Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insomnia

Anyone else have this?

I do. And it is bad. I usually just stay and try to let sleep come to me instead of chasing after it like a flush-draw in poker but blah, it rarely comes when I need it to. I've started a little log in a nearby notebook to pass the time. I've drawn up a "story board" of sorts for a story I plan to start writing eventually and I also write down notes and little cartoons expressing my ideas. I once sketched an entire tank in pencil which took over three or so hours.

Damn insomnia sucks. It's like opening up my artistic side, with a cost. The real bad part is is that I'm flat TIRED during all of this. Yet, I never fall asleep. What really sucks is that when it gets bad I think I've actually been asleep but the whole time the "dreams" I thought I was having were mere ventures into insanity (sleep deprivation does that to you).

<--- illustration of what I look like "dreaming".

I go through it for about two weeks once a year. Just came out of the last spell. I don't know what causes it, but it's miserable. I could not go to services one Saturday because I had been awake all night, and I was a mess. It's the pits, that's for sure.

-----

Comment

I do not have it, but I have had self inflicted insomnia... Mainly from speed and LSD... When I was even more stupid then I am now...

This is what I do...

Close your eyes, think of a destination (i.e. the mall, friends house, etc) make it a good distince away... then pretend like you are driving to that destination and envision the road the entire way there...

I dont know if you understand what I mean or not, but it always worked for me...
      ---IZAAK

Comment

Originally posted by IZAAK
        I do not have it, but I have had self inflicted insomnia... Mainly from speed and LSD... When I was even more stupid then I am now...

This is what I do...

Close your eyes, think of a destination (i.e. the mall, friends house, etc) make it a good distince away... then pretend like you are driving to that destination and envision the road the entire way there...

I dont know if you understand what I mean or not, but it always worked for me...
        Yes, Izaak, I hope you are smarter now.

-----

Comment

I went to work this morning and while typing some info into a computer I realized time had passed about thirty minutes, and when I looked at the computer half of what needed being done was done. I realized I simply fizzled out and finished half the job while in a state easily described as being "gone".

Kinda like reading a chapter in a book without actually reading it but instead having your mind wonder while your eyes simply acknowledge the passing words.

Comment

Originally posted by NameUsedBefore2
            Kinda like reading a chapter in a book without actually reading it but instead having your mind wonder while your eyes simply acknowledge the passing words.
            I do that all the time... I hate it... It take me forever to read just because of that simple fact...
            ---IZAAK

Comment

Me too. And even though I love to write, I've never really enjoyed reading all that much unless it is horror-writing (Barker, King, Lovercraft) or history. Everything else is just... blah.

Anyway, I'm off to bed to see what happens tonight.

Comment

I am some what smarter now, but not completely smart yet... The LSD is a long gone phase, but the speed greaps back in there everyonce and a while... Addication can be tough...
                ---IZAAK

Comment

Originally posted by NameUsedBefore2
                  Anyone else have this?

I do. And it is bad. I usually just stay and try to let sleep come to me instead of chasing after it like a flush-draw in poker but blah, it rarely comes when I need it to. I've started a little log in a nearby notebook to pass the time. I've drawn up a "story board" of sorts for a story I plan to start writing eventually and I also write down notes and little cartoons expressing my ideas. I once sketched an entire tank in pencil which took over three or so hours.

Damn insomnia sucks. It's like opening up my artistic side, with a cost. The real bad part is is that I'm flat TIRED during all of this. Yet, I never fall asleep. What really sucks is that when it gets bad I think I've actually been asleep but the whole time the "dreams" I thought I was having were mere ventures into insanity (sleep deprivation does that to you).

<--- illustration of what I look like "dreaming".

I just went through a bout and couldn;t figure out why.

I thought maybe the stress of being a seperated parent had finally gotten to me.

But in reviewing what I changed, I switched from my usual daily supplement vitamin (one a day) to a generic, thinking that they are all basically the same. NOpe. I went back to one-a-day, and it went away. I suspect it is the guarana. One a day doesn't have that. I looked it up. 220 milligrams of caffiene, or the equivalent of a large cup of coffee. So, I was essentially getting an extra cup of coffee a day, and it was screwing me up.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                  You should check these guys out

Comment

The only time I've ever had it was when I was going through my divorce and it was horrible. I never really understood it before but ever since then I have the utmost sympathy for people who suffer from it.

Comment

Never had much of a problem sleeping... between working 60 hour a week, running and lifting weights pretty intensely...

I sleep like a rock too...
                      I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

Comment

Working...
                      X