• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you....?

Do you judge "a book by its cover"

Originally posted by Adrenaline

Book or Magazine?
    Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by pikman
      Book or Magazine?
      Life in general

Comment

Originally posted by Adrenaline
        Yes, everyone does.

Whether they admit it or not.

Humans judge other humans.

Get used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
          Yes, everyone does.

Get used to it.
          Im am used to it.... just wanted opinions on the subject

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
            Yes, everyone does.

Get used to it.
            Ya like TDK is a person with a fine sense of humor, 0 faith, and tons of opinion and attitude.

Which is better than a person with no sense of humor, tons of faith, 0 opinion and attitude.

BTW I don't judge a book by its cover. I usually let it spew off a few ignorant sentences, and unsubstantiated opinions...then I judge.
            Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Yup. Luckily for you guys, I like all kinds of books. Just because one is prettier, more well-bound, bigger or flashier than another doesn't really matter. It's the general "character" of the cover I judge.

Comment

Sometimes judging a book by its cover can be helpful. For example, people know that if someone has a gang tattoo or some other sign of criminal intentions (an oakland raiders hat? ), they should stay away from that person. Or if someone is helping an old lady cross the street, they may very well be a kind and loving person. It is not always the case, but sometimes it can help people.
                There's more to life than the Denver Broncos. Let me know when you find it.

Hear the dogs howling out of key, to a hymn called 'Faith and Misery' - Green Day

"If I can not bend heaven, I shall move Hell." - Vergil (Aeneid VII)

Comment

Working...
                X