Idaho girl survives a horrible event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alastor
    That's "wagon" not "bandwagon" - and about two days so far.
    Oops. Sorry my bad. Yes, on the wagon.

I can tell by the tone of your posts.

Keep trying. I know its hard.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
    You should check these guys out

Comment

But, people could argue that if you made EVERYTHING legal, NOTHING would be a "crime", though the behavior could still be the same. For instance, Holland has legalized prostitution, so we have all these johns and hookers added to our "criminal" statistics that they don't even count! When you look at the numbers, all of a sudden, the US looks like a more lawless Society (ie, it has more "lawbreakers") though we might actually have a lower % of people having sex-for-pay.
      Okay, and that's great, but Europe is not comprised of third world nations, and they have crimes such as rape, child-molestation, etc over there too.

So your point is moot, since to the best of my knowledge their sex laws are quite similar to ours - and by the way, prostitution is not a sex crime, not even in the United States. I think it's a commerce crime actually - don't recall for sure though.

We're not comparing the numbers of solicited prostitutes. We're talking about rape and sexual assault - which is the same crime in Britain and France and the rest of Europe as it is here. Yet they have a far more sexually open society, and their rates for those crimes are substantially lower than ours.

And no, it's not that they lack the crimes of "rape" and "sexual assault" - they're not barbarians, and this ain't the African Sahara. I'm pretty sure rape is a crime even there though. Anyway, no need to go insulting the Europeans, or showing our own ignorance by implying that they live in anarchical societies. They have sex laws that are on par with ours. To imply otherwise is ill-informed and irresponsible.
      Last edited by Alastor; 07-09-2005, 06:11 PM.

Comment

There are exceptions to God's law? It's a "sometimes" thing? Explain this to me if you will.

Ask him yourself...
        I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

Comment

Ask him yourself...
          John, you know I admire you and respect you, so it pains me to point out what a cop-out response that was.

Comment

John, you know I admire you and respect you, so it pains me to point out what a cop-out response that was.

Well...."plant corn-get corn"...<---I like that saying...

Alright, I'll explain....

Any "God-fearing" person would like to believe that their faith in God and the word is strong and when their faith is challenged that they would act as Christ would...
            But I can PROMISE you that if some low-life raped my little boy and bludgeoned him to death with a hammer, that my patience for God's vengeance would be minimal...
            God would forgive me for the weak moment that caused the low-life's arrangement between himself and the ultimate judge...
            My punishment would be dealing with the consequences of my actions here, by man's laws first and then I too would answer to the ultimate judge...
            In summary, it is not God's laws that would be compromised, it would be my weakness of faith...

And I suggested that you ask God yourself for your own benefit, not as a cop-out...
            I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

Comment

Any "God-fearing" person would like to believe that their faith in God and the word is strong and when their faith is challenged that they would act as Christ would...
              But I can PROMISE you that if some low-life raped my little boy and bludgeoned him to death with a hammer, that my patience for God's vengeance would be minimal...
              God would forgive me for the weak moment that caused the low-life's arrangement between himself and the ultimate judge...
              My punishment would be dealing with the consequences of my actions here, by man's laws first and then I too would answer to the ultimate judge...
              In summary, it is not God's laws that would be compromised, it would be my weakness of faith...
              Ah... see? I knew there was a profound and consistent answer in there somewhere. While I disagree with your belief system, I think I have oft mentioned it as consistent when it comes to you, as opposed to most others. Congratulations for again impressing me.

And I suggested that you ask God yourself for your own benefit, not as a cop-out...
              Very cute. I'll pass, but relent.

Comment

Ah... see? I knew there was a profound and consistent answer in there somewhere. While I disagree with your belief system, I think I have oft mentioned it as consistent when it comes to you, as opposed to most others. Congratulations for again impressing me.
                Very cute. I'll pass, but relent.

I enjoy the inquiries, so keep them a-rollin'...

Sorry, if I made you believe that I was stone-walling you...it's not really me to do so..

as far as the pass...hey, you're a smart man, the choice is your own...

Comment

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...ssing_children

sadly it's confirmed...the girl was the only to survive......
                  Go Broncos, Capitals, and Orioles

Thanks SNK16

Comment

Working...
                  X