Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Back to school soon!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Back to school soon!

    I just went and scheduled my classes for the fall sememster... I can't believe it is only like 5 weeks away...

    Here is what I am taking:

    Europe History

    Africa History

    Intro to Historical Research

    Abnormal Psychology

    Philosophy of Religion


    The best news about it is that fact that I fit my classes around my work schedule so I do not have to quit my job now...

    Is anyone else going to college in the fall? If so what are you taking...
    ---IZAAK

  • #2
    I took philosophy of religion and it was horrible!!! Intro. to theOld Testament...it wasn't so much the subject matter that stunk..after all, i knew what i was getting myself into beforehand..but it was a 101 class, yet a good 85% of the class musta known the O.T. by heart!

    "The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by NJBRONCOSFAN
      I took philosophy of religion and it was horrible!!! Intro. to theOld Testament...it wasn't so much the subject matter that stunk..after all, i knew what i was getting myself into beforehand..but it was a 101 class, yet a good 85% of the class musta known the O.T. by heart!

      How was your teacher though? I have found that, that has alot to do with it... I didnt think this is a 101 class, I left my schedule print out in my car so I cant check... Either way I am looking forward to it...
      ---IZAAK

      Comment


      • #4
        Are those history classes melded together in anyway? Or completely seperate?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by NameUsedBefore2
          Are those history classes melded together in anyway? Or completely seperate?
          They are two seperate classes...

          It is actually:

          Africa and the Atlantic World

          Europe and the World

          They are 100 level classes that are required.
          ---IZAAK

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by IZAAK
            How was your teacher though? I have found that, that has alot to do with it... I didnt think this is a 101 class, I left my schedule print out in my car so I cant check... Either way I am looking forward to it...
            Oh, you're definitely right...subject matter is as interesting or as boring as a professor makes it.
            However, it's very intimidating when you're learning a subject that those around you have been studying for most of their life while you don't know anything, esp. when it comes to the dreaded 'raising your hand to ask a question'.

            "The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

            Comment


            • #7
              There are a lot of pretty intense bible thumpers around here, hell, even I know a fair share. So you have a pretty big resource to help you along.

              Comment


              • #8
                Your lucky. My classes start in 3 weeks. August 1st. I'll be in some intense classes for a Sophmore, such as: Algebra 2, Junior class (should be Algebra 2 Honors but my Geometry Honors teacher last year thought it would be better for me due to a lot of homework in Honors and I got football and everything) and Astronomy(Junior and Senior Class) I DON'T WANNA GO BACK!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Algebra, IMO, is a helluva lot easier than Geometry. Geometry has more options for the future though, in terms of applying it to life. Still, Algebra has always been easier for me simply because I'm a number cruncher.

                  Astronomy could be hell or heaven, really. That class depends on the teacher: one could make it very fun and interesting (what is not to be interested about, really?) or one could make it just as boring and dull.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    i got 6 weeks left. And im going to try to make it the best 6 weeks of my life
                    Blet

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      West, man, you don't know how good you have it (even though you're starting school way early!), i'm going in for my second half of third year mechanical engineering, i'm taking:
                      Vibrations Analysis
                      Digital Control Systems
                      Economics
                      Heat and Mass Transfer
                      Advanced Mechanics of Fluids
                      and Mechanical Synthesis


                      Algebra doesn't look so bad now, does it?

                      I like my defensive tackles like I like my women: well over 300 lbs.
                      ABWRFRC

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by PRBronco
                        West, man, you don't know how good you have it (even though you're starting school way early!), i'm going in for my second half of third year mechanical engineering, i'm taking:
                        Vibrations Analysis
                        Digital Control Systems
                        Economics
                        Heat and Mass Transfer
                        Advanced Mechanics of Fluids
                        and Mechanical Synthesis


                        Algebra doesn't look so bad now, does it?
                        Wow I guess I do have it pretty good compared to you. But with football and all those classes in the same semester, I guess I have it pretty bad but nothing compared to you.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by NameUsedBefore2
                          Algebra, IMO, is a helluva lot easier than Geometry. Geometry has more options for the future though, in terms of applying it to life. Still, Algebra has always been easier for me simply because I'm a number cruncher.

                          Astronomy could be hell or heaven, really. That class depends on the teacher: one could make it very fun and interesting (what is not to be interested about, really?) or one could make it just as boring and dull.
                          The Alegbra class i'm taking next year is version 2 of Algebra 1 which I took in 8th grade. This class is very tough and is a Junior class. IMO Geometry was real easy until we got to Trig.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Please don't remind me about school. I BEG U!
                            Ultimate Thread Killer!!!


                            Sig above made by me!


                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Well, I didn't have much trouble with Geometry throughout, but I still consider Algebra to be easier simply because of the numbers game that is being played. Geometry... I found that if you didn't miss any of the classes or at least always stayed up to date it was much easier. Everytime I lagged behind I struggled until I thouroghly caught up. Then again, that's how it is with almost all classes --- but math almost demands that you stay up to date.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X