Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite Drink?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Isn't it actually proven that a sports drink is worse then soda for your teeth?

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by B4Bronco16
      Isn't it actually proven that a sports drink is worse then soda for your teeth?

      *SHRUG*

      Drink those very rarely. Might be.


      They aren't really meant to be substituted full time for milk, juice, or water, although lots of people do that.

      Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

      The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
      You should check these guys out

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Jared
        *SHRUG*

        Drink those very rarely. Might be.


        They aren't really meant to be substituted full time for milk, juice, or water, although lots of people do that.
        Lots of people also substitute pop full time. Cause one of my older friends, all his fridge had was case after case of Dr.Pepper. Now I know that isn't very healthy for you.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by BVP
          Lots of people also substitute pop full time. Cause one of my older friends, all his fridge had was case after case of Dr.Pepper. Now I know that isn't very healthy for you.

          Not only is the caffiene addictive, the extra sugar is bad for you and will make you put on weight. Sugar is a carb, and carbs in that excess get coverted to fat by the body if not burned.

          Not to mention that there is some correlation, although no hard proof, that excess carbonated beverages on your diet (like more then 3 a day) can not only be a fatcor in osteoporosis because it is substituted for milk at meals, but also can actually prevent your body from absorbing calcium. Which means you have to make it up somewhere, which a lot of people don't.


          Soda is evil.

          Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

          The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
          You should check these guys out

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by BVP
            Lots of people also substitute pop full time. Cause one of my older friends, all his fridge had was case after case of Dr.Pepper. Now I know that isn't very healthy for you.
            OMG, yeah he had like 7 pops a day or more. It was crazy.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Jared
              Not only is the caffiene addictive, the extra sugar is bad for you and will make you put on weight. Sugar is a carb, and carbs in that excess get coverted to fat by the body if not burned.

              Not to mention that there is some correlation, although no hard proof, that excess carbonated beverages on your diet (like more then 3 a day) can not only be a fatcor in osteoporosis because it is substituted for milk at meals, but also can actually prevent your body from absorbing calcium. Which means you have to make it up somewhere, which a lot of people don't.


              Soda is evil.
              Especially the diet soda. It has something in it called aspratam(sp) which is proven to cause cancer in rats, and rats organs are similar to ours....... Evil.....

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by B4Bronco16
                Especially the diet soda. It has something in it called aspratam(sp) which is proven to cause cancer in rats, and rats organs are similar to ours....... Evil.....

                Well, what they don;t tell you is that they give the rat the proportional equvalent fo you eating a truckload of aspertame. You would normally consume less than 10% of that in a lifetime.


                My wife looked that up in Med school. It was for a class on ethics. The people who submitted it to JAMA got it published, but were criticized for writing up that press release.

                The reasearch was sound. The misrepresentation of the research was not.

                Also, many sodas use Nutrasweet and are now switching to Splenda.


                Of course, to me, the whole concept of a diet soda is absurd. No sugar, very little calories, but it makes you feel full when you are not. So when you DO eat, you eat more than you should.

                Cutting soda out altogether is better.

                Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

                The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                You should check these guys out

                Comment


                • #23
                  Dont drink soda,drink alcohol

                  my favorite? hmm

                  bacardi coconut


                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Arizona Green Tea or Hot brewed green tea

                    -or-

                    Shiner Hefeweizen

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X