Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What were you doing 5 years ago?

How has your life changed in 5 years?

In June of '99 my first son was born. That event was probably the largest change in my lifestyle ever.
    I was working at a Motorola based Tower and Radio company. We built communications towers, installed antennas, did site work etc. I made alot of money but I was away from my wife and our newborn son for 4 to 6 days a week.
    Woodstock came to my hometown. I didn't go. Didn't seem like the right place for me to be, being a new dad and all.
    We were renting a house, our credit sucked (Because I had none) and I liked my boss.
    Now, we own our own home in Taberg. $800 per year for taxes, can't beat it. I have a perfect credit score and my boss is a troll.
    I also have obtained another son...
    I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

This month 5 years ago...

I was packing my things and coming home from my first year of college.

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

The first week of May in 2000 I was taking finals and getting ready for my graduation.

Comment

I was nearing high school graduation and was in the early stages of dating the woman who would become the love of my life. Five years later I have graduated college, and will become married to that same woman on May 7th, 2005 (this weekend).

Comment

Originally posted by Big Buck 1981
          I was nearing high school graduation and was in the early stages of dating the woman who would become the love of my life. Five years later I have graduated college, and will become married to that same woman on May 7th, 2005 (this weekend).
          Congratulations.

Honeymoon?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Buck 1981

Well early congratulations! Best of luck to you, sir!
            I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

Comment

5 years ago, I was a senior in highschol, getting ready to graduate... I spent most of my time taking LSD, Speed, smoking weed and partying like it was my job... Those might have been the best times of my life so far...

I have change since then because I don't take drugs anymore... I am glad I don't, because I realize how much they were messing up my body... They were the funnest times of my life, but the most dangerous times too... I am surprised that I am still alive!
              ---IZAAK

Comment

Originally posted by IZAAK
                5 years ago, I was a senior in highschol, getting ready to graduate... I spent most of my time taking LSD, Speed, smoking weed and partying like it was my job... Those might have been the best times of my life so far...

I have change since then because I don't take drugs anymore... I am glad I don't, because I realize how much they were messing up my body... They were the funnest times of my life, but the most dangerous times too... I am surprised that I am still alive!

I'm trying to figure out how you were high all of the time and still managed to graduate.. You must be naturally book smart...

...good to see that you learned from all of that...

Comment

Originally posted by In-com-plete
                  Congratulations.

Honeymoon?
                  The honeymoon will be a bit delayed as we have friends with weddings coming up within the next couple months. We probably won't honeymoon until August, but the plan is to spend a week in Yellowstone. I've only been there once, and the wife has never been there, so I thought it would be a fun place to go check out. They've got cabins for rent that aren't much higher than decent motel rooms.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Bad John

I'm trying to figure out how you were high all of the time and still managed to graduate.. You must be naturally book smart...

...good to see that you learned from all of that...
                    Damn I use to go to school on LSD like a few times a month... Went high nearly everyday... I was stupid as hell...

the only class I did good in was history other than that I barley passed the others...

I wish I never did the drugs and just focused on school, I would be further in life right now...
                    ---IZAAK

Comment

May 2000...

hmmmmm

I was working 3 jobs in Erie, PA to put my then fiance through med school.

I don't remember a lot other than work and lots of snowpack melting to cause some flooding.

Oh, that November, it was the 25th anniversary of the Edmund Fitzgerald accident, and they had a very sad display at the Great Lakes Maritime Museum in Erie. It could have been avoided. There were crew members from Erie on that ship. All the radio station in town played the Grodon Lightfoot tune at exactly noon.

That's all I remember.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                      You should check these guys out

Comment

Hey Big Buck! Congratulations!

Here's to a long and happy marriage!!

5 years ago I was I was right here, doing almost the same thing. Other than spending an inordinate amount of time chatting here, not much has changed for me.

Comment

5 years ago, I was a BDM for a Fortune 500 company called Staff Leasing based out of Bradenton, FL. I was 21 and making 71k a year doing a job I hated. I was engaged to a 38 year old woman, and I had season tickets to the Bucs that set me back 1200 dollars per year.

I'm much happier with my life now, despite the fact I'm just a broke student again. 5 years ago, bleh.

Comment

5 years ago I was 7 and was in school.......2nd grade.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
                            2. Taxes
                            3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

We were PCSing from Hill AFB, UT to Barksdale AFB, La. (which I was extremely pissed about because I liked UT).

Comment

Working...
                              X