Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BroncoBailey024
    MJ come on 6 titles in 6 years.

Bill Russell, come on, 11 titles in 13 years. Wait, no, that was the BOSTON CELTICS, not just Bill Russell.

Championships are team accomplishments. It is useles to use them while discussing individual accomplishments

And MJ won 6 in 7 seasons. The year he came back they did not win one.....Houston won again. He took all of one season and half another off.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
    You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
      Chamberlain was from a different era. He was ahead of his time and, therefor, a relatively more dominant player.

But in my opinion, there was never a better all-around basketball player than Michael Jordan. He'd slam in your face, juke your socks off for an easy jumper, light it up from 3-point land, make seemingly impossible shots seem routine, and was a tenacious defender (All-Defense first team in 9 seasons, which most people forget).

Wilt simply had size and power when the NBA players of his time weren't near the level of today's players. Jordan dominated in all facets of the game in the modern era of basketball.

I am still convinced that Magic Johnson was the best all around player ever. Had he played out that contract, which would have ended in 1996, I think, he would be the all time leader in assists, and would be the all time leader in rebounds and blocked shots for guards.

MJ is right there with him. You can't say either one is clearly better. Magic was clearly more versatile though, capable of playing all 5 positions and still being able to score and defend. Jordan would not have done well at the 4 or 5 in spot duty, because he was not as strong as Magic.

I also think if Magic plays till he's 37, MJ wins titles, but not as many. The as evidenced by his retirement, Magic made the Lakers that much better. The Bulls manhandled Portland for their second title. And Seattle, Phoenix, and Utah just weren't as good at Chicago. I think the Laker sneak in one more before Magic goes. But alas......

Of course if Magic doesn't retire, you can argue that the trade to bring Kobe never happens. Shaq might have still come in free agency though. That would have been Magic's last year.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
      You should check these guys out

Comment

i think hes great but far from being the greatest.
        Larry Bird is my idol, and always will be, there a lot of guys that deserve respect from all. Guys like MJ, Dominique, Chamberlain, Stockton, Isiah, Magic, DR. J, Clyde Drexler, Kevin McHale........
        And beisdes, i'm a CELTICS FAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"The man of knowledge must be able not only to love his enemies but also to hate his friends."
        Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by Chad is Rad
          Reggie Miller is the greatest player to play the game. Who agrees?

What are you smoking? How is he better than MJ? You can't compare him to his airness. Wow, you obviously are a homer........

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
          2. Taxes
          3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

MJ could be the greateset to play the game..... but wilt chamberlain and kareem are the most dominant to ever play. Wilt avg. 50 ppg a whole year!!!!! other then that.... no reggie miller isn't the best...... but he's a good damn shooter.

Comment

Reggie Miller is a belimic satanist

Comment

Originally posted by MNMarshall
                Reggie Miller is a belimic satanist
                Cmon now..... he's a hardworker. Don't say that.

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco16
                  Cmon now..... he's a hardworker. Don't say that.
                  Im a Chicago Bulls fan, I have a strong passionatte hate for him.

Comment

Reggie Miller can't even hold Michael Jordan's jock-strap.

Comment

Working...
                    X