What happens when a member dies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happens when a member dies?

all these people leaving and saying bye has got me thinking about the folks who just stop showing up. Are they dead? Do they just never wanna talk to us again?
    Do you have anyone who'll come by and inform the crowd? maybe we should work that into our will or something like that.
    A lot of my friends know I post on here, but I never did tell any of them to come on here and tell people of my passing if it occurs while I'm an active member.
    Do any of you ever wonder about this kind of stuff?

The earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens
    Baha'u'llah

"Everyone takes turns making mistakes in poker. The trick is to skip your turn."
    Mike Caro

"The all-in play works every time but once"

You can observe a lot just by watching.
    Yogi Berra

every year.

Originally posted by Uula Bear
    Do you have anyone who'll come by and inform the crowd?
    ha, no but maybe i should put that in my will.

fyi, were i to fail to post for, say, a month or more, you can assume i'm dead.
    sigpic
    go broncos
    share the sidewalk
    liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

yeah, you'd prob have to wait a little longer for me, I remember this last spring when I was never on. I really missed this place though and thought about you guys a lot I think I'll tell one of my barts to inform everyone of my passing...I just hope he and I don't perish together

The earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens
      Baha'u'llah

"Everyone takes turns making mistakes in poker. The trick is to skip your turn."
      Mike Caro

"The all-in play works every time but once"

You can observe a lot just by watching.
      Yogi Berra

every year.

Comment

I faked my MB death a few months ago, didn't go over too well.

Comment

Last year someone created a thread about a member that had passed.

Don't know if any of you guys remember her or not, but here it is.

I'd hope someone would do it for me... and bury me with my Rod Smith jersey too.
          Winter is Coming!

Comment

Originally posted by Uula Bear
            all these people leaving and saying bye has got me thinking about the folks who just stop showing up. Are they dead? Do they just never wanna talk to us again?
            Do you have anyone who'll come by and inform the crowd? maybe we should work that into our will or something like that.
            A lot of my friends know I post on here, but I never did tell any of them to come on here and tell people of my passing if it occurs while I'm an active member.
            Do any of you ever wonder about this kind of stuff?
            funny you should post this, I was thinking the same thing a couple days ago
            sigpic sig by Vulcan thanx buddy

Comment

Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan
              Last year someone created a thread about a member that had passed.

Don't know if any of you guys remember her or not, but here it is.

I'd hope someone would do it for me... and bury me with my Rod Smith jersey too.

Oh my god! I never saw that! I remember her, but I thought she just left

I disappear a lot. School gets in the way really.
              sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Originally posted by mattos
                ha, no but maybe i should put that in my will.

fyi, were i to fail to post for, say, a month or more, you can assume i'm dead.
                i suppose thats the same here aswell
                SPORT IS LIKE PHOTOGRAPHY,...IF YOU DONT FOCUS,YOU JUST GET NEGATIVES

Born-1990
                Got ipod- 2004

Oh! this one time i saw a blimp!

Comment

Yeah, I was thinking about that a month or so ago. Don't know, really...

Comment

I know what it is like.

Over on Dawgtalk there was a person called Ravenkiller. He was a young boy with leukemia, I believe. He posted a lot on there then passed away. His sign-in name was officially retired on the board and he was honored at one of the halftime shows during a game a few years back.
                    The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

That's pretty classy for the Browns to honor that guy that way Dawgfan.

I also have thought about this from time to time, especially after that one thread.

Honestly, we will probably never know when one of us passes. If a spouse or parent decides thinks to let us know, that would be nice, but really, how many people are going to think that telling US is a priority? Not too many I bet. Surviviors will have their hands busy with other things.

I've talked about people leaving here recently, in another forum. The reality is that most of us will at some point move on. We move, get married, have kids, go to college, get a job, whatever. It's likely that at one point, YOU will decide you've had enough of this, and find something else to occupy your time. Same goes for me.

I used to participate in a pro football chat on MSN years ago. After about a year, I was made one of their Hosts, kinda like a mod here. More like a policeman really, lol. After a year of kicking people out (temporarily) and banning them, I decided I had had enough, and just left.

Anyway, my point is that we all move on in life, at different speeds. This place is a lot of fun most of the time, but like almost anything in life, it's temporary also.

Comment

I to have thought about this many times,and i finally decided to do something about it.I have designated a few members of my family and few friends as my messenger.When the time comes for my passing,they all have been instructed on what to say and whom to inform and my extended family here on the Broncos Boards will be notified in a timely manner.I was born a Bronco fan in 1972 and I will die a Bronco fan when my time comes.

KICKERS : THE UNSUNG HEREOS OF THE GAME!!
                        sig.by Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by JWinn
                          That's pretty classy for the Browns to honor that guy that way Dawgfan.
                          Here is a link to a story about him if you want to read:

Cleveland Browns Home: The official source of the latest Browns headlines, news, videos, photos, tickets, rosters, stats, schedule, and gameday information

THIRD: ClevelandBrowns.com is the number one sports team website in America for lots of reasons; interactivity is one of them. For every Butch Davis interview, Tim Couch sound clip and Zac Jackson article, fans have a chance to react, discuss and ask questions. One of the website’s most popular features is the “Dawg Talk” message board area, a forum for armchair quarterbacks and curious fanatics everywhere.

It takes a lot of people to make “Dawg Talk” work as well as it does. And many of those people have used the forum to carve a niche, establish an identity, and make their voice not only heard, but also remembered. The Dawg Talkers are a family of sorts, and this weekend they’re honoring one of their own: Raven Killer.

Raven Killer is the handle used by James Kelly, a teen Dawg Talker who, obviously, wasn’t a Baltimore fan. Sadly, James passed away last year from Leukemia and left a final wish—to see, from seats in a better place, his beloved Browns win the Super Bowl.

All Dawg Talkers share his wish, and a select few have taken the time and effort in recent months to organize a memorial to James. Sunday night’s game with the Ravens has been dedicated to “Raven Killer” and Dawg Talkers will observe a moment of silence at the popular tailgate spot, Dawg Talk Island, Sunday at 6:30pm.

Here’s how Dawg Talker Ken Smith, aka Couchdawg, remembers James: “He was a very positive young man whose posts were informative and wise beyond his years. Polite, respectful, and always cheerful was how I will remember the Raven Killer. James was a special Browns fan who will be sorely missed by all who knew and corresponded with him.”

Football in Cleveland has always been a family affair. From the Browns family and the Browns Dawg Talk Family, our sincerest condolences go out to the family of Raven Killer. Sunday, we remember James Kelly—gone but not forgotten.
                          The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

AWE that's really nice.

Comment

Working...
                            X