X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dream
    replied
    Originally posted by Alastor
    You must spread your contributor status around...

A good reply. Leave it at that. It merits little else.
    Thank you good sir.

Leave a comment:

• EMCF
    replied

He was crying, I said he was crying, nothing false about it. Move along.

Leave a comment:

• Alastor
    replied

More like a sledgehammer of fallacy EMCF, but whatever suits your fancy.

Leave a comment:

• EMCF
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncology
    A 'sledgehammer of fallacy'? Well la-dee-dah, cry me a river, build a bridge, then get over it.

Leave a comment:

• Dream
    replied
    Originally posted by EMCF
    Uh oh, here comes the Waaaaaaaa-mbulance.

Leave a comment:

• EMCF
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncology
    I love how people just assume that if you give money to the homeless, they'll just spend it on alcohol, stereotypical huh?

At any case, if they're legal -- who the hell cares? Just because they have a "bad" life and no home doesn't allow them to enjoy a drink or too? I'm pretty sure some of you can go rattle your skeltons in your own closet before you do someone elses. (Don't laugh because they don't have them)

Excuse me all to hell, but some homeless people can't help it.

I guess we're all hypocritical by nature.
    Uh oh, here comes the Waaaaaaaa-mbulance.
    Last edited by EMCF; 05-11-2005, 04:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Booher
    replied
    I don't anymore because of the actions of a homeless guy here in va beach he had a sign that said will work for food so my cousin offered for him to come to his house and do some yardwork , then the bum says he has a back injury.....I was like wtf.....did you even read your sign before you made it....I told him to change his sign to I want free money......

Leave a comment:

• Dream
    replied
    I love how people just assume that if you give money to the homeless, they'll just spend it on alcohol, stereotypical huh?

At any case, if they're legal -- who the hell cares? Just because they have a "bad" life and no home doesn't allow them to enjoy a drink or too? I'm pretty sure some of you can go rattle your skeltons in your own closet before you do someone elses. (Don't laugh because they don't have them)

Excuse me all to hell, but some homeless people can't help it.

I guess we're all hypocritical by nature.

Leave a comment:

• Booker T
    replied
    If you don't like giving money because you think they'll spend it on something bad buy them something to eat instead.

Leave a comment:

• arapaho
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
    So you are saying that every single day as I drove across town I should have $20-$30 in One Dollar bills ready for each red light?

I perform random acts of kindness all the time. I drew my line in the sand with
    this topic.

you are clueless!!!

Leave a comment:

• Jared
    replied
    I don't see any homeless unless I am in NYC.

I just have never lived in area where they congregate. Not because I am snob, but because I don't generally live in areas with a lot of foot traffic, where they are more likely to be sucessful at begging.

Although there was this one time I found a guy sleeping naked on my front porch. I heard the doorbell ring, and since I was execting a package, I went out there.

And the post man was looking at this dude. Weird. He woke up, I asked him what he was doing there (he had his pants in his hands).......he suddenly freaked out....."uh...I was waitingf or someone.....um...I have the wrong address...."

Didn't seem drunk or anything, just some kinda weirdo perv. I think he really did have the wrong address, because his reaction was almost bordering on fear.

I called the cops, but they couldn't find him. The post man backed me up.

So, I have no idea if he was homeless, but I sure wasn't gonna give him a damn thing except my shoes up his ass.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoManiac_69
    replied
    Originally posted by arapaho
    a cheap bottle of wine 2 bucks

a cheap high 10 bucks

a random act of kindness................ priceless
    So you are saying that every single day as I drove across town I should have $20-$30 in One Dollar bills ready for each red light?

I perform random acts of kindness all the time. I drew my line in the sand with this topic.

Leave a comment:

• In-com-plete
    replied
    Originally posted by NJBRONCOSFAN
    If i have spare change i will, but the only time i really see them is when i'm leaving a yankees game...I appreciate their honesty.
    Do they have pinstripes? I always knew there were bums at Yankee stadium.

When I was about 11 a friend and I were at the mall. A guy came up to us and said his car was broke down and he didn't have enough money to get home which was in Georgia. I felt bad for him so I gave him a dollar and all the change I had in my pocket. No big deal.

About 5 or 6 years later I was at the same mall with my girlfriend at the time and this guy approached us and gave me the same story. I told him he used that same line on me about 5 years earlier. He just walked away.

That was the last time I gave money to a "bum". If I see one when I'm having a bad day I feel bad for him/her, but they always cheer me up cause I think of how good I have it.

Leave a comment:

• NJBRONCOSFAN
    replied
    Originally posted by EMCF
    Buying booze? You must have some rich version of homeless folks down there in the US, they buy the cheapest things they can up here. Namely mouthwash, for the alcohol content, no name mouthwash, it's cheaper. Hell, Lysol and hairspray are out of their financial league.
    It's called a 40 ounce!

Leave a comment:

• pikman
    replied
    No, because I'm about to be one of them barring some sort of miracle.

Pikman wrote:

Not that easy. I am ample evidence of that myself.

At 16 I was an assistant manager at the 7-11. I never missed work, showed up on time, did my job and then some. Always stayed late, always put in overtime.

When I went into the military I got promoted faster than all 50 or so of the people I went in with, and was the only one to complete my full tour of duty. Along the way I earned a Below the Zone promotion, given to about the top 3.5% of Airmen in the Air Force as judged by a panel of 12. By the time my four years were complete in the Air Force (the slowest promoting branch of our military) I had my e-5 on its way. That's... obscene.

After the military I went to college and completed two majors in 3.5 years, earning national scholastic honors in both subjects. I was also the President of two clubs and a member of one or two others. I also became a DJ at the school's radio station. I worked in the summers and on weekends to help pay for food and beer.

By definition, I am the epitome of "over-achiever." I am no slacker - and I'm tellin' ya' I might be out of a house at the end of this month. It ain't just about work ethic.

This kind of comment is indicative of the kind of misconception that makes homelessness such a problem.

Sure, some people make those bad choices... some people never get a chance to start off though either. It's easier than you think - trust me on this.
    The question was would you give a homeless person money. We have many "Working Homeless" up here in Calgary due to the high cost of living. These people I have no problem with because they aren't BEGGARS. They still hold down jobs during the day, and sleep in shelters or on the street at night. This I find to be truly sad, that hard working people still can't afford a home.

My comments about want a buck...earn one go for the homeless that are bums. To lazy to collect bottles, or get help. Begging is not a profession and should therefore not be rewarded.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X