Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cell phone ring tones

i've got 2 questions:

1. have any of you ever downloaded ringtones off a web site? if so, did it work? did you end up getting lots of telemarketer calls? i was looking to get one off a site where you call and enter some code and then your phone downloads it. but basically i want to know whether those sites are legit.

2. whats your ringtone right now? currently mine is a really annoying song called "hat dance"
    sigpic
    go broncos
    share the sidewalk
    liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Mine is just set on vibrate. i have actual music ones on it but i work alot so i just leave it on vibrate

Comment

Home-brewed techno beat that sounds like something I could've downloaded.

(My cell has some sort of DJ mixer on it)

Comment

mine is
        Some Cut-Trillville

Comment

1- I download my ringtones through a built-in program on my phone. It costs $1.99 a tone and works very well. I have never downloaded a ringtone off of a web page so I don't know if they are legit or if they are not.

2- I have two ringtones on my phone. I have Holiday - Green Day (for incoming calls) and Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd (for voice mail).
          There's more to life than the Denver Broncos. Let me know when you find it.

Hear the dogs howling out of key, to a hymn called 'Faith and Misery' - Green Day

"If I can not bend heaven, I shall move Hell." - Vergil (Aeneid VII)

Comment

My phone just makes one singular beep that sounds like a bell.

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

im cheap.

and lazy.

i still got what the phone came with.

Asian Jingle...(chopsticks)...yeah buddy....lol

Comment

Mine is a weird speed up version of Moonlight sonata by Beethoven...

I got it right off my phone, there is a way to buy them without going on lne... I have never recieved a telemarketer call ever... Do they actually do that?
                ---IZAAK

Comment

I just purchased a new Cell Phone. I am thinking if i should "Buy" a ring tone. I could do it right of my phone. But i found a free one in the mix of the ones you have to buy some techno kinda thing.

Comment

Originally posted by IZAAK
                    I got it right off my phone, there is a way to buy them without going on lne... I have never recieved a telemarketer call ever... Do they actually do that?
                    yeah i can surf for some on my phone, but then it costs per minute surfing and the selection of cingular rings isn't extensive. plus, the one i'm thinking about getting is a bit obscure (theme song for a japanese tv show). i don't know whether using the site would result in telemarketer calls or not, thats what i'm trying to figure out, but the sites seem a bit shady to me.

one of the main ways telemarketers get number is when ppl sign up for drawings for cars/trips etc. same w/ spam email. the ring tone site seems like it would be a good way too, since you have to call them up. but who knows.
                    sigpic
                    go broncos
                    share the sidewalk

Comment

Originally posted by mattos
                      yeah i can surf for some on my phone, but then it costs per minute surfing and the selection of cingular rings isn't extensive. plus, the one i'm thinking about getting is a bit obscure (theme song for a japanese tv show). i don't know whether using the site would result in telemarketer calls or not, thats what i'm trying to figure out, but the sites seem a bit shady to me.

one of the main ways telemarketers get number is when ppl sign up for drawings for cars/trips etc. same w/ spam email. the ring tone site seems like it would be a good way too, since you have to call them up. but who knows.

I would be less worried about telemarketers than I would about a monthly contract. Sometimes those guys stick you into a monthly contract so you pay like $2 a month to them. -_-

If you have a motorola that can take mp3's, a usb cable and some software I could send you = free ringtones

Comment

Originally posted by dontfeedthenerd
                        I would be less worried about telemarketers than I would about a monthly contract. Sometimes those guys stick you into a monthly contract so you pay like $2 a month to them. -_-

If you have a motorola that can take mp3's, a usb cable and some software I could send you = free ringtones
                        monthly contract! yeah that makes sense. my phone isn't a motorola and it isn't that good anyway - just polyphonic rings. thx for the offer though.
                        sigpic
                        go broncos
                        share the sidewalk

Comment

monthly contract! yeah that makes sense. my phone isn't a motorola and it isn't that good anyway - just polyphonic rings. thx for the offer though.
                          Just be careful, read the fine print.

My phone's actually pretty sweet, plays MP3's so I have different clips from different songs for different people.

My Mom, I have the funeral March
                          My gf, Everything by Lifehouse
                          My friends, I have Ocean Avenue by Yellowcard
                          My Professor, I have the Peter Gunn theme

I switch it up every so often if I'm bored.

Comment

i've got 2 questions:

1. have any of you ever downloaded ringtones off a web site? if so, did it work? did you end up getting lots of telemarketer calls? i was looking to get one off a site where you call and enter some code and then your phone downloads it. but basically i want to know whether those sites are legit.

2. whats your ringtone right now? currently mine is a really annoying song called "hat dance"

1) nope,

2) uh...just a doubled up "beep beep.' Usually, its on vibrate. I only have it on ring in the car so that I can hear over the baby's babbling and the radio.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                            You should check these guys out

Comment

I've never downloaded any ringtones, but I've used this "Get it Now" thing on my phone. It's like two bucks for a ringtone. I've got Mobb Deep - Shook Ones Part II.

Comment

Working...
                              X