i thought denver was hot - a Q!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i thought denver was hot - a Q!!!!!

i have never been to denver...or the usa (that will change in 4 weeks!!!) but everytime we play in florida i hear ppl say that the heat will be a factor and can we handle it???

well, whenever i look at the temps in LA, FLORIDA, DENVER, etc.... its denver that always seems the hottest and that makes sense considering its inland and not by the sea.

so, natives of colorado, am i missing something here?

Well, it's summertime now. It should be cooler pretty quick here when the fall gets rolling.

Comment

Its not so much the heat, but the humidity.
      Florida like much of the south is very very humid and hot, it could be 85*s but feel like 100 in Florida, where as in Denver it may be 85*s but it also feels it. I am sure it can get humid in Denver aswell, not having been there i wouldn't know.
      "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
      Ayrton Senna..

Comment

whats more questionable is why we can't play in the snow...and beat a dome team on our field in late December.

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003
          i have never been to denver...or the usa (that will change in 4 weeks!!!) but everytime we play in florida i hear ppl say that the heat will be a factor and can we handle it???

well, whenever i look at the temps in LA, FLORIDA, DENVER, etc.... its denver that always seems the hottest and that makes sense considering its inland and not by the sea.

so, natives of colorado, am i missing something here?
          I don't live in Colorado, but I do live in L.A. and have visited both Colorado and Florida and it's all about the humidity. I would take a 105 degree day here (usually 20-30% humidity if even that high) over an 80 degree day there (90+% humidity) any day of the week.

Comment

It is the humidity that makes Florida worse. We have a dry heat here. It's always wet there.

As you look more in the next few months, you'll notice our temps drop though, where Florida's will remain constant.

In the summer it seems hotter to us because we are not as used to heat as those in southern states.

We do get humidity though. It's seemed pretty humid to me for the last two days. We are getting a bit of rain everyday lately.......

Dont worry about it here in October though Bronx. It's pretty nice here at that time of year. Just be prepared for anything! Bring suntan lotion, and a snowcoat!

Comment

When its hot one days it cold the other day. Since we have no humidity, plus the mountains. So litteraly can be 90 deg. drop to 70 when it rains then go back up to 90 an hour later. Colorado weather.

Comment

I like the colorado wheather, I lived in westminster for a little bit, oct-jan and the wheather is crazy how it changes from day to day. Im planning on moving back up there in the next year or so.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yMdVHruUfI

Travis Henry, single handedly taking the class out of our organization.

Bowlen, you gutless drunk!

Comment

Working...
                X