What were you doing 5 years ago?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great idea to bump this thread.

5 years ago, I had just moved to Ireland from New Zealand. I had gotten a job at a car insurance company, and was stunned at how fricking cold it was, even in summer.
    President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
    I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

Originally posted by Kapaibro View Post
      Great idea to bump this thread.

5 years ago, I had just moved to Ireland from New Zealand. I had gotten a job at a car insurance company, and was stunned at how fricking cold it was, even in summer.
      Funny thing is I searched the forum to see if they had a thread about antennas and this thread came up!

Comment

is this the 5 year anniversary of this thread already

5 years ago wow i can barely remember what i did yesterday

i was selling tv's/car and home audio at a high end audio co.

from what i remember
        sigpic

sig by B4B6..

Comment

Holy hell...

Five years ago it was the summer between my junior and senior year. This time five years ago I was in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico with my dad on vacation.

My life has changed so much since then. My senior year was a blast. I graduated in May 2003 and left for basic training in August 2003.

Damn...tomorrow is my 4 year mark in the AF. Since I've been in, I've been to probably about a dozen different countries, got married, had a kid, and done a lot of things that I'm proud of. I've met a lot of people that I'll never forget.

I'd love to be 18 again though.
          Originally posted by Soldier96B
          i also took a crap and it was orange

Comment

5 years ago I was working in retail management and away from home about 70 hours a week....did not want to be away from my kids that much, and especially with my wife not willing to work .....I decided it was definitely not worth it so I recently quit my job.....I now work in a factory and I am much happier.....ALOT less money....but gone 40 hours a week... weekends off ....don't think my wife is much happier....but that's o.k....Should have done it a long long time ago...

I was probably about 10 or 15 LBS. lighter 5 years ago too...
            My 3 favorite teams:
            1.The Denver Broncos
            2.The Ohio State Buckeyes
            3.Any team who plays Michigan

Comment

Just got into high school, I think (my math is lazy).

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
              - Carl Sagan

Comment

God...5 years ago. Dark days 5 years ago I was working for a different tech firm as a poorly paid consultant and trying to scrape enough for three kids.

I wouldnt want to visit 2002 again
                Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

Comment

5 years ago I was just getting ready to start the 8th grade..Now I am graduated from high school and getting ready to start my first year of college..

I cant believe how fast time goes by..
                  WE ARE WHO THEY THOUGHT WE WERE

Comment

Let's see - August 2002 - Would have been going in to my junior year in high school - Drove around with my friends, was helping my dad with random oddjobs he was doing to try to make money because he lost his business, played a crapload of video games, I'd probably be at my friends house playing Halo or playing basketball outside.

So many more responsibilities now - Work, college, bills...ugh. growing up is dumb.

Originally posted by Snk16 View Post
                    5 years ago I was 7 and was in school.......2nd grade.
                    Whoa, I didn't know you were only 14...you seem much older.
                    Last edited by Broncs453; 08-04-2007, 04:20 PM.
                    :orton:

Comment

Originally posted by Broncs453 View Post
                      Let's see - August 2002 - Would have been going in to my junior year in high school - Drove around with my friends, was helping my dad with random oddjobs he was doing to try to make money because he lost his business, played a crapload of video games, I'd probably be at my friends house playing Halo or playing basketball outside.

So many more responsibilities now - Work, college, bills...ugh. growing up is dumb.

Whoa, I didn't know you were only 14...you seem much older.
                      Actually, I think Snk is 16 now. This thread was started over 2 years ago!

Lets see..2002...Had just moved from Colorado to Southern IN, where we bought a house. I was not engaged yet, much less married. Now I am married, have a baby girl, and moved from Southern IN to east central IL. I went from working in shipping to front office...and back to shipping.
                      sigpic
                      Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
                      -Sean Payton

Comment

Originally posted by BroncFanIN View Post
                        Actually, I think Snk is 16 now. This thread was started over 2 years ago!

Lets see..2002...Had just moved from Colorado to Southern IN, where we bought a house. I was not engaged yet, much less married. Now I am married, have a baby girl, and moved from Southern IN to east central IL. I went from working in shipping to front office...and back to shipping.
                        Snk's post was made in 2005

5 + 7 = 12
                        12 + 2 = 14

Man, it's crazy how much people's lives change in just 5 short years!
                        :orton:

Comment

Uh, I think I'd of been a sophomore in high school. I have no idea what I was doing. Probably up to no good, I'm sure of it.

Comment

August 2002...hmmm I was flying A-10s at Spangdahlem, Germany. I think I spent most of the month in Bratislava, Slovakia...hottest women on the planet, I exaggerate not! I would provide pics but then I'd be banned... j/k While we were there, we drank with our former Soviet Union counterparts (Mig pilots). They won. We also had a naming ceremony at the Kuchnya range facility...the four guys who were getting named had to drink the contents of the beaker of doom without it moving from their lips before they earned their name. I think 39 seconds or something was the record. This is my best friend on the brink of a wonderful, painful experience...

In September I spent a week in St. Dizier, France. In our temporary crackhouse living facility we shared with Slovenians, while playing poker in the wee hours we noticed Slovenians drink a LOT of vodka. There seems to be a lot of drinking in 2002...

We just had a 'change of command', and the new commander and I didn't get along too well. I was depressed because I went from Golden Child to Whipping Boy in just a few weeks.

2002 was a rough year in that I lost 3 friends in aircraft mishaps. Luke Johnson was on the skydiving team with my at the Academy, and he crashed his F-16 during an instrument approach at night, a mile from my house. Rob Lopez died during a training mission in France in June, he collided with the ground during a low altitude mission. Eric Palaro would die in December in a mid-air collision while we were training at Nellis AFB in Vegas.

With the new 'boss' there was a huge change in the squadron climate. I don't have anything against him when I look back at things, and actually learned a lot from him and the situation, but that is when I decided I didn't want to stay in the AF. I would have to work for him and guys of his ilk in the future. I could tell they were precisely what the military seemed to reward. I was an intellectual, and they were anti-intellectual. It seemed I couldn't do anything to his satisfaction, and it was miserable going to work. I was in a period of deep self-analysis, filled with mental lactic-acid buildup.

I recently got out of the AF, but I do look back and miss times like Slovakia.
                            Last edited by Hawgdriver; 08-04-2007, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Pretty much the same stuff I am doing now. Only difference is I am in a house instead of an apartment, and I have lost some good People and pets that meant a lot to me in that time.

I'm really not a glass half full type...
                              The Game Day Thread: Year 18 in progress!!!

Comment

Just started working at a new job.....lived off of Colfax and Moline......didn't have a car.....

Hmmmmmmmm 5 years ago.......all that doesn't seem so long ago.

PEACE!!!
                                Last edited by AlWilsonizKING; 09-07-2007, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X