No announcement yet.

Roommate Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well congatulations, I hope your choice comes easy and works out well for you.
    sigpic sig by Vulcan thanx buddy

Comment

Me too.

I hate sharing space, but it needs to be done. I am very concerned with who moves in here... so I hope my judge of character stands true to its past performance.

And thank you.

Comment

Now Alastor I know you said football isn't an issue, but at least promise us if the person shows up in a Raiders shirt you'll slam the door

Comment

Now Alastor I know you said football isn't an issue, but at least promise us if the person shows up in a Raiders shirt you'll slam the door
          Oh, more than the door. They're likely to see my shotgun, or my foot in their ass, or a mushroom tattoo on their cheek to remember me by.

By the way, the 27 year old was incredibly impressive and fun to chat with a bit. I really liked her.

The web designer was offered a job in California this morning and bailed. I have a new response though, from a girl moving back to Colorado in two weeks. She's a vet's assistant so she could do wonders for the cat I'm sure.

There's also a gal named Katie that I'm interested in talking to, and the 19 year old college student comes over tomorrow.

Comment

I have a question.

Are you going to bother with any sort of lease or contract? Should you?

It seems to me that given the unusual circumstances, it might be in the interest of both parties for some sort of legal protection.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
            You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
              I have a question.

It seems to me that given the unusual circumstances, it might be in the interest of both parties for some sort of legal protection.
              That's a very important point Jared!!

Also, Alastor, are you the owner of this house, or a rentor? If you rent, you should consult your lease before proceeding. Some leases will prohibit you from subletting, even though your not really doing that here.

It depends on the landlord. But in a typical apartment, this would be considered subleasing, and a violation of the lease.

Houses can vary greatly though in terms of lease. But if you own, forget all that crap, lol.

Comment

No contract, nor should I in my view.

Also, Alastor, are you the owner of this house, or a rentor? If you rent, you should consult your lease before proceeding. Some leases will prohibit you from subletting, even though your not really doing that here.
                I rent it, which is to say I pay the mortgage (and then some) on the house, but my mom, uncle and aunt own it.

Comment

I would do a contract.

They slip in the shower or inject themselves with the cat's shot, you're getting sued.

Also, you need language that makes it clear your rights to evict. They are performing consideration in exchange for the right to live in your house. There needs to be terms governing the extent of the stay and the rules dictating the rights of both parties. You will absolutely lose if you try and evict them and they fight the eviction, claiming their "house work" unilaterally kicked in their right to live in the house another full month regardless of what you wish as the house owner.

And likely, they will want a contract as well for the same purposes. Nobody is going to live in someone's house and concede all their rights allowing for eviction for any purpose on a moment's notice. Not that you would do this, but strangers do not know you. And if they bring in their own furniture, they are certainly going to want legal protection against the possibiliy you lock them out and keep their stuff. I know I would.

Comment

Working...
                  X