Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our friends from the U.K....

How are things today?

Will life be returning to normal ever or any time soon?

What is the general sentiment over there, 2 days later?

Please post on this, I would PM each and every one of you, but there are so many of you out there....

Thank you in advance for the replies...
    I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

My thoughts go out to all of my friends here frum the UK. I cant begin to describe my sorrow..........

Comment

they have been in my prayers also
      sigpic sig by Vulcan thanx buddy

Comment

they have been in my prayers also
        thats for me too.

Comment

God Bless.

Comment

I feel bad for them, especially the ones who died and their families... but after the last 4 years, I have to say that I am getting use to it... I wasn't at all shock that this happened... I think I was more surprised that it didnt happen sooner..

This is the world we live in now, no where is safe anymore...
            ---IZAAK

Comment

I cant speak for those in london, but from everything i have seen and from previous attacks on the capitol, things will mostly be back to normal, or as normal as can be now. tensions are still running high, but people are back using the subway lines that are open and bus routes that are going. The lines effected wont be open for some time as they are still dragging bodies out of the wreckage. I will let those closer to the incident give you a better idea of how things are going though.
              "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
              Ayrton Senna..

Comment

I've not been down to London myself, but from what I can gather, although people are maybe a little nervous, things are already pretty well getting back to normal.

As I understand it, the death toll is currently reported to be around the 50 mark, although all the bodies have not yet been recovered, due to the hazardous state of the tunnels. Other than the crime scenes themselves the Underground is running pretty well as normal.

The thing is that the UK and especially London have been through this in the not too distant past. OK this current mob are a bit more fanatical than the IRA were, and, although it hasn't been proven if it was 'suicide bombers' or not, it is virtually impossible to defend against an idiot wearing a semtex waistcoat, we managed to carry on with our lives then, and we'll be damned if we let the barstewards beat us now.

As I type this, the BBC are reporting that part of Birmingham City Centre is being evacuated due to 'intelligence' reports.

Hopefully it will be nothing, but as the IRA threatened once, 'The intelligence services have to be lucky all of the time, we (the bombers) only have to get lucky once'.
                The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
                BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
                You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

Thankfully i dont have to go into the centre tonight. Birmingham has been attacked in the past aswell. Two pub bombs that killed quite a few people. Hopefully its jsut some a'hole trying to pull a prank and nothing serious. Thankfully the area has been cleared, Broadstreet (the location of the threats) is a very busy place on saturday night, over 200 pubs clubs and bars in the space of 800 yards. thousands of people can be there on a saturday night.
                  "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
                  Ayrton Senna..

Comment

Glad your not involved Y2, I think I know the area you mean, although I've not been out in Brum for a few years. Have the local press said anymore, or is the info the same as the Beeb are putting out?

You'll Never Walk Alone

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Comment

Nothing locally. Just the same as the BBC. I havent seen or heard the police chopper so it must be localised to that specific area. Broadstreet also has the big wheel and symphony hall aswell as the main hotel where big name politicians and celebrities stay during visits.
                      Ayrton Senna..

Comment

Originally posted by y2cragie
                        Nothing locally. Just the same as the BBC. I havent seen or heard the police chopper so it must be localised to that specific area. Broadstreet also has the big wheel and symphony hall aswell as the main hotel where big name politicians and celebrities stay during visits.
                        Latest update from ITV news is that police have carried out a 'controlled explosion' on a bus, however the evacuation seems to be widened with the Chinese quarter being evacuated.

You'll Never Walk Alone

Comment

Well, I am glad that you two are ok.
                          sigpic

Comment

Yeah, uh...it sucked.

I haven't really read the news, I just know vaguely that 50 people are dead due to a bomb in London, so, yeah, sorry to hear that friends.

British citizens are like our first cousins. We feel for you when bad stuff happens.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                            You should check these guys out

Comment

I have been thinking about all of you , take care and hang in there.

Comment

Working...
                              X