Happy Memorial Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Memorial Day

Considering that many of us will be cooking out over the next 3 days...

It seemed like a fitting question...

1.) The Burger must be cooked to what a true Grill-master considers "Well-done"...which means that the outside of the patty should appear black or a very very dark brown in color...subsequently, the inside of such a patty will be grey...

2.) Sourdough buns...

3.) The Condiments...Miracle whip on the lower bun, A1 on the upper...

4.) Lettuce is mandatory, as are thick sliced onions...

5.) Bacon can be used, but it is a step that most people are not willing to take as I have yet to see man, woman or Julia Childs effectively cook Bacon on a grill...

6.) Cheese- As an American, I see it only fitting to use American cheese...

Hot-Dogs must also be charred to the extent that the outside becomes black and flaky...(ala RuPaul)
    They should be consumed on a bun, with Ketchup and Mustard...
    I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

Originally posted by Big Bad John
    Considering that many of us will be cooking out over the next 3 days...

It seemed like a fitting question...

1.) The Burger must be cooked to what a true Grill-master considers "Well-done"...which means that the outside of the patty should appear black or a very very dark brown in color...subsequently, the inside of such a patty will be grey...

2.) Sourdough buns...

3.) The Condiments...Miracle whip on the lower bun, A1 on the upper...

4.) Lettuce is mandatory, as are thick sliced onions...

5.) Bacon can be used, but it is a step that most people are not willing to take as I have yet to see man, woman or Julia Childs effectively cook Bacon on a grill...

6.) Cheese- As an American, I see it only fitting to use American cheese...

Hot-Dogs must also be charred to the extent that the outside becomes black and flaky...(ala RuPaul)
    They should be consumed on a bun, with Ketchup and Mustard...
    That sounds good.

Comment

I like mine plain, with any kind of cheese. Since you know, I'm not into the "All-American" aspect of food, (freedom fries, etc.) -- Usually, I'll take any kind of bun, grill it so it's a little crunchy, put ketchup and several slices of cheese over the patties. Yeah, well I'm done talking now.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncology
        I like mine plain, with any kind of cheese. Since you know, I'm not into the "All-American" aspect of food, (freedom fries, etc.) -- Usually, I'll take any kind of bun, grill it so it's a little crunchy, put ketchup and several slices of cheese over the patties. Yeah, well I'm done talking now.
        That's about right, a little lettuce sometimes, maybe salsa. But just a plain ole burger is perfect.

Comment

Medium rare . . .

Mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup, lettuce, tomato, onion.

No miracle whip , cheese, or bacon, please.

When do we eat??

-----

Comment

These food threads always make me hungry.......

.........Don't forget the pickles

Comment

Originally posted by JoviBronco
              .........Don't forget the pickles
              Awww, man! I did! I done forgot 'em!
              I want extra pickles with that, please!

-----

Comment

Memorial Day Weekend plans?

What are you doing for Memorial Day weekend? Hubby has to work so we are staying home, doing some yardwork and BBQ inbetween raindrops

Comment

Jovi, I'm graduating and getting drunk. Sounds like a plan, right?

Comment

Congrats!!

Originally posted by Broncology
                    Jovi, I'm graduating and getting drunk. Sounds like a plan, right?
                    Don't forget to eat some food Stay safe

Comment

Bummin' around the house tommorow, Barbecuing on monday at the in-laws.. ...the nice part about that is they have a canal in their backyard and I can go fishing...they also have a computer... (evil laugh)
                      I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by EMCF
                        That's about right, a little lettuce sometimes, maybe salsa. But just a plain ole burger is perfect.

I cannot believe that I haven't caught absolute hell from the Ketchup man himself for excluding his favorite condiment in the world's history...

Comment

Where is the garlic?
                          Gotta have some garlic, in powder form or diced in with the meat.

Comment

Well since I have to work Monday, Sunday is my holiday and I'll be grillin, drinking beer and wathing NASCAR.
                            Just another Sunday

Comment

Work.

-----

Comment

Working...
                              X