--- Fish ---

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• --- Fish ---

--- i enjoy fishing and i have experienced almost every style of fishing since i was a boy, including commercial as well as pleasure fishing --- i could eat seafood every day --- some of my favorite types of fish i like to catch are ahi, mahi-mahi, bonefish, and salmon --- do you guys have any fishing stories? --- john west has an unusual method of catching salmon --- http://www.kirkwood.edu/faculty/clifto/salmon1.asf --- az

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan
    --- i enjoy fishing and i have experienced almost every style of fishing since i was a boy, including commercial as well as pleasure fishing --- i could eat seafood every day --- some of my favorite types of fish i like to catch are ahi, mahi-mahi, bonefish, and salmon --- do you guys have any fishing stories? --- john west has an unusual method of catching salmon --- http://www.kirkwood.edu/faculty/clifto/salmon1.asf --- az
    mahi mahi, thats dolphin is it?

Comment

Never thought to kick a bear in the crotch and take his fish!

Comment

Originally posted by Lynch Bailey247
        mahi mahi, thats dolphin is it?
        Mahi is a Hawaiian word for "strong" --- mahi-mahi are fish , not mammals --- they are also known as Dorados --- http://www.kirkwood.edu/faculty/clifto/salmon1.asf --- az

Comment

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!! FUNNY STUFF AZ!!!!!!

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
          2. Taxes
          3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

I catch fish with fireworks.

Comment

Originally posted by JWinn
              Never thought to kick a bear in the crotch and take his fish!
              --- then you ought to try it sometime!!! --- http://www.kirkwood.edu/faculty/clifto/salmon1.asf --- az

Comment

I fish............

But I've never really been very good at it. But I keep trying. I love to Ice Fish the most.

Here's a story from my last trip. It's pretty much a good representation of how it goes for me.

I'm sitting there with my buddies up near Kremmling, Colorado at this great lake called Wolford Res. We've all got our lines in and my best friend Steve is about 10 feet away. Now when Ice fishing, you really have to be on the stick. If you set it on the rod holder and walk away, and it hits, you arent there to set the hook ans rarely will get the fish.

So I'm holding my rod and I feel a fish hit. I set the hook and start reeling her in. She's almost to the hole when she runs and breaks the line. This is 4 Lb. test. She took my new $8 lure!

Not ten seconds go by and Steve gets a hit. He reels her in slowly and pulls her up and out of the hole. Joe and I go over to check it out and guess whats in the mouth? MY LURE!

She was a Rainbow about 20 inches long. Nice fat female full of eggs.

It was my only hit of the weekend. He caught two more and Joe got a few also.

Ya win some, ya lose some. I've got two nice ones on the wall. Joe's a taxedermist!

I got my lure back, better than nothing I guess.

Comment

Mahi is a Hawaiian word for "strong" --- mahi-mahi are fish , not mammals --- they are also known as Dorados --- http://www.kirkwood.edu/faculty/clifto/salmon1.asf --- az
                  oooo.... yea see, i thought mahi mahi was another word for dolphin in hawaii....

Comment

I don't fish.

But that link is funny.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                    You should check these guys out

Comment

My fishing history is similar to why I am not in the NBA - a combined lack of talent and desire. I do love Rubio's fish tacos and watching Deadliest Catch on the Discovery channel though.

P.S. for what it's worth, I think worms should only be drowned in bottles of Mezcal.

Comment

I go fishing a lot. My dad and I usually go up to Minnesota once a summer to fish. When I'm in colorado during the summer, I fly fish non stop. Around here in Kansas fisihng isn't as exciting, and the scenery isn't the same.

Comment

I love to fish...
                          I used to have time to do it before I started working around 60 hours per week. When I retire (Pffftt, haaaa,haaa,haaa) I plan to fish a fair portion of that time.
                          I prefer Trout fishing, but Bass fishing will do if they are hitting...

One of the more memorable stories was when I was about 13 or 14. My buddy Jimmy and I were fishing a small tributary of the Black River in Boonville New York. This little creek was famous for yeilding some humongous Brook Trout. The creek ran a few yards behind Jimmy's dad's camp. We picked worms the night before, loaded up the tackle boxes and walked up and down the western shore of the creek.
                          This was in the deep woods gentlemen...We were being consumed by black flies (The little ones that get in your ears and swarm around your head) Deer-flies (The ones who only stop flying to bite you) and Horse-flies, I mean the nuclear kind, these things were like two inches long! When they bit you, you wished you were dead, it hurt so bad.
                          We walked up and down that creek, dropped our lines into every possible nook and cranny of that damned creek, got eaten alive by bugs who have never tasted human flesh, but once they did, told all of their damned bug friends
                          and guess what...we didn't catch jack-s**t!!
                          We get back to camp, tell Jimmy's old man about it and he starts making fun of us. "you gotta fish the pockets man!"
                          So you know what this jerk does? He walks over to the creek, drops the line into a part of the creek where it bends and is about 4 inches wide...and don't you know the SOB oulls out a 16 inch Brookie!...absolutely disgusting...
                          I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

Comment

I go fishing for the beer.

If I actually caught a fish, I wouldn't know what to do with it.
                            :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
                              I go fishing for the beer.

:
                              Yeah I drink like a fish too!

Fishing for girls is fun too

Comment

Working...
                              X