Money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Money

If you pass a homeless person on the street do you give them a buck or two?

Don't see many homeless people around here. Last one I seen was like 2 years ago. He was sitting in the McDonalds parking lot and I bought him a burger.
    sigpic

Comment

Nope, if I gave a dollar to every homeless person I saw I wouldn't have much cash left. Anyways, they can go a few hours without a bottle of mouthwash.
      Last edited by EMCF; 05-10-2005, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Not a chance...you want a buck, earn it.
        Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

If i have spare change i will, but the only time i really see them is when i'm leaving a yankees game...I appreciate their honesty.

They're signs say things like 'Why Lie..I need money for a beer'

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

Originally posted by pikman
            Not a chance...you want a buck, earn it.
            Just a question how is a homeless person going to earn a buck. Would you trust him to do a job. And im sure he dosent have any sort of resume.

Comment

No.

I usually beat them to death and hide the bodies.

Don't tell anyone.

Comment

Me myslef if i have spare change i will. Because ill probably waste it on something, and they can put better use to it

Comment

Originally posted by Adrenaline
                  Me myslef if i have spare change i will. Because ill probably waste it on something, and they can put better use to it
                  Yeah, by buying booze.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
                    Yeah, by buying booze.
                    Isnt that what you were gona spend it on anyway

Comment

all i can say is we are all being judged on our life in one way or another

i have given my last dollar to complete strangers many times
                      sigpic
                      when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Isnt that what you were gona spend it on anyway

Not necessarily.

Comment

Just a question how is a homeless person going to earn a buck. Would you trust him to do a job. And im sure he dosent have any sort of resume.
                          You know this is a real sore spot for me. Most of the people that are homeless have made choices in their lives that have put them there. I don't care what the circumstances are, but we all have the ability to do something positive with our lives if we WANT to. I don't have a problem with helping those who are "less fortunate", face it a lot of people work their asses off and still can't make ends meet. Homeless people have usually chosen to do nothing and for that you get nothing.
                          Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Why not give them a buck. If they want to spend it on booze thats fine, its not like their going to get a hotel room from the couple of bucks i give them so why not? If they rather spend the money on a beer rather then a burger, more power to them.

^^^made by OrangeShadow

Comment

If you pass a homeless person on the street do you give them a buck or two?

Sometimes..........

It really depends on how that person comes across to me.

If they are standing on the corner holding up a sign, and not even bothering to work the corner, while wearing a brand new Broncos hat, with an $80 backback, then no, I dont give them anything.

I know of a guy who quit his job, stands on a corner and takes in about $200 a day. He chose to become a begger. Those types of people get nothing from me.

Others I can easily see are truly homeless. Take a vet for example, with a prosthetic leg, wearing his medals, (which, yes, I know can be bought) I'll give a person like this a few bucks, sure.

It doesnt hurt to take a few minutes to talk to them, and find out if they are truly homeless or not.

Comment

Working...
                              X