X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• orangenblue420
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncs Bomber
    Well, I hope I can shed some light on this.....

There are those who actually do the speed limt in the left lane. They should be run off the road, and those who do run them off should not be held accountable. If I ever become a politician, the first thing I'll do is institiute a speed MINIMUM in the left lane.

But then, there are those of us who do 14 mph above the speed limit in the left lane, because, in the northeast at least, the police generally do not pull you over unless your doing 15 or more above the limit. This is the category that I fit into. I set the cruise control at 79, and if there is someone in the right lane going slower than me, then I will move to the left to pass them.

Now don't get me wrong, if you want to go faster than that and creep up my (edited), then that's fine by me. You can tail me all you want, but I'm not going to be the dummy that puts himself into position to have to pay the $300 fine (yes, that's what a speeding ticket is now in NJ). And if there is a string of morons in the right lane doing the speed limit, then yes, I am going to milk the left lane without speeding up until I've passed everybody who is going slower than me. Once I can pull into the right lane without having to slow down, then, and ONLY then, will I get back over. This applies whether you are flashing your high-beams at me or not. I'll get over when it's best for me.
    It's so funny that you guys bring this up. I have been freakin for days about this. This whole week, every night I go home there is always someone in the left lane going SLOWER than everyone else, sometimes slower than the posted limit. That is what pisses me off. I figure if you are passing someone I can be patient enough and wait until you get a clearing to move over but when you are going SLOWER than everyon else, you do NOT need to be in the left lane. It seems people down here have this thing for driving in the left lane regardless of their speed. I have seen people get onto the highway and immediately get into the left lane and just cruise. It drives me insane. I feel if I want to be the one speeding that is my deal and if I get the ticket thats my problem, but get out of the left lane, cause I move over for anyone that comes up behind me, regardless of how fast I am going, I figure if they want to get the ticket thats fine with me, go right on ahead of me buddy and you can get caught first ....not to mention its not safe, it causes people to pass on the right......

All I know is I am glad I cant carry a gun.........ugggghhhh these people drive (no pun intended)me nuts

Leave a comment:

• AsianOrange
    replied
    Originally posted by bcollin1
    Yeah...thanks BB.
    You should PM this to all the Mods.

There are those who think it's easier to get ONE man to change than to actually take the time to address the REAL problem.

Don't worry....we're what Mattos says....the Helicopter people

Leave a comment:

• broncosbeast
    replied
    Originally posted by rcsodak
    No, more like the skin falling off of your face!
    Hey, this thread was peaceful until you got on. Then you come on here and start personal battles then. Look in the mirror man. bcollin is holding it up to you.

About your avatar, if everyone who flies the flag is really a patriot, then why did only a great tragedy spur them to buy a flag? I have no problem with people flying a flag, none. But if you're a bandwagon patriot (since 9/11/01) then you need to reconsider your avatar.

Leave a comment:

• rcsodak
    replied
    See, in academia, when we compile facts like that and we don't give credit for our sources, that's called "plagiarism."

I guess they didn't have big words like that in the 13Bravo company, eh?

Man..."cellular mitosis" must have just put you into a coma (and I don't mean that the process did it, not that you'd know the difference...you probably think cellular mitosis has something to do with long distance rates from Verizon).
    No, more like the skin falling off of your face!

Leave a comment:

• rcsodak
    replied
    Life/times of Strom Thurmond:

"I wanna tell you, ladies and gentlemen, that there's not enough troops in the army to force the southern people to break down segregation and admit the ****** race into our theatres into our swimming pools into our homes and into our churches."
    — Strom Thurmond (R), 1948 (MP3 - 164K)
    "I wanna say this about my state. When Strom Thurmond ran for president, we voted for him. We're proud of him. And if the rest of the country had followed our lead we wouldn't have had all these problems over all these years either."
    — Trent Lott (R), Dec 2002 (MP3 - 105K) Strom Facts
    Þ James Strom Thurmond was born on December 5, 1902 in Edgefield, South Carolina
    Þ He married Nancy Janice Moore (1946- ) on December 22, 1968. They had four children
    Þ His 4 children are: Nancy Moore (1971-1993), James Strom II (1972- ), Juliana "Julie" Gertrude (1974- ) and Paul Reynolds (1976- )
    Þ His oldest daughter, Nancy Moore Thurmond, was killed in an automobile accident
    Þ He lived for almost half of the entire history of the United States
    Þ Theodore Roosevelt was president when Strom was born
    Þ He lived through the terms of 18 (out of 43) U.S. Presidents
    Þ He was 14 when Lenin took power in Russia and John F. Kennedy was born
    Þ He was 17 when women were granted the right to vote
    Þ He was one of few living 21st century politicians to have received votes from Civil War veterans
    Þ He was 24 when the first movie featuring spoken dialogue (The Jazz Singer) was released
    Þ He won an election 18 years before Bill Clinton or G. W. Bush were born
    Þ He participated in the Normandy D-Day invasion at the age of 41
    Þ He was 42 when the U.S. dropped the first nuclear bomb on Hiroshima
    Þ He was elected governor of SC in 1946
    Þ In 1954 he was a successful write-in candidate as U.S. Senator, after an extensive government and press sponsored campaign to teach the semi-literate South Carolina populace how to write his name.
    Þ He was the oldest sitting and longest serving senator in U.S. history
    Þ He was a senator for one fifth of the entire history of the United States
    Þ He was a senator through the terms of 10 U.S. Presidents. He was older than 9 of them
    Þ When he was first elected to the U.S. Senate, there were only 48 states in the union
    Þ He holds the record for the longest filibuster in U.S. Senate history at 24 hours and 18 minutes, in opposition to the 1957 Civil Rights Act
    Þ He was rumored to have been sexually involved with the only woman to ever receive the death penalty in South Carolina
    Þ He was old enough to be Bob Dole's father
    Þ Mark Twain was still writing when Strom was born
    Þ A dozen senators have died in office since Strom Thurmond turned 70
    Þ He was 52 when Bill Gates was born
    Þ He was 78 when the IBM PC was introduced in 1981
    Þ He served as a senator alongside George W. Bush's grandfather, Prescott Bush
    Þ He cast his 15,000th vote as a senator in September 1998
    Þ He was 32 (and already a state senator) when Elvis Presley was born
    Þ He died on Thursday June 26 at 9:45pm

Leave a comment:

• rcsodak
    replied
    Navy turd and glowbug.

Yeah....okay Aard. Whatever you say.
    And that reminds me of something you said...Oh, I'm sorry, ...something you GAVE GREAT REVERENCE TO.
    Stating that I had been compared to Aardwolf?
    HMMMMMM, seems to me it was none other than YOU.
    "For someone who has been compared to Aardwolf (if you're not ACTUALLY Aardwolf himself), you're pretty mouthy about how people are supposed to act on the board."
    And here I was worried that I was getting on more nerves than just your VERY IMPORTANT NERVES!

Leave a comment:

• Broncs Bomber
    replied
    Similarly, ever notice how people in the fast lane on a two-lane highway have to pass ONE more car before they get over? It's not "let the faster cars go by," it's "let the faster cars go by when it's convenient so that I don't have to change anything in MY life to adapt to theirs."
    Well, I hope I can shed some light on this.....

There are those who actually do the speed limt in the left lane. They should be run off the road, and those who do run them off should not be held accountable. If I ever become a politician, the first thing I'll do is institiute a speed MINIMUM in the left lane.

But then, there are those of us who do 14 mph above the speed limit in the left lane, because, in the northeast at least, the police generally do not pull you over unless your doing 15 or more above the limit. This is the category that I fit into. I set the cruise control at 79, and if there is someone in the right lane going slower than me, then I will move to the left to pass them.

Now don't get me wrong, if you want to go faster than that and creep up my (edited), then that's fine by me. You can tail me all you want, but I'm not going to be the dummy that puts himself into position to have to pay the $300 fine (yes, that's what a speeding ticket is now in NJ). And if there is a string of morons in the right lane doing the speed limit, then yes, I am going to milk the left lane without speeding up until I've passed everybody who is going slower than me. Once I can pull into the right lane without having to slow down, then, and ONLY then, will I get back over. This applies whether you are flashing your high-beams at me or not. I'll get over when it's best for me.

Leave a comment:

• rcsodak
    replied
    Similarly, ever notice how people in the fast lane on a two-lane highway have to pass ONE more car before they get over? It's not "let the faster cars go by," it's "let the faster cars go by when it's convenient so that I don't have to change anything in MY life to adapt to theirs."

I quantify the people who came in here at the end of the season to bltch in that same category.
    You just can't leave it alone, can you?
    Why would I, going 5mph faster than the "slow" lane, and trying to conserve fuel by using my cruise, speed up so some Navy turd going 8mph faster, can do the exact same thing as me?
    In other words, glowbug, why would I WANT to change anything in my life just to make your life more dangerous? I'm saving lives, man....speed kills. So does 13Bravo!

Leave a comment:

• Return of Lava
    replied
    its just not fair sometimes

Leave a comment:

• Return of Lava
    replied
    The thing that pisses me off is when im walking my sister through a mall or something, and people try to stare up and down like they never seen a wheelchair before! Or somebody tries to cut us off or somebody doesnt feel they have to move when we say excuse us or somebody tries to walk away from us and laugh with their friends, i swear i am as close to slapping or cussin out a stranger as i will ever be. The ONLY reason i dont cause a scene is cause my sister never says a word bout it. I am embarrassed by some people
    Last edited by Return of Lava; 01-15-2004, 08:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• broncosbeast
    replied
    Apathy and reality TV are killing this society.

Leave a comment:

• broncosbeast
    replied
    Only in America do we order a double cheeseburger, extra large fries, and a diet coke.

This is the only place where you put your car right next to the street and fill your garage with cheap, useless stuff.

There are now french fry vending machines.

Leave a comment:

• Return of Lava
    replied
    LOL i read a list of dumb american habits, i cant remember them all, only 3 funny ones

Why is it that a pizza delivery service gets to your house faster than the ambulance?

On a basketball there were hazard rules and one of them were "for outdoor and indoor use ONLY"

On a bag of food there read the words "do not turn upside down" on the bottom of the bag

the world is getting ridiculous
    Last edited by Return of Lava; 01-15-2004, 08:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• broncosbeast
    replied
    Originally posted by Return of Lava
    another freakin quoth, beautifully spoken......nevermore
    I saw an internet joke sheet a while back about stupid people in our society.
    -one man was driving his RV and put it on cruise control and went in the back to make a sandwich
    -a McDonalds worker was asked if his emplorey sold chicken nuggets in half dozens and he replied "No, we only have 4, 6, and 20."
    -an office worker had only 5 sheets of paper left and asked a co-worker what he should do, the co-wprker suggested he try the copier, so the man went over and proceeded to make copies of the paper that he had left
    -one woman was seen quickly inserting and pulling her credit card out of her computer disc drive, when asked what she was doing she said that she was shopping online and the store asked for her credit card number
    -one woman believed that she could not get into her car because her electronic unlocking device (What are those things called?)had a dead battery, a kind man kindly led her to her car, used the key to unlock the door and drove with her to 7-11 to get a new battery

What is even worse than those people are the people who purposely act stupid just to be "cool".

Leave a comment:

• Return of Lava
    replied
    Originally posted by broncosbeast
    People are stupid.
    another freakin quoth, beautifully spoken......nevermore

Leave a comment:

Working...
X