Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Freedom that we have today..... Used?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Freedom that we have today..... Used?

I don't want to start anything bad here..... but i'm just wondering how many people here realize what men had to go through for us to be able to talk about the broncos/ etc here today. It's not a special day today.... but I was thinking last night of the american men and woman in the past wars, and the sacrafice they made for us. IMO... people take it for granted. People complain about working mon- fri.... getting out of bed at 6 a.m, and other things. I just want to know how many of you actually realize how hard it was for the men to give us a right to have freedom.... and how easily many of us take it for granted.

This got me thinking from talking to Jared.... "your wife rulez!"

Please post a reply.

Bump....

Comment

I agree with you man!

My best frien served on a Frigate during the Gulf War I. He has lots of stories form back then. Although he didnt actually go on land or anything, his ship was involved.

BUt ore so, I like the stories from my father. WWII in the S. Pacific. He fought the Japanese for four years and many of friends back then never came home. They were truly fighting for our freedom!

Men and Women in uniform have my utmost respect!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JWinn
        I agree with you man!

My best frien served on a Frigate during the Gulf War I. He has lots of stories form back then. Although he didnt actually go on land or anything, his ship was involved.

BUt ore so, I like the stories from my father. WWII in the S. Pacific. He fought the Japanese for four years and many of friends back then never came home. They were truly fighting for our freedom!

Men and Women in uniform have my utmost respect!!!
        Thanks for the reply!

We should look back on this and remember the heroes. Can you imagine D-day... rushing the beach against german guns.... no where to run back too, only at them? And then football players complain about money.......

Comment

I'm with you guys also. So many people moan about our government and the crappy job they do. Personally I'm proud to be an American and couldn't have asked to be raised in a better country. If those peeps that complain had been born in another country they'd be dying to come to the US.
          Last edited by LordTrychon; 01-09-2009, 10:17 PM.
          My other love...
          sigpic
          305 HP / 273 TQ / SH-AWD / 6MT

Comment

I gripe about plenty our government does, even the military sometimes. But that's different then the fighting GI or sailor........

They are the reason we are free!

Comment

Im a teen....... and I know what's up in the teen world. Everyone knows it....... games/ girls/ drugs/ football. Teen's have little respect to vet. who fought in the wars. They prolly could care less what's happening now. So what I ask..... aren't we taking our freedom for granted?
              Last edited by Peerless; 04-28-2005, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Yes, we are taking freedom for granted. But nobody is telling us that it is bad, so we all keep on doing it.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BVP
                  Yes, we are taking freedom for granted. But nobody is telling us that it is bad, so we all keep on doing it.
                  Yea........ i shouldn't speak..... because in a way i take it for granted. I and moan about the broncos loosing...... but i've come to realize that it's just a game and nothing that will make me better.
                  Last edited by LordTrychon; 01-09-2009, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco16
                    Yea........ i shouldn't speak..... because in a way i take it for granted. I B!tich and moan about the broncos loosing...... but i've come to realize that it's just a game and nothing that will make me better.
                    Yeah, I would always start yelling and screaming whenever the Broncos or the Rockies would loose. But then I think of the people who loose family members because they are trying to make our world better.
                    sigpic

Comment

I don't want to start anything bad here..... but i'm just wondering how many people here realize what men had to go through for us to be able to talk about the broncos/ etc here today. It's not a special day today.... but I was thinking last night of the american men and woman in the past wars, and the sacrafice they made for us. IMO... people take it for granted. People complain about working mon- fri.... getting out of bed at 6 a.m, and other things. I just want to know how many of you actually realize how hard it was for the men to give us a right to have freedom.... and how easily many of us take it for granted.

This got me thinking from talking to Jared.... "your wife rulez!"

Please post a reply.

good topic alot of men and women sacrificed for the things we all take for granted.
                      my grandmother lost her husband my grandfather on 12-19-1943 he was in the 112th infantry, 28th infantry div, kia, she also lost her brother as a result of his service in the european theater, he was sent home and died later from turboculosis. she said he got sick from the rhine river where he was trapped while scouting, and had to hide in the river for a long time, which he became ill and could never recover. my dads step dad "when she remarried served on in the japenese front, he srved on a ship in the coral sea battle I forgot which one and he did a year on a sub. the things he told me about those sub missions was really horrible. he once told me that when you first got on the old subs and was attacked with depth charges you were scared silly, but after a while you just got numb to it ,, if you died you died, and it be over.

the great war so a terrible thing, we have one family here that has six brothers who all served, and theyall returned, but there are familys out there that paid a supreme sacrifice for us all.

so when you see these old veterns thank them from the bottom of your heart, the men who served in ww2 are getting old and we are losing more and more everyyear, let them know that what they did was good and even today 60 years later they are stll heros
                      sigpic
                      when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho
                        good topic alot of men and women sacrificed for the things we all take for granted.
                        my grandmother lost her husband my grandfather on 12-19-1943 he was in the 112th infantry, 28th infantry div, kia, she also lost her brother as a result of his service in the european theater, he was sent home and died later from turboculosis. she said he got sick from the rhine river where he was trapped while scouting, and had to hide in the river for a long time, which he became ill and could never recover. my dads step dad "when she remarried served on in the japenese front, he srved on a ship in the coral sea battle I forgot which one and he did a year on a sub. the things he told me about those sub missions was really horrible. he once told me that when you first got on the old subs and was attacked with depth charges you were scared silly, but after a while you just got numb to it ,, if you died you died, and it be over.

the great war so a terrible thing, we have one family here that has six brothers who all served, and theyall returned, but there are familys out there that paid a supreme sacrifice for us all.

so when you see these old veterns thank them from the bottom of your heart, the men who served in ww2 are getting old and we are losing more and more everyyear, let them know that what they did was good and even today 60 years later they are stll heros
                        Good one!
                        These men in WW2 are passing away and enjoying the world ahead of them...... and when the time comes, there will be none left. That's why everyday we should praise them....... they should get everything from free living to free EVERYTHING. Without them............ a lot of us wouldnt be here. I just kinda find it sad how much these men deserve party's, parade's... but in the end it all revolves around us taking what they gave us for granted.

Tell a hero thank you.........

Comment

Good one!
                          These men in WW2 are passing away and enjoying the world ahead of them...... and when the time comes, there will be none left. That's why everyday we should praise them....... they should get everything from free living to free EVERYTHING. Without them............ a lot of us wouldnt be here. I just kinda find it sad how much these men deserve party's, parade's... but in the end it all revolves around us taking what they gave us for granted.

Tell a hero thank you.........

hey thats good......tell a hero thank you!!! i like that
                          one time a couple years ago i met a navajo code talker,, and i waited till he was coming my way and approached him,, i walked up and shook his hand and told him i appeciated all he did for our country and said thankyou,, he looked at me and just said "your welcome" it was a good day for me
                          sigpic
                          when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho
                            hey thats good......tell a hero thank you!!! i like that
                            one time a couple years ago i met a navajo code talker,, and i waited till he was coming my way and approached him,, i walked up and shook his hand and told him i appeciated all he did for our country and said thankyou,, he looked at me and just said "your welcome" it was a good day for me
                            hey.......... It might of not done a lot for the millions of other VETs.......... But touching one american vets heart really touches them all........... its for all the heroes.

Comment

For all of the heros:
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X