Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amusement Parks/ rollercoasters

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Amusement Parks/ rollercoasters

    Yesterday me and some friends went to 6 flags kentucky kingdom. (it's our spring break week.) we were there from the moment it opened, to the moment it closed. 11-6. that was an adventure...i was there with 2 guys who i've been friends with ever since i moved here. so for 7 hours all i heard was "hey do you think that chick's hot?" anyways, we were gunna break their record of riding greased lightning, but we only got to ride it once and then when we came back to it later for our challenge, it was broke down. so we ended up riding the changa a bajillion times..it has the biggest loop in kencutky..it was awesome. we rode the twins..twice..uhh we rode a shoe ride for like..7 year olds. long story. one of the guys won me a louisville cardinals basketball then we rode the hellevator and i ended up flashing hundreds of people waiting in line for season passes...that was great. both the guys i was with missed it tho and kept wanting to go back on it. we didnt have time tho. it only took us like..20 minutes to get through the season pass line..cus i have skills...and the park was about to close so everyone was leaving and they were opening up more area to do the season pass. anyways, so here's my questions:

    what's your favorite amusement park? rollercoaster?

    where do you prefer to sit in rollercoasters?

    so far i think kentucky kingdom is my favorite park and the changa is my favorite rollercoaster. and we sat in the front seat on every single ride...it was great.

    and we're probably gunna go back again tomorrow!


  • #2
    I like six flags here in jersey...only an hour and 30 away, so it's convenient too.

    I like batman returns a lot..Great American Scream Machine is an oldy but goody.

    Closer to the front, the better.

    "The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

    Comment


    • #3
      My favorite park was King's Dominion in Virgina, although Cedar Point in Sandusky, OH is also VERY good.


      They have awesome coasters, and plenty oo other attractions as well, for the non coaster set.


      I haven't been to the legendary Six Flags Cailfornia Magic Mountain right here in my back yard yet. But when the kid is old enough for baby rides, say 4 or 5 years old, we'll go.

      Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

      The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
      You should check these guys out

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by NJBRONCOSFAN
        I like six flags here in jersey...only an hour and 30 away, so it's convenient too.

        I like batman returns a lot..Great American Scream Machine is an oldy but goody.

        Closer to the front, the better.
        yeah kentucky kingdom is only like..10 minutes from here..its awesome

        Comment


        • #5
          Those of you in Kentucky should try King's Island in Cincinnati which is my favorite. I believe they are up to 13 roller coasters competing with Cedar Point. They have The Beast and the last time I was there (3 years ago ) they introduced the SOB (Son Of Beast) which was the first wooden coaster with a loop.

          I love roller coasters and have been all over. Someone mentioned Magic Mountain in California which was another fun place. Six Flags and Busch Gardens parks are also fun.

          I am a coaster slut!
          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Jared
            My favorite park was King's Dominion in Virgina, although Cedar Point in Sandusky, OH is also VERY good.


            They have awesome coasters, and plenty oo other attractions as well, for the non coaster set.


            I haven't been to the legendary Six Flags Cailfornia Magic Mountain right here in my back yard yet. But when the kid is old enough for baby rides, say 4 or 5 years old, we'll go.
            I've been to Magic Mountain, but I've never been to King's Dominion which is in my back yard.

            BM 69 mentioned Kings Island in Cincy. That's my favorite. I used to go there all the time as a kid. Spend one day at KI and the next at "The Beach" (water park) right next door. It's been 10 years since I've been to both though.

            Comment


            • #7
              The Big Shot on the top of the Stratosphere in Las Vegas is probably the scariest/best ride I've been on. You're already a freakin' mile high (or so it seems) and to then get shot even further skyward while seeing the city of Las Vegas teeny-tiny below you is... well... awesome is a good word for it.

              http://www.stratospherehotel.com/las...ere_ride.html#

              As for the whole amusement park, I think Magic Mountain in California was excellent.
              "You can't take the sky from me..."
              ------
              "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Javalon
                The Big Shot on the top of the Stratosphere in Las Vegas is probably the scariest/best ride I've been on. You're already a freakin' mile high (or so it seems) and to then get shot even further skyward while seeing the city of Las Vegas teeny-tiny below you is... well... awesome is a good word for it.

                http://www.stratospherehotel.com/las...ere_ride.html#

                As for the whole amusement park, I think Magic Mountain in California was excellent.
                When the Stratophere first opened the High Roller, I won 2 seats on the first ride. The radio station made a big tadoo about it and all the anticipation and delays were depressing after getting on the thing and it was LAME! Too slow and short.

                After that they offered us a ride on the Big Shot. Sat there staring at that thing going HELL NO! LMAO! My friend said "Aw come on". So we went.

                Got up to the ride and was turned away because they were filming a movie.

                Anyway, never went back. This was during my 11 year residence in Vegas.

                But in Vegas at the New York New York hotel/casino is the Manhatten. Great coaster ride but they nail ya 10 bucks a ride if not more.
                :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Kings Dominion has some good coasters, although it's about time they get a new one.
                  My Broncomania Adopt-a-Bronco: Rod Smith

                  Elway stops, loads up, throws deep down the middle of the field and Rod Smith's got it!

                  America is like your team, and if your not gonna root for your team then get the hell outta the stadium.

                  Madden Online Record 109-90 (7-3 L10)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
                    When the Stratophere first opened the High Roller, I won 2 seats on the first ride. The radio station made a big tadoo about it and all the anticipation and delays were depressing after getting on the thing and it was LAME! Too slow and short.

                    After that they offered us a ride on the Big Shot. Sat there staring at that thing going HELL NO! LMAO! My friend said "Aw come on". So we went.

                    Got up to the ride and was turned away because they were filming a movie.

                    Anyway, never went back. This was during my 11 year residence in Vegas.

                    But in Vegas at the New York New York hotel/casino is the Manhatten. Great coaster ride but they nail ya 10 bucks a ride if not more.
                    Yeah, I was really disappointed in the roller coaster. Even hanging off the side of a building it was still a boring ride.

                    But the Big Shot is another story. When you shoot into the air, you can't see anything but the city waaaay below you and then you float weightless for a bit before it shoots you up again...and again. Man, that was a serious rush!
                    "You can't take the sky from me..."
                    ------
                    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by In-com-plete
                      I've been to Magic Mountain, but I've never been to King's Dominion which is in my back yard.

                      BM 69 mentioned Kings Island in Cincy. That's my favorite. I used to go there all the time as a kid. Spend one day at KI and the next at "The Beach" (water park) right next door. It's been 10 years since I've been to both though.
                      Magic Mountain is LA? Thats my favorite 6 Flags. My favorite ride is the Goliath. Also, here in Denver, Elitches is pretty fun too. My favorite ride is the Mind Eraser. Except one time I got stuck on the ride.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by BVP
                        Magic Mountain is LA? Thats my favorite 6 Flags. My favorite ride is the Goliath. Also, here in Denver, Elitches is pretty fun too. My favorite ride is the Mind Eraser. Except one time I got stuck on the ride.
                        Just north of LA. The Revolution, Colasses and the hanging one's name is escaping me.

                        When Elitches relocated, I thought it was a bad move to choose that location. The park is too small IMO. No room for real expansion. I do like the Mind Eraser though and the Boomerang is fun too. Just takes forever to get on it.

                        DisneyWorld MGM Studios has the Rock -N- Roller Coaster that is pretty nifty. It is a slingshot coaster inside a building with neon displays along the track. Each seat has two speakers on either side of your head and they jam Aerosmith's Sweet Emotion during the ride which really makes it cool!
                        :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Those things make me sick as a dog now!

                          But I used to spend entire days riding Mr. Twister at the old Elitch Gardens when I was a kid. Ride 6 or 7 times, eat some of that wonderful park food, and ride till we were half dead!

                          Now I can barely walk past the things! But I do ride the one that just goes down, makes a loop, and reverses. ONCE! Then I have to find some grass to lay down on so I can make it home again, lol.

                          Is'nt the Mind Erasor the one you hang in? On the edge of the park just across from Invesco? I did that once.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
                            Just north of LA. The Revolution, Colasses and the hanging one's name is escaping me.

                            When Elitches relocated, I thought it was a bad move to choose that location. The park is too small IMO. No room for real expansion. I do like the Mind Eraser though and the Boomerang is fun too. Just takes forever to get on it.

                            DisneyWorld MGM Studios has the Rock -N- Roller Coaster that is pretty nifty. It is a slingshot coaster inside a building with neon displays along the track. Each seat has two speakers on either side of your head and they jam Aerosmith's Sweet Emotion during the ride which really makes it cool!
                            The hanging one is the Ninja i think. Also the Viper and the Riddlers Revenge is good too. But yeah, I agree, no more room for expansion at Elitches. They need more roller coasters too.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by BVP
                              The hanging one is the Ninja i think. Also the Viper and the Riddlers Revenge is good too. But yeah, I agree, no more room for expansion at Elitches. They need more roller coasters too.
                              Ninja! That's It!

                              And yes Mind Eraser your feet dangle but the Ninja was an enclosed seat that hung if that makes sense?

                              King's Island had the very first one that hung called The Bat. They built it and it began to sink so they sold it to Japan. They placed The Vortex there now. Awesome ride!
                              :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X