Can We Relate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it worse to tear the ACL or the MCL?

One is in the knee and one in the heel right?
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

ACL anterior cruciate ligament
      MCL medial cruciate ligament

Both in the knee although the ACL is the one that provides the primary stabilization of the knee so it is generally a much more serious injury.

Comment

Oh ok I was thinking about the achillies tendon. Which did Ian Gold tear?
        dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Ian tore his ACL

Comment

Originally posted by NameUsedBefore
            Biggest bone in your body, its the bone from your kneecap up to your pelvis.
            You are correct, it's the femur.
            I feel like I'm in an EMT class don't get me wrong, I loved being an EMT until.......... severely torn meniscus and 2 operations took me out of 10 years of working on an Ambulance I miss it, but LOTS of lifting, I wanted to continue, but my knee said pleeze stop, you said to keep it brief so I will try.......

12 yrs. old..rt knee surgery..benign tumor
            1st grade...whack to the head from a swing on the playgound..7 stitches
            4th grade....broken forearm.........high jumping at resses
            Lots of sprained ankles..
            broken nose whilst working at a fish hatchery, 20 lb fish went one way, I went the other
            8 years ago, torn meniscus whilst lifting a 500 lb + patient on an icy street during a fire
            last operation 4 years ago on the ankle on my good leg...left...bone spur

These days I am very grateful for the computer, I now do graphic art, one door closes and another opens
            Last edited by 2 Minute Warning; 11-03-2003, 04:03 PM.

Comment

P.S. I forgot, Knee injuries are just plain PAINFUL Reminds me..... I also for got about my torn rotator cuffs in both shoulders,OWIE... haven't needed surgery on those "yet"........I feel like a big boo boo somedays. Day by day as they say

Comment

Originally posted by portisistheman
                You probably won't believe this...I have since talked to him and we have put our differences to rest...I wish him nothing but the best and prosperity in his life and for his family. I just made a decision one day to not hold on to the pain and anger in my life and to live every day to the fullest. He payed for his crime in the penitentuary and I payed for my machismo with my life, almost. It is not worth it. I see him often and it does not even worry me to be around him, wierd, huh? We were actually friends before this incident happened, even wierder! But yes, you are right, that act of cowardice was hard to fathom. Hoping for retribution in one way or another takes away from the time and happiness I need for my family and I will not waste another second on it. Even in my heyday of fighting and drinking and partying, I NEVER would have stabbed or try to kill someone. Although a puch or kick certainly could of had that result. Love the people you love while you can, you never know when something stupid you or someone else does will be the end of it.
                Very well put!! AMEN BROTHER!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava
                  Does anybody know what a torn ACL feels like? I heard its a burning feeling?
                  If I had to describe it, I would say it felt like I got shot in my knee....
                  Originally posted by boltzpride619
                  What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
                  True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

here you go, take your mind off the loss

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

• Originally posted by Return of Lava
                      Does anybody know what a torn ACL feels like? I heard its a burning feeling?
                      Imagine someone tearing off your knee cap, putting thousands of needles into the wound and covering it with a pound of salt while stomping on your knee.
                      Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Comment

• 3 years later...

I'll also bring this thread back, for those with new injuries, lol

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

• acl, mcl, fractured femur, I went for massive air off curracanti cornice at Monarch in 2001. I made it down the hill on my own drnk beer for an hour at the lodge while my buddies finished skiing them went to the hospital. I even got a picture mid flight to prove it !!!!!!!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

• I've stubbed my toe and bumped my head really bad.

Oh, last year, I had a pinched nerve in my lower back.

Sorry. That's all I got.
                            Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Lets see

Ive broken my Left arm nine times
                              And in Oct of 06 I got hurt at work and f***ed up my knee Broke my patella tore my ACL,MCL damged my meniscus and damaged some nerves and I also had some bleeding in my knee it took about 6-7 months to fully recover.
                              sigpic
                              Thanks Blondie for the Sig

Comment

Working...
                              X