Hey, it's JRae...What's a nice girl like me doing in a place like this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sam_Z
    Banned User
    • Dec 2004

When did this become a dating service? lol j/k
    Jrae its been a long time since we've had a female point of view in here, its awsome having ya and I hope you stay for a long while! BTW please dont take any of the sarcasim these dorks throw at you, to heart!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 08-26-2005, 11:38 PM.

Comment

• Sevenis7
      Bench Warmer
      • Dec 2004

1. If you truly are "hot", then this will intimidate many guys. They will assume, right off the bat, that they would have no chance with you.

2. The whole "I'm ready for a relationship"-bit will also scare off many guys. I don't think guys start thinking of serious relationships until their late 20s, early 30s. Generally, you'll find them wanting to be in the "perpetual dating" stage (ie, free sex, no strings).

3. Perhaps a bar isn't the best place to meet a good guy. Try a bookstore. Enroll in a class at a community college. Invite someone to something you enjoy doing (movie, lunch) "because you don't want to go alone". I think that will take a lot of pressure off the guy, b/c he won't think of it as a "date" date.

Best of luck to you.

Comment

• Jaws
        The Immortal Madam Chomp
        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Sevenis7
        1. If you truly are "hot", then this will intimidate many guys. They will assume, right off the bat, that they would have no chance with you.

2. The whole "I'm ready for a relationship"-bit will also scare off many guys. I don't think guys start thinking of serious relationships until their late 20s, early 30s. Generally, you'll find them wanting to be in the "perpetual dating" stage (ie, free sex, no strings).

3. Perhaps a bar isn't the best place to meet a good guy. Try a bookstore. Enroll in a class at a community college. Invite someone to something you enjoy doing (movie, lunch) "because you don't want to go alone". I think that will take a lot of pressure off the guy, b/c he won't think of it as a "date" date.

Best of luck to you.
        Hot and successful makes many guys run a mile. I live in the countryside too. The guys round here are all terrified of any girl with brains and good looks.

Comment

• alan
          AKA IRISHBRONCO
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Jrae
          I'd love togive Ireland a try...got a ticket, heh?
          yep leaving denver international at 07.30am mdt tomorrow you can get it at the checkin desk
          SPORT IS LIKE PHOTOGRAPHY,...IF YOU DONT FOCUS,YOU JUST GET NEGATIVES

Born-1990
          Got ipod- 2004

Oh! this one time i saw a blimp!

Comment

• alan
            AKA IRISHBRONCO
            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Jaws
            Hot and successful makes many guys run a mile. I live in the countryside too. The guys round here are all terrified of any girl with brains and good looks.
            there terrified of your really sharp teeth and your fin
            SPORT IS LIKE PHOTOGRAPHY,...IF YOU DONT FOCUS,YOU JUST GET NEGATIVES

Born-1990
            Got ipod- 2004

Oh! this one time i saw a blimp!

Comment

• Jaws
              The Immortal Madam Chomp
              • Oct 2004

Originally posted by alan
              there terrified of your really sharp teeth and your fin
              Hell yeah that must be what it is! I'd better go visit the dentist and have my teeth filed!

Comment

• Johnny Law Man
                "Regulator"
                • Dec 2004

Welcome to the board JRae...

It's a shame that I'm a married man or else I might take a little trip down to Middlesex PA and show you a good time...

No woman should be lonely, especially a decent looking one...

Check out my profile pic and let me know what you think...

But like Primetime says, good to hear from a female around here...
                I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

Comment

• Calif. Bronco
                  Thank You #80
                  • Dec 2004

Take it from someone who has spent far too much time in the Shenango Valley over the years JRae - it's more about the area than you. My take on that area is that there is a certain type of person most (notice I said most, not all) people there admire and if you do not meet that requirement than you are S.O.L.

Comment

• Jared
                    Retired Mod
                    • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Calif. Bronco
                    Take it from someone who has spent far too much time in the Shenango Valley over the years JRae - it's more about the area than you. My take on that area is that there is a certain type of person most (notice I said most, not all) people there admire and if you do not meet that requirement than you are S.O.L.

As someone who also spent 5 years in NW PA, I concur. If wasn't already enagaged/married during my time there, I dunno what I would have done. The ones who always tried to flirt with me at radio events were underage, unfortunately. I must have been 'exotic' or something (not a whole lot of Hispanics in the upper Allegheny River Valley/NW PA region).

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                    You should check these guys out

Comment

• Uula Bear
                      Bench Warmer
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by JRae
                      I want to be at 'The Bear'
                      hey, I'm 'The Bear'

It's great that you wanna get out and meet people, it's gotta be tough to work a ranch and try to make time to start a realtionship. Good luck with that

The earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens
                      Baha'u'llah

"Everyone takes turns making mistakes in poker. The trick is to skip your turn."
                      Mike Caro

"The all-in play works every time but once"

You can observe a lot just by watching.
                      Yogi Berra

every year.

Comment

• PAINTERDAVE
                        Ring of Famer
                        • Apr 2004

hey

I keep telling my little sister, JRae, to just move back here to Colorado, where we have it all going on. I absolutly believe that where she lives now is the problem.

Regardless of all of that... JRae is my little Sister! If one Saturday night she is on here, looking to engage a conversation about hopeful romance and the possibilty of ANY ONE OF US finding true love... I see that as a good thing, a perspective that this testosterone laden board could certainly use to it's advantage. No big deal, but you young inexperienced guys better be thinking twice before slamming down on my sis! If there be someone who opens up on this board, be open with them! Or keep yer yap shut!

Blowing out the candle of another will not make your flame burn any brighter!
                        - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

• Invesco
                          wabi-sabi
                          • May 2005

Is West Middlesex, PA really a city?

Comment

• rcsodak
                            Step UP, or Step OFF!
                            • Oct 2003

Originally posted by PAINTERDAVE
                            I keep telling my little sister, JRae, to just move back here to Colorado, where we have it all going on. I absolutly believe that where she lives now is the problem.

Regardless of all of that... JRae is my little Sister! If one Saturday night she is on here, looking to engage a conversation about hopeful romance and the possibilty of ANY ONE OF US finding true love... I see that as a good thing, a perspective that this testosterone laden board could certainly use to it's advantage. No big deal, but you young inexperienced guys better be thinking twice before slamming down on my sis! If there be someone who opens up on this board, be open with them! Or keep yer yap shut!

Blowing out the candle of another will not make your flame burn any brighter!
                            Hey.....if you're my 'pops'....and she's your 'sis'......does that mean she's my 'auntie'?
                            "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                            tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                            men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

• PAINTERDAVE
                              Ring of Famer
                              • Apr 2004

hey

Sodak! Damn staight that makes my JRae yer "Auntie"!

So you damn well better be backin' her play from here on out, dude!

Yer Auntie JRae is cooler than frozen Polar Bear toes!

If there be somebody on this board, who expresses a true blue emotion and asks for some genuine feedback, expecting to find folks that are mature, and genuine, and trueblue...why that is a good thing. If some immature little snot nosed brats jump into the discussion and slamma jamma the deal with they lack of compassion and defintitly LACK OF EXPERIENCE, why that is one good shame!

That is part of what has always been so cool about this site, is how everybody on board has been wise and mature and showed so much compassion and care for each other. I guess I been gone for too long, and it is time for Marshall Dave to start riding herd again on these boards. And, the deals is, most of our posters are totally of the kind that can be described as "CLASS ACT". It only takes one or two idiots to taint the reputation of us all.

The season is up and running now, we need to represent,and be the best we can be. It only takes one clown to destroy our entire reputation. One idiot giving fodder to a rival board, that pulls us all down. Same same with simple posts between ourselves, have compassion and understanding, a kind word can be a huge thing, and wouldn't you rather offer a kind word to a fellow Broncomaniac, rather than a cruel comment? Who do you want to be?
                              Last edited by Peanut; 05-25-2012, 11:31 PM.
                              - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

• Vulcan
                                Special Teams
                                • Aug 2004

First of all, West Middlesex is a real city. MAP

Second, I unless you back up a picture, I will not believe your "good" looks. Sorry. EDIT: Found it on your website. Eh. >_>

Third, just flash any guy, and see how fast they start coming.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X