Can We Relate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can We Relate?

Since the Broncos are so banged up, I want to know what kind of injuries have you all fans have sustained in your life? Just dont make any lengthy posts!
    Last edited by Return of Lava; 10-29-2003, 07:08 PM.
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

I have never broke a bone in my life [i drink a lot of milk (cereal)]! Never sat out a game of street ball and never missed a day of school since 7th grade!
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

I've never had a broken bone, but I did fall on the stairs on Sunday morning holding my son. I went in for x-rays yesterday and they came back negative. So that was a great sign! It's still swollan and black and blue, but the walking is getting better. It was not a good day. It started out with this, then the Mobley got hurt, then the Donks lose to same Ravens team we always lose to.

Comment

The worst injury I have ever had occured August. I was returning a kickoff for my high school football team and I went to cut and I got hit kind of how Mike Vick got hit. Everyone thought I broke my fibula but I just had a high and low ankle sprain and a bone contussion. I was out for 3 games. It is terrible watching your team play and you have to be on the sideline.

Comment

I have Pattela Femoral syndrome and ITB tendenitis in my left knee, which got me medically discharged from the Marine Corp a few years ago
          Friends dont let friends vote for Democrats.

Comment

Broke three ribs in wrestling, that was the most painful injury.

Other smaller injuries in basketball and soccer.
            Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Originally posted by horseface
              there are injuries in soccer? Do men still play soccer in the US?
              Sure in college in Wisconsin. In fact I saw one of the worst injuries my freshman year to a fellow team mate. He went to kick the ball and someone tried to "slide tackle" him at that moment and his ankle snapped like a toothpick. It was very ugly and it was one of the worst injuries I have ever seen. It in my opinion was worst then Theismans.
              Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

I tore my ACL in college. Had a few other tears, but that one was the worst. The surgery back the isn't what it is today. I have a HUGE scar on my knee, and now all they do is two little holes to do the surgery. Its a lot less invasive now.

Comment

Lets see...

Left Arm-one of those forearm bones, broken
                  Right Arm-both of those forearm bones, broken
                  Left Collarbone-broken
                  (not all at the same time, fortunately)

Both knees-orthoscopic surgury to fix kneecaps "popping out of place"

Fell off a 25' cliff at 16, no broken bones, moderate concusion, major contusions.

Drove car off Colorado Natn'l Monument in 1993, 115' from pavement to where the car came to rest, no broken bones, serious concusion, serious contusions. (wear your seat belts, kids...saved my arse. LOL)

By FAR, the most painful of all the above, was my kneecaps "popping out of place"...I see a football player go down with a knee injury & feel for the guy. Something about that joint that can cause just immense amounts of agony...worse than any broken bone (at least that I've suffered)

Think thats about it...but I could be forgetting some (concussions'll do that to ya, LOL)

Sorry...hope that didn't qualify as a "long post"
                  "When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease being mistaken, or cease being honest." -anonymous

Comment

I was in an accident in August of '02. I hit the steering wheel and windsheild in the pickup I was driving. I broke my nose, both of my eye sockets, knocked out a tooth and chipped three others, bit through my upper lip, had a minor cut above my left eye and on my right leg, and a really deep gash on my chin. Other than that, I've never had any other serious injuries. But believe me, I was a hurtin' unit for about a month.

Comment

I was blown up at work, due to a propane explosion. It really made me mad cause I was wearing my back 2 back superbowl hat, and it got roasted like a marsmallow. Not to mention 3rd degree burns on arms and face. Very painful would not wish that on anyone not even a chiefs fan lol.

Comment

Re: Can We Relate?

Originally posted by Return of Lava
                        Since the Broncos are so banged up, I want to know what kind of injuries have you all fans have sustained in your life? Just dont make any lengthy posts!
                        arthroscopy-left knee (meniscous trim)
                        ACL reconstruction-right knee
                        broken right arm
                        Boxer breaks in both hands
                        Broken right big toe
                        Broken tailbone
                        Broken middle finger
                        Various lacerations (minor to severe)
                        Originally posted by boltzpride619
                        What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
                        True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

I live with a bucaneers fan
                          Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Played football in the Coast Guard for 3 years....

Suffered 3 torn ligaments in my right ankle
                            Hip Pointers by the dozens
                            1 concussion
                            Eeerrrrrr.......

Comment

Played goal in Junior hockey

Got a puck in the nuts once. Peed blood for three days.

End of discussion
                              Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                              X