            You should check these guys out

Comment

Yah i live here, and like Jared said, its not even close to being done.

Comment

Originally posted by BVP
                It won't be done in our lifetimes. But its still something to see.
                They've consistently made headway on it, so you can definitely see what they're aiming at.
                Since the entire project is totally dependent on public funding (no govt), it's taking longer, than, say, mtrushmore!
                In the summer, you can actually hike up to the head, but its only one weekend, and surrounds a holiday that escapes me.
                Enjoy it! And try to get back in 10 years, to see the progress made.
                Check out Keystone, too. Its got lots of great little stores.
                And don't forget about Custer National Park(elk, tatanka, etc); Windcave National Park (more animals/tour some huge caves);
                Like filet mignon?
                On the way to Crazy Horse, you'll probably go through Hill City. Check out the Alpine Inn. That's all they serve! Great meal/atmosphere.
                Check out the Cosmos. It'll blow your mind! Water rolls up hill. You can stand on the walls, etc.
                And drive through Bear Country USA. You'll see most every wild creature you can think of, UP CLOSE & PERSONAL, in their natural settings (no chains/pens, etc)
                Lots to do in the hills. Enjoy!

Gotta love her
                Originally Posted by NJBRONCOSFAN
                .... i wanted to offend nobody besides rushmore.
                Originally Posted by Alastor
                ......Intelligence isn't anything on wisdom or character

Comment

Does anybody know how long it will be?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MtRushmore
                    It won't be done in our lifetimes. But its still something to see.
                    They've consistently made headway on it, so you can definitely see what they're aiming at.
                    Since the entire project is totally dependent on public funding (no govt), it's taking longer, than, say, mtrushmore!
                    In the summer, you can actually hike up to the head, but its only one weekend, and surrounds a holiday that escapes me.
                    Enjoy it! And try to get back in 10 years, to see the progress made.
                    Check out Keystone, too. Its got lots of great little stores.
                    And don't forget about Custer National Park(elk, tatanka, etc); Windcave National Park (more animals/tour some huge caves);
                    Like filet mignon?
                    On the way to Crazy Horse, you'll probably go through Hill City. Check out the Alpine Inn. That's all they serve! Great meal/atmosphere.
                    Check out the Cosmos. It'll blow your mind! Water rolls up hill. You can stand on the walls, etc.
                    And drive through Bear Country USA. You'll see most every wild creature you can think of, UP CLOSE & PERSONAL, in their natural settings (no chains/pens, etc)
                    Lots to do in the hills. Enjoy!
                    Ok. Thanks.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BVP
                      Does anybody know how long it will be?
                      To get a good visit in at the monument or till its finished?

I'd say plan at LEAST half a day to get a good visit into the monuement.

If you're asking when it will be done, it's impossible to say, since it is such a massive sculpture and relies entirely on private donations and funding.

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
                        If you're asking when it will be done, it's impossible to say, since it is such a massive sculpture and relies entirely on private donations and funding.
                        Seems kind of strange that the government could fund the faces on Mt. Rushmore but not this...

Comment

I don't think the project has asked for government funding. Its not a National Park or monument, is it? I thought it was state park? I could be worng.

But I am fairly sure the government doesn't show up with truckloads of cash unless you go and ask them for it.

Comment

Mount Rushmore is run by the National Park Service, meaning it is owned and run by the feds. If the federal Government was willing to spend money on a national monument for white leaders, then it should be willing to do the same for native american leaders...after all, they are U.S. citizens.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Buck 1981
                              Mount Rushmore is run by the National Park Service, meaning it is owned and run by the feds. If the federal Government was willing to spend money on a national monument for white leaders, then it should be willing to do the same for native american leaders...after all, they are U.S. citizens.

I agree with you, but when has the US Governmnent ever acknowledged its hypocrisies or wrong doings?

Comment

Working...
                              X