Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alastor
    replied
    Generally speaking, even with the grades and what have you, you need a hook-up. Keep in mind that every Congressman in America can appoint people to the academies, and any ancestor of a Medal of Honor recipient, and anyone with any political clout can be hooking friends and family up.

It's not just about grades to get in there. You must have the right contacts as well - and even then you're fighting one Hell of a battle.

Leave a comment:

• Dream
    replied
    Thought so, had a friend a year or two back who had all the grades, test scores, activities and failed to get in. I think it distraught him so much, that's why he's not in college anymore.

Leave a comment:

• NJBRONCOSFAN
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncology
    Isn't it hard to get into schools like that?
    Yes...very.

Leave a comment:

• Alastor
    replied
    What would you want to do in the military?

And yes, it's hard to get into the acadamies. Not nimpossible, however.

Leave a comment:

• ReleaseTheBeast7
    replied
    Originally posted by Alastor
    There's certainly no need to go contact a recruiter yet. I think seeking out more info in general (like you have here) is the best thing to do at this stage.

I'll write more later, but for now that'll have to suffice. I would not go contact a recruiter yet. It won't do you any good anyway at this point. You might look into some ROTC programs though, or the Civil Air Patrol. Maybe - but even that's not really something that ever needs to be done, and there'd certainly be no need to rush into it.
    2 years ago I was a member of CAPs, but after about 6 or 7 months, it got involved with my school work, my football practice, and Monday Night Football(<Especially that).

Leave a comment:

• Dream
    replied
    Isn't it hard to get into schools like that?

Leave a comment:

• Alastor
    replied
    There's certainly no need to go contact a recruiter yet. I think seeking out more info in general (like you have here) is the best thing to do at this stage.

I'll write more later, but for now that'll have to suffice. I would not go contact a recruiter yet. It won't do you any good anyway at this point. You might look into some ROTC programs though, or the Civil Air Patrol. Maybe - but even that's not really something that ever needs to be done, and there'd certainly be no need to rush into it.

Leave a comment:

• Adrenaline
    replied
    It's your life really. When you get these thoughts it helps figure out what your going to contribute to the world we live in. More power to yah if thats what you want to be

Leave a comment:

• ReleaseTheBeast7
    started a topic Considering the service...

Considering the service...

Over the past few days, i've been just sitting and thinking what my purpose in life should be. And I got this wild brain storm that maybe I should serve my country, and save the people that have been saving me for the past 15 years.

I've been to West Point(Army Academy) and Annapolis(Naval Academy) plenty of times and I really like the way they run things. I always see cadets or sailors doing cadences, and at lunch maybe at McDonalds or something. I ran a 2 mile race at West Point bout 3 years ago. I played football on the West Point football field and watched an army-navy lacrosse game there last year. And I like West Point more than Annapolis, just because of the scenary and it doesn't get as warm.

I'm also thinking about visiting the Air Force Academy within a year.

I've always liked fulling around playing with airsoft guns and paintball, pretending I was in the military. I've always liked to play war video games, and i've always liked watching war movies and always liked training the way they do. In fact, my uncle knows a former U.S. Navy Seal, Stew Smith, and I signed up to his workout program and trained by his program, that he personally sent to me last year. I loved it.

I know i'm only 15 and I have 3 years to change my mind yet, but this seems really intriguing to me. So what do you guys think? Do you think it's just a phase or should I do some research and get in contact with some recruiting offices?
Working...
X