--- that inner voice ---

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• --- that inner voice ---

--- what is that little voice that is inside of us? --- does everyone have one? --- is it just a gut instinct or something more? --- is it our conscience speaking --- is it our spirit --- is it our soul? --- have you ever regretted going against your little voice's first advice? --- could this little voice be the common denominator of all mankind? --- always wondered about that mysterious little voice --- az

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

I think it's my concience. I always listen to it! I didnt used to, thats why I do now.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan
      --- what is that little voice that is inside of us? --- does everyone have one? --- is it just a gut instinct or something more? --- is it our conscience speaking --- is it our spirit --- is it our soul? --- have you ever regretted going against your little voice's first advice? --- could this little voice be the common denominator of all mankind? --- always wondered about that mysterious little voice --- az

I most definately have one...some say it is their ancestors speaking to them through the sub-conscious...some say angels...some say demons...some are diagnosed with Paranoid schizophrenia for telling others about it...

I'll call it my soul, for now...
      I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

Comment

I have met people who did not have that voice.

Comment

My biological father has about 5 or 10 of those little voices...and the Thorzine to prove it... ...maybe he lined-up again when they were handing them out...
          I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

Comment

I have never had any experience with any internal dialogue.

Most of thetime, I simply think to myself what are potential good and bad consequences for any major decision, and then pick one. Sometimes I am right, sometimes I am wrong.

But no little voices.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
            You should check these guys out

Comment

I have a little voice, it tells me to burn things.

Seriously though, I do have a little voice, the bastard is telling me what I should be doing right now and making me feel guilty as hell.

I hate that little voice.

Comment

The voice to me is the Super Ego vs. Id which equals your Ego.

Comment

I talk to myself all the time.

It's the only intelligent conversation I can have these days.

*Ba-dum-dum-ching*

Comment

It's not precisely an inner voice.... Are the pink elephants and want to attack me!!!!

The "inner voice" is just the voice of my own thoughts. My conscience tells me things with a slight pain in my stomach and trouble to breath for a couple of seconds...

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
                      I have never had any experience with any internal dialogue.

Most of thetime, I simply think to myself what are potential good and bad consequences for any major decision, and then pick one. Sometimes I am right, sometimes I am wrong.

But no little voices.
                      --- perhaps "little voice" was a poor choice --- i was not referring to a "dialog" or conversation with ones self --- or the vocal ramblings of a mentally disturbed person --- it is an inborn, instinctive, inherent, intuitive voice of reason --- it is inside all of us, and immediately we know the right thing to do --- how many times have you gone against your first instinct and later turned out to be wrong? --- i think this spirit within us is a link to all mankind, and if some how we all could join our spirits together, maybe we could make the world a better place --- az

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                      The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                      http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                      My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

Okay, this is going to make me sound a little... weird... to say the least, but sometimes I have conversations inside my head with that voice. There is me, and then there is the voice. And no, the voice is not the voice of reason. I am the voice of reason. The voice tells me alternatives to what I am doing, but it doesn't suggest that I do them. If I am out four-wheeling, the voice will tell me "You could hit that jump", but I have to respond with "No, it is too dangerous" or "My ATV can't handle it". It never makes me do anything that I don't want to do, because it really is me, just maybe a slightly more dangerous and more outgoing me. Maybe that voice is typing this right now. Since this post is not actually physical work or study, maybe the voice has a chance to shine through in communication.

[/THREADKILLER]
                        There's more to life than the Denver Broncos. Let me know when you find it.

Hear the dogs howling out of key, to a hymn called 'Faith and Misery' - Green Day

"If I can not bend heaven, I shall move Hell." - Vergil (Aeneid VII)

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan
                          --- perhaps "little voice" was a poor choice --- i was not referring to a "dialog" or conversation with ones self --- or the vocal ramblings of a mentally disturbed person --- it is an inborn, instinctive, inherent, intuitive voice of reason --- it is inside all of us, and immediately we know the right thing to do --- how many times have you gone against your first instinct and later turned out to be wrong? --- i think this spirit within us is a link to all mankind, and if some how we all could join our spirits together, maybe we could make the world a better place --- az

I can't say I have any instincts either. I generally overthink a lot of things.....according to my wife anyway.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                          You should check these guys out

Comment

hey

I have the voice.

A good example of it is the way they filmed Gollum, in The Two Towers!

That is how I get along with my little voice!
                            - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Working...
                            X