Who is running things in New Orleans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is running things in New Orleans

Sorry, just been hearing it all day and I need to let off alittle steam. WHO THE HELL IS RUNNING THINGS DOWN THERE. People are dying on the streets, looters are shooting at FEMA workers. This is America, not Iraq! WHERE IS THE NATIONAL GUARD, MAYOR RAY NAGIN???!!! I don't know...maybe the people that live there will finally open there eyes and see just how corrupt their local leaders and POLICE, yes I said police, really are.

[QUOTE=broncosfan247] WHERE IS THE NATIONAL GUARD,

20 per cent of them are in iraq,i thought they were the NATIONAL guard
    SPORT IS LIKE PHOTOGRAPHY,...IF YOU DONT FOCUS,YOU JUST GET NEGATIVES

Born-1990
    Got ipod- 2004

Oh! this one time i saw a blimp!

Comment

I believe someone posted earlier that martial law can't be introduced in Louisiana. Shame really those who deserve it would soon get whats coming to them. As it is, now the guard have to follow police orders and are bound by the same rules
      "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
      Ayrton Senna..

Comment

Originally posted by broncosfan247
        Sorry, just been hearing it all day and I need to let off alittle steam. WHO THE HELL IS RUNNING THINGS DOWN THERE. People are dying on the streets, looters are shooting at FEMA workers. This is America, not Iraq! WHERE IS THE NATIONAL GUARD, MAYOR RAY NAGIN???!!! I don't know...maybe the people that live there will finally open there eyes and see just how corrupt their local leaders and POLICE, yes I said police, really are.
        Feelings are obviously running high there. Perhaps the length of time being taken in bringing help to these people and evacuating them might have something to do with it.

This is a national emergency. This is a national disgrace," said Terry Ebbert, the head of emergency operations for New Orleans. He said it had taken too long to evacuate the Superdome, a sports complex that quickly became a squalid shelter for tens of thousands of storm refugees.

"FEMA has been here three days, yet there is no command and control," he said, referring to the Federal Emergency Management Agency. "We can send massive amounts of aid to tsunami victims, but we can't bail out the city of New Orleans."

Comment

I was listening on to the radio today and they were talking to this police officer down there and he said some idiots have been shooting at the Army Helicopters trying to relieve the people down there.
          Darrent Williams #27 R.I.P

Comment

disasters are disastrous

Originally posted by broncosfan247
            maybe the people that live there will finally open there eyes and see just how corrupt their local leaders and POLICE, yes I said police, really are.
            i did hear one story about the police taking part in the looting.

now, i'm not saying the gov isn't corrupt and inefficient; that's nearly as sure as gravity (in fact, i suspect things would be better were one of those nation building companies such as haliburton was in charge).
            nevertheless, i think some of the criticism here is overblown. this is a terrible disaster after all. it seems to me that many people think the government is magical; that it waves a wand and solves problems. well, if there aren't roads, the gov can't bring in buses. if it can't get to people, it can't bring them water. again, i'm not saying that it has done things right, i have no idea frankly. but when an entire city is essentially destroyed, i don't find it surprising that lots of people don't have water etc after a few days.

this is a great opportunity for the rest of us to learn that in all things we should try to prepare on our own as much as possible, so as to avoid being in a position where we must rely on the government.
            sigpic
            go broncos
            share the sidewalk
            liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

Actually the police have the power to take when they need it. No they are not looting tv's when they have no power or a house to go to , no they are not raping women because they are helpless and noone will protect them. The police are overwhelmed because many of the residents of louisana are taking advantage of the situation. If I was there I would walk w/ my pistol in my hands, and shoot first and ask questions later,the police have way too much on their hands right now. The military needs to get in there, It's been long enough and they need to be heavy handed on the looters and lawless people.
              Go Broncos, Capitals, and Orioles

Thanks SNK16

Comment

just got off the phone with my mother, she is in Luisiana and she said she seen about a mile long convoy of NAT.GUARD trucks on the highway. So I guess help is on the way.
                SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X