Roommate Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roommate Wanted

Is anyone looking for a roommate in Denver by chance?

This is weird... I don't want you to pay rent. I want someone to take on the domestic aspects of my life. In exchange for taking care of the house, you get free room and board.

Examples include:

Feeding the pets
    Walking the dog
    Doing the laundry
    Doing the dishes
    Cleaning the house
    Running errands (suits to dry cleaners, etc)
    Helping me generally go through my crap and getting rid of things
    Organizing the house
    Decorating the house (straight male here, and the house shows it)

And... that's about it. People that can use a computer to do things like sell things on Ebay (old cards I want to get rid of, several thousand of them) and such would be a plus.

If you're interested, PM me and I'll send you a copy of my official ad that I placed on the net today.

If I lived and Denver and was 18+, i'd be your #1 Contender. Yet i'm 15 living in FL

Comment

Originally posted by West
      If I lived and Denver and was 18+, i'd be your #1 Contender. Yet i'm 15 living in FL
      You're not 15 yet youngin'.
      sigpic

Comment

At the risk of offending our female members.........

You need a wife Alastor!!

But not a wife like todays women. You need one from the 19th century!

Have a tried an ad in the Rocky?

Comment

Originally posted by JWinn

LOl yeah! An old fashioned battleaxe housekeeper would work a treat

Comment

Originally posted by JWinn

LMAO - we all thought it, JWinn, you just had the guts to say it

Comment

Yeah, essentially. Got me dead to rights there. I'm sorry, for as enlightened as my spirit is, I simply never learned to clean a house. I mean I can vacuum and such, but I don't know how to get stains out, and I don't do it well. I can do it to an okay level, but it's a lot of work for me. I can fix cars, I can handle money, I can raise kids (nieces and nephews prove this)... but I can't clean.

I guess underneath it all I'm not as modern as I think I am... so this is the next best option.

And no, I haven't tried an ad in the Rocky. I have put one on the net though and got three replies already.

Calif, thanks for your support! I wish you were old enough and nearby, because at least I have some vague notion of who you are and something in common. I am kind of nervous about sharing my personal space with someone as it is... to make it so that I don't know anything about them... spookier yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor

Calif, thanks for your support! I wish you were old enough and nearby, because at least I have some vague notion of who you are and something in common. I am kind of nervous about sharing my personal space with someone as it is... to make it so that I don't know anything about them... spookier yet.

I'm old enough just about 1,000 miles west of you, stuck here in the pro-footballess land of smog and sunshine

Comment

Oops. I thought you, Calif, left West's post!

Hahaha! Thanks, West!

And thank you, Calif. Sorry... I got confused for a second.

If you're interested, here's the ad I placed last night that already got three responses:

Here.

Comment

If you're interested, here's the ad I placed last night that already got three responses:

Here.
                    Cool ad Alastor! You should get lots of responses. It's really a great deal!!!

Waaaay too expensive to put that ad in the Rocky though!

Comment

Yeah.

They charge by the word or some such crap. It'd cost a frickin' fortune. Besides.... It's not like I need Mary Poppins... I just need someone that is willing and able to run a vacuum and push a mop once a week or so.

It ain't rocket science. I imagine damn near anyone could qualify.

Comment

Yeah.

They charge by the word or some such crap. It'd cost a frickin' fortune. Besides.... It's not like I need Mary Poppins... I just need someone that is willing and able to run a vacuum and push a mop once a week or so.

It ain't rocket science. I imagine damn near anyone could qualify.
                        Will you take my gran? She has a passion for cleaning and is pretty nifty for a ninety year old!

Comment

If she can give the cat his shots and make cleaner runs, we can discuss it.

Comment

If I were single and working in Denver, I'd be the dude. Seriously, because my field pays for crap, and I am anal retentive about cleaning.

And think of the intellectual conversations.

And all the completely normal single women I know who I could introduce you to if they visited.

Oh well.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                            You should check these guys out

Comment

Preciate the thoughts, Jared.

I got another response. I have one I'm leaning towards so far, but I haven't had a sit-down with any of them yet, so it's hard to say.

Comment

Working...
                              X