Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever been in Danger?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Have you ever been in Danger?

    Have you? Where was it and what happend?

    From keeping this to be a "no", "no", "no" thread if you havent, have you ever saved anyone?

  • #2
    Yep, been in plenty of danger...

    One time when I was working at the bar...It was definitely a Saturday night, because my boss (The old-man) and a former bouncer named Brad had got into a brawl the night before with a group of guys from the bad part of a neighboring city...they fared very well...they came walking back into the bar laughing although they were banged up a little bit...the old-man started to break my stones because I wasn't out there fighting along side of him...I had no idea that he went outside and started a brawl with these guys...
    anyway...the following night I noticed a very large contingent (maybe 12) of big, very serious-looking boys from the bad part of a neighboring city positioned everywhere in the bar...standing with their arms crossed, staring at me when I was walking by...I told the old-man to call the Police as I had the most awful feeling of impending doom...he asked me if I was scared and I said yes without hesitation...He called, and about 10 minutes later, a half-dozen of Rome's finest came through the front door...and around 12 guys from the bad part of a neighboring city exited single file out of the side door...something very ugly was about to happen...
    I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Big Bad John
      Yep, been in plenty of danger...

      One time when I was working at the bar...It was definitely a Saturday night, because my boss (The old-man) and a former bouncer named Brad had got into a brawl the night before with a group of guys from the bad part of a neighboring city...they fared very well...they came walking back into the bar laughing although they were banged up a little bit...the old-man started to break my stones because I wasn't out there fighting along side of him...I had no idea that he went outside and started a brawl with these guys...
      anyway...the following night I noticed a very large contingent (maybe 12) of big, very serious-looking boys from the bad part of a neighboring city positioned everywhere in the bar...standing with their arms crossed, staring at me when I was walking by...I told the old-man to call the Police as I had the most awful feeling of impending doom...he asked me if I was scared and I said yes without hesitation...He called, and about 10 minutes later, a half-dozen of Rome's finest came through the front door...and around 12 guys from the bad part of a neighboring city exited single file out of the side door...something very ugly was about to happen...
      Wow.... that must of been scary. These guys just looking at you, man I would need a new change of boxers!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by B4Bronco16
        Wow.... that must of been scary. These guys just looking at you, man I would need a new change of boxers!


        Yeah, I thanked the old-man for getting in a fight the night before...I have to assume that they came for him and saw me as an obstacle...

        We never frisked at the door either...they could have had weapons...
        I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Big Bad John

          Yeah, I thanked the old-man for getting in a fight the night before...I have to assume that they came for him and saw me as an obstacle...

          We never frisked at the door either...they could have had weapons...
          Man You could of taken em BBJ!!!! lol........ cops..... pssss........ lol

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by B4Bronco16
            Man You could of taken em BBJ!!!! lol........ cops..... pssss........ lol


            There is a fine line between bravery and stupidity...I have been blessed with the ability to identify it and not cross it...
            I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Big Bad John

              There is a fine line between bravery and stupidity...I have been blessed with the ability to identify it and not cross it...
              lol, yeaaaaaa I'm Probably not there yet.

              Comment


              • #8
                A couple months ago me and some of my buddies were messing around in the field behind my use. We had cut a tennis ball in half, and filled it/soaked it in gasoline. (yeah, I know, we're dumb ) My friend then lit the tennis ball in his hand and dropped it to the ground. We started to get bored so one of us kicked it across the field, and the ball set the entire field on fire. I believe our actual dialog went something like this.

                "Hahahaha.... wait... OH SH*T!!"

                We immediately ripped off our hoodies and started beating the flames, with new flames growing all around us. We had quite a bit of gasoline on our clothes, hands, etc., so we tried to beat out the flames without getting too close. After ten minutes or so we extinguished the flames and walked away with nothing more that a few charred hoodies, some singed hair, and burnt skin. It could have easily been a lot worse.
                Last edited by FanFromMichigan; 07-13-2005, 04:51 PM.
                There's more to life than the Denver Broncos. Let me know when you find it.

                Hear the dogs howling out of key, to a hymn called 'Faith and Misery' - Green Day

                "If I can not bend heaven, I shall move Hell." - Vergil (Aeneid VII)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Almost got my head taken off by a stop sign while riding a four wheeler wit a friend, hit some gravel, the 4 wheeler slid of the rode, did a flip onto us, an as we flipped, the stop sign was about 6 inches from my head
                  Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                  Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                  Tweet me @JoRo_5551

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I have been in the vicinity of gunfire.

                    I have been jumped and beat up.

                    I once had what I assumed to be gun pointed at me, but since it was hidden, it could have just been a hand in a pocket.

                    Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

                    The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                    You should check these guys out

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      One time my dad and I were fishing and 2 baby moose stepped out on one side of us, and then the mom stepped on the other side..And if you dont know about moose, YOU NEVER EVER WANT TO GET IN BETWEEN THE MOM MOOSE AND HER BABY MOOSE!!!NEVER!! THEY WILL CHARGE YOU! Luckily for us we didnt get charged..But I was pretty scared..As I was only like 8 years old..

                      Uhmm..One time I was driving my four wheeler on this trail..And it was early spring, so there was still some snow on the ground, and it was really icy, because the snow would melt and then freeze..Well, I was going up this really steep hill, that was really slippery..I wondered how I should go up it, if I should go slow, or if I should just gun it..Well, I decided to gun it, and I got about 3/4 of the way up and then I just felt myself go back, and the hill was on a cliff, and I slid about 30-40 feet backwards with a cliff on the side that I was falling..Luckily right on the edge of hill, there was a grass and dirt patch that my wheels caught onto and it stopped me..But if there wasnt any grass tehre and it was all ice, I think its safe to say, I would not be sitting here telling this story right now..

                      One time, a couple years ago..My friend and I were trying to cross this street to get to McDonalds..And we were waiting for the White man walking sign to come up, but it wouldnt..We probably waited there for about 10 minutes or so..Then all of a sudden we saw this car crash right in front of us, and we saw a small S-10 coming straight at us..We ran out of the way, and the truck smashed right into the stop light pole where we were standing at..

                      Many more..But not enough time..
                      WE ARE WHO THEY THOUGHT WE WERE

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Was in the front seat of a car that was tore in half by a semi, but I was only a baby at the time.

                        Was almost impaled when falling off my bike going down a hill, missing the pole by mere inches.

                        Almost drowned with plenty of people around me to help, but nobody did. I saved my own ass simply by scrambling my body into an unknown direction which turned out to be a stair. Was probably four or so at the time. There were about five people in the pool and about ten outside of it talking to one another in lawn chairs. Apparently no one heard my screams.

                        Was once between two semis on the freeway (myself in a car). One decided to change lanes (into mine). I put on the brakes and got the hell out of there. Never been so scared in my life.

                        Some other things aswell that really don't need mentioning here.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I have had a gun pointed in my face.

                          There was this bar in town that me and my friends use to go to all the time so we knew the bartenders very well. One night some drunken idiot started throwing beer mugs. We decided we would help the bartender kick him out since he had no help. The guy pulled a knife and stabbed one of my friends before we subdued him.

                          And two weekends ago my friend was attacked in the back alley of a bar. The guy that attacked him passed me up and decided to attack my friend instead. He threw a brick in his face, which broke his nose, then proceeded to stomp on him while he was on the ground and broke his leg and hand. I just ended up getting punched in the jaw for trying to get this a** off of my friend.

                          And the Omaha cops did nothing about any of these incidents. I love this town.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            You should've picked up a nearby object (since you were in an alley) and just let that guy have it.

                            Then again I don't really know. Fights are scary, hard to think. Personally I probably would've strangled that guy with my arm or something. Not to death, of course, but enough to put him out of action.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I have been given full control of an aircraft i would say so
                              Seriously though. Nothing serious couple of gang related incidents. Thankfully they were young and i can look after myself. I saved my sister once from being dragged under a train she was right on the edge of the platform when a freight train came flying through, i managed to pull her away just as it was going past. Was lucky not to be taken along myself.
                              "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
                              Ayrton Senna..

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X