<<<<<<<<<I'm having "Girl" problems....... YES I WAS IN LOVE :)>>>>>>>>>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <<<<<<<<<I'm having "Girl" problems....... YES I WAS IN LOVE :)>>>>>>>>>

Okay....... this is going to be kind of long, so I hope you can keep up.

First of all, I'm not the type of mushy love guy. I'm that "jock" I guess who knows nothing about a relationship.

It all started out in 8th grade, I was looking better because I was kind of chunky in the past, and boy did I grow! When we took our pictures for the yearbook and got them back a week later, I had the mini pics, and I noticed that people took mine. I wasn't a loser before, but they kept on taking them.

One girl, named Meredith took my pic. I thought nothing of her. She was in my band class a year before, and wrote "c ya next year" in the yearbook.

I noticed that Meredith wanted the pic, so hey she took it. A little bit later she gave me her picture, and again I never thought anything of it.

After lunch, this is where it started to get weird. She was about to give me another of her mini pics, but the stupid me said "No, I have your's DUGH!". lol

Meredith was a good looking girl. She had the height, but not taller then me, the legs of a model, and just slim and tan. I noticed that later in the year she always followed me around. *AGAIN NEVER THOUGHT ANYTHING*. Then one day, one of her friends told her she liked me, then OHHHHHHHHHHHH I GET IT NOW...... lol.

Yes, I can say maybe I was too young to "date". But hey, I felt something.

This is the mushy part:

I don't know why, but every dance she was just like a little angel sent for me. I loved the slow dance and just snug together as one. (GET THAT OUTTA YOUR HEAD). I called her, IM'd her, and just talked to her. We "went out" for like 3 quarters of the school year and it was the end of middle school.

We had our graduation and my name was called I got my little paper. At the end of the ceramony, the parents started to come down and here comes meredith's dad? "Good job son, keep it up" He shook my hand, and I just stared! I've seen this guy before, but I'm sure he thought I was just another teenager.

Meredith must have told him about me.... and it made it even more special to be with her.

During summer we got together and talked, and the worst thing happend.

She told me she wasn't going to the H.S I was going to.. That she was moving to her mom's in MINN.

It broke my heart. So for 2 years of H.S gone now, I've worked my ass off to get a 3.5, I've worked my ass off of making the JV basketball team VARSITY NEXT YEAR!!!, and she wasn't with me.

Here's my problem: I'm sure as your reading this some of you are thinking "DUDE GET OVER IT, IT WAS IN 8th GRADE". I've heard it before, but I never knew what love was until I realized that I was in love......

We havent talked at all. I lost contact or she lost contact. I do have her phone number from her friend that told me she liked me, but do I really want to call it and look like a loser who can't get over an 8th grade relationship?

I don't get like this often. I haven't had a "gf" since Meredith, because it's like I can't get over her. I wan't to talk to her soooooooooo bad, but I don't want to be some sort of "stalker".

I never knew what love was until Meredith. And I don't know what to do. I'm not a freak who can't get over a girl, I'm just a guy that has a girl in his heart that he wan'ts to see bad.

What can I do? I hope that she would move back every year since she was gone, but nothing. This year registration, I looked and she wasn't there.

Well, thanks for reading this. It took me time to write it and I'm gald your reading this. I don't want HARDCORE advice, but I just need a little help.

B4B

I couldn't bear to read all that, mostly because I already know it's the exact same crap every guy has to deal with.

The answer is:

Chicks are like busses. If you miss one, another one will come along in about 15 minutes.

You're too young to worry too much about this crap. I am back at college now and, oh my God, don't waste your life on a HS chick when heaven awaits a year or two down the road....

Comment

Well, I dunno about true love in the 8th grade, but I don't see what harm can come from sending her a letter or calling her with a message that you want to stay in touch with her, and regret losing touch in the first place.

Anything that happens after that, happens (or not).

I wouldn't call or write and blurt out "I love you." That might be kinda awkward. Especially since you have both gotten a little older and mature and have changed, whether you realize it or not. She might be a different person now. You might be in love with the memory or idea of her

But contacting an old friend is a nice point to start at.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
      You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
        But contacting an old friend is a nice point to start at.
        I think about it, but man It would be weird and just look bad ya know? Like you know B4B I've moved on yatta yatta yatta.

Comment

1 - anyone who would say "it's just an 8th grade crush" or something like that is a loser. Don't listen to them. While it is true that the vast majority of middle school crushes/loves don't work out, there are exceptions. I've been teaching middle school for 14 years, trust me on this one.

2 - Call her!!!!!!!!!! Write her, e-mail her, whatever you have to do!!!!! Look at it this way B4, what have you got to lose? The absolute worst thing that can happen is she rejects you or isn't interested. Think about it, though, even that is better than what you're faced with now. At least you would know and would be able to start the healing process. And, who knows, she might be feeling the same way as you and then... well, you fill in the blank.

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco16
            I think about it, but man It would be weird and just look bad ya know? Like you know B4B I've moved on yatta yatta yatta.
            Just because you write to say "Hey, what's up? How's life? How are ya? I was just think of ya."?

Like I said, there doesn't have to be a declaration of anything. Just a contacting to see if she is interested in remaining friends with you.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. All risks carry potential payoff, and potential embarrassmnent. That's life.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
            You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by Perry1977
              I couldn't bear to read all that, mostly because I already know it's the exact same crap every guy has to deal with.

The answer is:

Chicks are like busses. If you miss one, another one will come along in about 15 minutes.

You're too young to worry too much about this crap. I am back at college now and, oh my God, don't waste your life on a HS chick when heaven awaits a year or two down the road....
              I heard that! BTW assuming the roll of a Tom cat in that situation isnt too bad either!

Comment

Originally posted by Calif. Bronco
                1 - anyone who would say "it's just an 8th grade crush" or something like that is a loser. Don't listen to them. While it is true that the vast majority of middle school crushes/loves don't work out, there are exceptions. I've been teaching middle school for 14 years, trust me on this one.

2 - Call her!!!!!!!!!! Write her, e-mail her, whatever you have to do!!!!! Look at it this way B4, what have you got to lose? The absolute worst thing that can happen is she rejects you or isn't interested. Think about it, though, even that is better than what you're faced with now. At least you would know and would be able to start the healing process. And, who knows, she might be feeling the same way as you and then... well, you fill in the blank.
                That really helps coming from a middle school teacher. I guess I could call her, I mean it's just that I don't know why I can't get her out of my head? It's been almost 3 years but I feel like I've just talked to her yesterday.... I guess it's effected me because she was really my "first".

Comment

JRAE with a comment...

Trust me honey, when you are 50, you won't be able to remember her name...OK, maybe her first name...
                  Seriously, the right one is out there...she will find you...chin up, show your self confidence and forget about Meredith, make it a happy thought in your mind, don't dwell on it, whoops....sounds like advise, it's not, just a reflection!

Comment

Originally posted by Jrae
                    Trust me honey, when you are 50, you won't be able to remember her name...OK, maybe her first name...
                    Seriously, the right one is out there...she will find you...chin up, show your self confidence and forget about Meredith, make it a happy thought in your mind, don't dwell on it, whoops....sounds like advise, it's not, just a reflection!
                    See that's what I keep hearing. I don't think I have some sort of problem, it's just I can't. I don't want to have a low moral because of it, it's just that I can't........

Comment

Originally posted by Jrae
                      BTW, PainterDave would say something like this I'm sure of.

Comment

dude you dont seem to much older then me,so i know how you feel,call her up,whats the worst that could happen you will never know how she feels till you give it a shot,good luck
                        SPORT IS LIKE PHOTOGRAPHY,...IF YOU DONT FOCUS,YOU JUST GET NEGATIVES

Born-1990
                        Got ipod- 2004

Oh! this one time i saw a blimp!

Comment

That really helps coming from a middle school teacher. I guess I could call her, I mean it's just that I don't know why I can't get her out of my head? It's been almost 3 years but I feel like I've just talked to her yesterday.... I guess it's effected me because she was really my "first".

Im a girl going into 8th grade so maybe this will help you....

just call her. and if it works out great. if not then maybe she will be out of your head. whats there to lose?
                          sigpic

Comment

Okay, I'll do it..........tomorrow.

Comment

Okay, I'll do it..........tomorrow.
                              Don't procrastinate.

What if tomorrow doesn't come? Dun dun dun.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X