sharing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Bad John
    How did you find God, was it your parents or did you seek Christ on your own...?

Very good question Aaron, I went to sunday school a bit with friends as a kid, but then nothing after that. I have always believed in God but just never attended a church, I don't know why, I have no excuse. A couple years after I got married, My wife went with her daughter a few times and asked me to join them. I went once but was not real comfortable there. It was then that my wife started looking for a church closer to our house. She found the Community Alliance church a couple blocks away, tried it, liked it and asked my to try again. I have gone every week since.
    From the time I walked in I felt a comfort come over me, I felt I belonged there. Within the first 6 months I had asked Christ into my heart, got baptised, and became a member of the church. Since then I have joined many small groups in the church including the mens ministry group I'm in now. God has also been working in me too. I have always been quiet and reserved, but He has called me forward to pray for others during alter calls, and after talking to my pastor and his wife, we feel that God may also be preparing me for Eldership in the church. It has been a very rewarding experience since coming to Christ, and am looking forward to whatever else it is that He has in store for me.

Thank you again for asking, I always enjoy telling people how He has moved me.

How about you, were you raised with God or did you find him later?
    sigpic sig by Vulcan thanx buddy

Comment

Originally posted by AzBroncoFan67
      Very good question Aaron, I went to sunday school a bit with friends as a kid, but then nothing after that. I have always believed in God but just never attended a church, I don't know why, I have no excuse. A couple years after I got married, My wife went with her daughter a few times and asked me to join them. I went once but was not real comfortable there. It was then that my wife started looking for a church closer to our house. She found the Community Alliance church a couple blocks away, tried it, liked it and asked my to try again. I have gone every week since.
      From the time I walked in I felt a comfort come over me, I felt I belonged there. Within the first 6 months I had asked Christ into my heart, got baptised, and became a member of the church. Since then I have joined many small groups in the church including the mens ministry group I'm in now. God has also been working in me too. I have always been quiet and reserved, but He has called me forward to pray for others during alter calls, and after talking to my pastor and his wife, we feel that God may also be preparing me for Eldership in the church. It has been a very rewarding experience since coming to Christ, and am looking forward to whatever else it is that He has in store for me.

Thank you again for asking, I always enjoy telling people how He has moved me.

How about you, were you raised with God or did you find him later?

I was raised with Christ...I actually attended a "Christian" school for Kindergarten...My philosophy is this...I like to spread the word through my actions...I am very firm in my beliefs that Jesus Christ died for our sins and the least that we can do is exalt him by putting concerted effort into which direction our lives are headed...I regret to admit that I have not attended a church service in many, many years...I have been working on Sundays for the past 6 years...I am feeling that the Lord has plans for me upcoming, which will allow me to better serve God and reacquaint with my fellowship...
      In the mean time, I fight the good fight and use the talents that are God-given to exalt Christ through my actions...
      I am very adamant that my sons will know the Lord as well...one of my favorite scriptures is: "...and all of your sons will be taught of the Lord, and the well-being of your sons will be great..."

What is your favorite scripture and why...?
      I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

Comment

I was raised with Christ...I actually attended a "Christian" school for Kindergarten...My philosophy is this...I like to spread the word through my actions...I am very firm in my beliefs that Jesus Christ died for our sins and the least that we can do is exalt him by putting concerted effort into which direction our lives are headed...I regret to admit that I have not attended a church service in many, many years...I have been working on Sundays for the past 6 years...I am feeling that the Lord has plans for me upcoming, which will allow me to better serve God and reacquaint with my fellowship...
        In the mean time, I fight the good fight and use the talents that are God-given to exalt Christ through my actions...
        I am very adamant that my sons will know the Lord as well...one of my favorite scriptures is: "...and all of your sons will be taught of the Lord, and the well-being of your sons will be great..."

What is your favorite scripture and why...?

The Assurance of Victory

1 Corinthians 10:13 - No Temptation has seized you except what is common to man, and God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear.But when you are tempted, He will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

Because it remindes me that through God I will prevail no matter what is put before me.

Comment

The Assurance of Victory

1 Corinthians 10:13 - No Temptation has seized you except what is common to man, and God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear.But when you are tempted, He will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

Because it remindes me that through God I will prevail no matter what is put before me.

Look for CP around 3am EST...Midnight Az time...

If you could ask Jesus Christ (the man) one question, what would it be...?
          I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

Comment

Look for CP around 3am EST...Midnight Az time...

If you could ask Jesus Christ (the man) one question, what would it be...?

thats hard, cause there's so many ?s. probably would ask Him, how does He find the strength to resist the enemies attacks and temptations, and how could I be more like Him.

same question to you BBJ, I'm curious to how you would answer that

Comment

thats hard, cause there's so many ?s. probably would ask Him, how does He find the strength to resist the enemies attacks and temptations, and how could I be more like Him.

same question to you BBJ, I'm curious to how you would answer that

I would ask him how satisfying it is to feed multitudes, heal the sick, raise the dead and exist as a beacon of hope for all humanity...

I would be more than interested to hear that response...

Another question would be, when his return will be...

Describe your physical appearance...

Comment

Describe your physical appearance...
                150 lbs, 5'11" slim build, brown hair(well a little grey setting in ) full beard(since 17) without a shirt on, I slightly resemble some sort of primate (lots of body hair, but my wife likes it)

I seen your pic, but it doesn't tell a lot. Describe yourself, and do you think your boys will be built like you?

Comment

150 lbs, 5'11" slim build, brown hair(well a little grey setting in ) full beard(since 17) without a shirt on, I slightly resemble some sort of primate (lots of body hair, but my wife likes it)

I seen your pic, but it doesn't tell a lot. Describe yourself, and do you think your boys will be built like you?

LOL (on the body hair)
                  I am 6' 2" and around 250 lbs, light brown hair with "widow's peaks"...I am a weightlifter, not a very hairy fellow, I used to wear a goatee, but I have been persuing a job in Law enforcement, so I shave often...I fully intend to post an updated photo in the very near future...

My 6 year old, Ethan is very tall..he is starting to fill out and may rival me is stature one day...

My 3 year old Isaac is small and compact, but he has inherited my belligerence to the T...

I know how much work it has taken me to acquire my size, so there are no expectations for my kids...

So, you're a cook? I used to be a great cook and an aspiring chef...Do you like your job...?

Comment

So, you're a cook? I used to be a great cook and an aspiring chef...Do you like your job...?
                    Well, not like I used to, after 20 years of it, it has taken it's toll on me. My knees really bother me at times and my sinuses are messed up from breathing the greasy air all the time. Not bragging, but I am the best cook at every place I've worked, and have been taken advantage of for it as well. I enjoy it at times but nothing like I used to. I think I need to start looking for a different line of work before my attitude starts to wither my natural work ethics.

What drives you to get into the law enforcement field?

Comment

Well, not like I used to, after 20 years of it, it has taken it's toll on me. My knees really bother me at times and my sinuses are messed up from breathing the greasy air all the time. Not bragging, but I am the best cook at every place I've worked, and have been taken advantage of for it as well. I enjoy it at times but nothing like I used to. I think I need to start looking for a different line of work before my attitude starts to wither my natural work ethics.

What drives you to get into the law enforcement field?

Set an example for my sons...

Because I love helping out...

Because God has given me the talent physically and intellectually to peform (his) work in a special way...

I gotta go to Wal-Mart...be back later...

partng question...

if you could live anywhere in the continental US other than Az, where...?

Comment

if you could live anywhere in the continental US other than Az, where...?

Probably back near the mountains in Wyoming where I'm originally from, I miss the mountains there.

How about you, other than NY?

Comment

Probably back near the mountains in Wyoming where I'm originally from, I miss the mountains there.

How about you, other than NY?

Definitely Virginia...I haven't been anywhere other than the East Coast and Canada...I have been as far West as Erie, Pennsylvania...so I'm somewhat limited in my repertoir...

I saw something about 6 kids in your profile...how old, how many boys/girls, all adopted?

Comment

I saw something about 6 kids in your profile...how old, how many boys/girls, all adopted?
                            All 6 adopted on Nov. 12 last year. Ashlyn 2.5 yrs, Alison 4 yrs, Malik 5 yrs, Sabrina 8 yrs, Stacey 9 yrs and Scott 10.5 yrs. All are siblings, same mother but 3 different dads. They are also my wifes natural grandchildren. But they are ours now 2 boys and 4 girls overnight

Comment

All 6 adopted on Nov. 12 last year. Ashlyn 2.5 yrs, Alison 4 yrs, Malik 5 yrs, Sabrina 8 yrs, Stacey 9 yrs and Scott 10.5 yrs. All are siblings, same mother but 3 different dads. They are also my wifes natural grandchildren. But they are ours now 2 boys and 4 girls overnight

Is Eight enough...? (Pun)

Comment

Is Eight enough...? (Pun)

more than, because every other weekend I have my two girls here. Ages 13 and 15

Comment

Working...
                                X