X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rascal
    replied
    Originally posted by bcollin1
    Could it be that you're just a little unwilling to take ANY criticism about your comments regarding child-rearing, because of your particular situation?
    You are in no position to criticize her parenting abilities. If this directly affected you, which it doesn't because you aren't a family member, then and only then would you have the right to criticize her. You have never met her in person, nor seen how the raises her child, therefore, you have no credibility, which you love to defend by stating your past, in this situation. You are just a coward sitting at home being a jerk.

Leave a comment:

• rascal
    replied
    Originally posted by Return of Lava
    as long as it doesnt get too personal
    And suggesting that a parent should have their kid removed isn't getting personal?

Leave a comment:

• orangenblue420
    replied
    Actually, I accused someone ELSE of the crack thing...it was rascal, your would-be caveman protector. But - given the reading comprehension prowess you've shown thus far - it certainly stands to reason that you'd screw that analysis up as well.

Then, just a few comments:
    1. You keep bringing up this "many people have the same opinion" defense, as though truth and democracy are synonymous. While we do believe that democracy is certainly the mode by which we'll run our country, by no means do we apply it to truth. And even if we did, you can't even get THAT attack right: it takes MORE THAN HALF to make a majority, not just half, as you described above.
    How many people believed that the universe was geocentric until Galileo came along?
    Would you be there at his trial, cursing him for blasphemy because everyone else believed that he was wrong?

2. Back to this "half the people here" thing for a second: if it's only half, then what is the other half doing? I have plenty of conversations with other people, and none of them seem to have the problem you do. Could it be that you're just a little unwilling to take ANY criticism about your comments regarding child-rearing, because of your particular situation?
    You've proven yourself to be an accomplished, if less-than-deep-thinking person. You continue to point out that I come across as a pompous ass, but you have no regard for the fact that you're making your OWN accomplishments less valuable. I KNOW who I am, and I KNOW I come off a certain way. Part of that is because most people don't think beyond their food dishes, and part of that is because I'm willing to SAY that they don't. But when I get into it with someone, the only person it hurts is me. I'm not setting an example for anyone but my cat for now, so if I come along and sound like a pompous windbag, who cares? I'm willing to admit it...it's a conscious choice.
    Truthfully, I'm quite sure that you're one of MILLIONS of people who walk away from people like me thinking "What a geek." You'd probably talk to Galileo the same way, because he had information which was beyond you.

3. Along the line of "information which is beyond you":
    How the HELL would you know anything about war??

I'd bet the closest you've been to a war is when your daughter was 2 and said "no" to you, or refused to go to her first day of school. You know squat about war, so - at least out of respect for all the men & women who made it possible for me to get out - keep your mouth shut about characterizing our little 'spat' as a war.

There ARE people willing to sacrifice their lives for something they believe in, but it's certainly not you and your "Save the Marijuana" campaign.
    So its OK to call anyone a crack head based on their comments on a football message board?????

Secondly, I know as much about war as you do about raising a 15 yr old daughter.

Again you say I TOLD someone how they should raise their kids. I DID NO SUCH THING!!!!!!!!!!

I will once again state what I said. I said the best thing you can do with a 15 yr old girl is love them........and again I ask you, how is that telling someone how to raise their kids?????????

Please, please, ANSWER that. Come on, I want to know how that is telling someone how to raise their kids?????

With all the BS you have spouted to me in the threads and PM's you have yet to explain that one.

And again, what the hell do you know about raising kids, you admitted you have none. You havent the slightest clue about what it takes to be a parent yet you tell me what I should be doing?????

If that isnt hypocritical, what is????

You claim I wouldnt know the first thing about war because I havent even come close to one (and that is based on your profound knowledge of me and my life right?), yet you are going to tell me about parenting when you havent even been close to being one.

And as far as the "war" thing goes, it's just a saying. In no way was I being disrespectful. War can stand for many things and there is such a thing as war of words, so again, BITE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

And if you would take me up on my invitation to have an intelligent discussion about the MJ issue or if you would at least look into it yourself, you would see that there is more to it than just getting stoned. But why am I telling you that, you already know everything.

Leave a comment:

• AsianOrange
    replied
    bcollin1: Are you going to war or something?

Leave a comment:

• Return of Lava
    replied
    Originally posted by orangenblue420
    Would you, he has questioned my ability as a parent, threatened to call the authorities on me (though he denies it was a threat, though everyone that read it took it that way, not just me), and has called me a crack head (not in those words but implied that I did smack......)

Would you just sit by and let someone say these things about you????? Not to mention his general attitude stinks up this whole place. Its not just me, he has something going on with half the people here. He even admitted him and Jared got into it when he first came here (though they have gotten past it). He is an arrogant, pompous ass and as long as he continues to call me out, I will continue to respond. I may be being a little petty, immature and childish about this, and a lot of you may think I should just ignore him, but it aint gonna happen. If the mods tell me to shut up or I will get banned, then I will try my best to keep quiet, but for now the war rages on................
    gotta love that. me, i dont want either of you to stop. i think its interesting. as long as it doesnt get too personal, but even if it does, its only words on a computer. makes time go by a little bit faster as we wait for next year.

BTW, i sent you an e-mail, did you get it yet?

Leave a comment:

• orangenblue420
    replied
    Originally posted by Return of Lava
    you 2 still goin at it huh?
    Would you, he has questioned my ability as a parent, threatened to call the authorities on me (though he denies it was a threat, though everyone that read it took it that way, not just me), and has called me a crack head (not in those words but implied that I did smack......)

Would you just sit by and let someone say these things about you????? Not to mention his general attitude stinks up this whole place. Its not just me, he has something going on with half the people here. He even admitted him and Jared got into it when he first came here (though they have gotten past it). He is an arrogant, pompous ass and as long as he continues to call me out, I will continue to respond. I may be being a little petty, immature and childish about this, and a lot of you may think I should just ignore him, but it aint gonna happen. If the mods tell me to shut up or I will get banned, then I will try my best to keep quiet, but for now the war rages on................

Leave a comment:

• Return of Lava
    replied
    you 2 still goin at it huh?

Leave a comment:

• orangenblue420
    replied
    As I've said before, I don't just walk in and hand someone my resume here.

Accomplishments are the foundation for credibility.
    The very reason you DO give a resume when you apply for something is because it supposed to be evidence of the character traits the employer might find valuable, right?

All too often here, people think that just HAVING an opinion is enough, as if it has value simply because it exists.

Opinions gain value when they have foundation.
    True debate is not the existence of differing opinions, it is the existence of ONE opinion, upon which people debate the PREMISES for that opinion. In general, it just LOOKS like several opinions because when you disagree with the premises of one, it usually leads to the conclusion of another - and that other is usually consequently different.

People here just post without the least concern for backing up their thoughts. It's like the thread on Super Bowl predictions. EVERYONE seems to have a thought on what the score is, but not ONE of them has actually broken down why they picked that particular score.

Going to college at the University of Paris for a summer when I was 16, or 12 years of operating nuclear power plants on Navy subs, or even my studies in engineering now...none of that is tooting any horn.

Tooting a horn would be listing the GPAs I've had at those schools, or listing the awards and medals I got in the Navy...which I have NEVER done here.
    Hmmmm.............this isnt horn tooting huh?????

Geez, you and I arent gonna let this go are we?

Ummmmmmmmmm............NO

You apparantly COME ACROSS as tooting your own horn because most of the people on here have accused you of it at least once.

Telling someone (over and over again) that you did this or have been there, isnt any different than telling someone what you did when you got there..................

Opinions do not gain value just because they are coming from someone who is wordly, educated or military.............If the person giving out the opinion is an arrogant pompous windbag, then his opinion will reflect such..........

As far as your constant relation to peoples opinions being full of crap, i.e. the SB threads, isnt that what we are here for?????? We all give our opinion on who we think will win. There doesnt have to be any logic behind it......How much logic goes into sports and who is going to win or lose?????? Logically, the Panthers should not be in the SB this year, but they are.

Leave a comment:

• portisistheman
    replied
    Originally posted by rcsodak
    Life/times of Strom Thurmond:

"I wanna tell you, ladies and gentlemen, that there's not enough troops in the army to force the southern people to break down segregation and admit the ****** race into our theatres into our swimming pools into our homes and into our churches."
    — Strom Thurmond (R), 1948 (MP3 - 164K)
    "I wanna say this about my state. When Strom Thurmond ran for president, we voted for him. We're proud of him. And if the rest of the country had followed our lead we wouldn't have had all these problems over all these years either."
    — Trent Lott (R), Dec 2002 (MP3 - 105K) Strom Facts
    Þ James Strom Thurmond was born on December 5, 1902 in Edgefield, South Carolina
    Þ He married Nancy Janice Moore (1946- ) on December 22, 1968. They had four children
    Þ His 4 children are: Nancy Moore (1971-1993), James Strom II (1972- ), Juliana "Julie" Gertrude (1974- ) and Paul Reynolds (1976- )
    Þ His oldest daughter, Nancy Moore Thurmond, was killed in an automobile accident
    Þ He lived for almost half of the entire history of the United States
    Þ Theodore Roosevelt was president when Strom was born
    Þ He lived through the terms of 18 (out of 43) U.S. Presidents
    Þ He was 14 when Lenin took power in Russia and John F. Kennedy was born
    Þ He was 17 when women were granted the right to vote
    Þ He was one of few living 21st century politicians to have received votes from Civil War veterans
    Þ He was 24 when the first movie featuring spoken dialogue (The Jazz Singer) was released
    Þ He won an election 18 years before Bill Clinton or G. W. Bush were born
    Þ He participated in the Normandy D-Day invasion at the age of 41
    Þ He was 42 when the U.S. dropped the first nuclear bomb on Hiroshima
    Þ He was elected governor of SC in 1946
    Þ In 1954 he was a successful write-in candidate as U.S. Senator, after an extensive government and press sponsored campaign to teach the semi-literate South Carolina populace how to write his name.
    Þ He was the oldest sitting and longest serving senator in U.S. history
    Þ He was a senator for one fifth of the entire history of the United States
    Þ He was a senator through the terms of 10 U.S. Presidents. He was older than 9 of them
    Þ When he was first elected to the U.S. Senate, there were only 48 states in the union
    Þ He holds the record for the longest filibuster in U.S. Senate history at 24 hours and 18 minutes, in opposition to the 1957 Civil Rights Act
    Þ He was rumored to have been sexually involved with the only woman to ever receive the death penalty in South Carolina
    Þ He was old enough to be Bob Dole's father
    Þ Mark Twain was still writing when Strom was born
    Þ A dozen senators have died in office since Strom Thurmond turned 70
    Þ He was 52 when Bill Gates was born
    Þ He was 78 when the IBM PC was introduced in 1981
    Þ He served as a senator alongside George W. Bush's grandfather, Prescott Bush
    Þ He cast his 15,000th vote as a senator in September 1998
    Þ He was 32 (and already a state senator) when Elvis Presley was born
    Þ He died on Thursday June 26 at 9:45pm
    Mr. Thurmond also fathered a black child whom he supported financially.

Leave a comment:

• broncos4ever
    replied
    I wonder why people have to always talk about their achievements. I have always been leary of someone like that. My dad always taught me to not "toot my own horn".

I am not trying to critisize, I am just trying to understand.

I respect a man that has served his country. That is something that one can be proud of.

All these other acolades though, why are they there?

I realize the Broncos are not playing at this time, but it really seems like a lot of people including myself at times are using this message board to pump themselves up and cut down others.

We need to get back to talking about the Broncos. That is what the General Discussions is all about I thought.

Maybe I am wrong....

Leave a comment:

• broncosbeast
    replied
    [erasing and jotting down different words on my paper]

Okay...so that's "witty a$$hole" now.

Got it.
    Don't forget to make flashcards for all of this bcollin.

J/K

Leave a comment:

• AsianOrange
    replied
    There's only like 2 roads in KC, right?
    And we know neither of THOSE leads to the Super Bowl...

(sorry, Norm...couldn't resist)
    Man..that's the funniest thing I heard all day!

Leave a comment:

• ReasonableChief
    replied
    There's only like 2 roads in KC, right?
    And we know neither of THOSE leads to the Super Bowl...

(sorry, Norm...couldn't resist)
    Well, the road does lead to the Super Bowl. But there was an unplanned detour in the path of the Super Bowl Bandwagon and there's been a delay.

Leave a comment:

• orangenblue420
    replied
    First of all, it wasn't "you guys" who brought it up...I brought it up. No wonder you can't discern a threat from a sarcastic comment.
    So sorry, I forget how much you enjoy patting yourself on the back, your arms must get pretty sore..........

Second (since you seem to actually want to discuss something rationally for once), the whole principle I was raised on is much like the original intent when the founding fathers wrote the Constitution (well, actually Jefferson, and then they signed it, etc.).

God dude what is your freakin problem. You really are an a$$hole. How is this the FIRST time ive wanted to rationally discuss something????? You are taking the problem I had with only YOU and making it seem like I am that way on here all the time. You started that **** yesterday, not me.....I only responded, and maybe I shouldnt have BUT I felt and still feel I was right in defending myself.

Leave a comment:

• ReasonableChief
    replied
    Hmmmm.
    I thought the rules of the road applied to others, but certainly not me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X